Everything and anything about ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Sold Out... Rich v Carl. EDIT: Not really sold out, yet.

Got Row P on top deck GSS at 10.30pm last night. Just entered membership number on Ticketek website and reserved a seat for $13.55.

The beauty of getting reserved seats when getting your membership. Will be sitting level 2 Punt Rd end right behind the goals Thursday night.

Thats my tip for everyone for next year. Spend the little bit extra and get yourself a reserved seat. With the club on the improve there will be more and more games where getting a seat will be difficult. I know you can reserve seats on level 1 at the G near the cheer/grog squads. The beauty of that is if you want the seat you've got it, however if you want to go stand with the Grog squad you can still do that as well.

I wanted to buy a ticket for my dad to the richmond v carlton and I was wondering should i do it now or buy tickets at the gate on the thursday. Also I have a richmond membership allowing me into all home games for free, would I need to purchase a ticket also to sit with my dad?

The beauty of getting reserved seats when getting your membership. Will be sitting level 2 Punt Rd end right behind the goals Thursday night.

Same...( Ok, actually more behind the northern point post, but being in row B is kinda nice. ).

Got my reserved seat on the wing, level one and undercover all year with my membership.
Definitely worth it!

I wanted to buy a ticket for my dad to the richmond v carlton and I was wondering should i do it now or buy tickets at the gate on the thursday. Also I have a richmond membership allowing me into all home games for free, would I need to purchase a ticket also to sit with my dad?
Buy a reseved seat ticket for the old man and get yourself a reserved seat upgrade on your membership to next to him ASAP.

Just checked the Ticketek website with some pleasing results:

Great Southern Stand Available
Olympic Stand Available

Ponsford Stand Alloc. Exhausted
Premium Seating Available
Reserved Seating Available

Re: Sold Out... Rich v Carl. EDIT: More Tickets Made Available

Ticketek have just released seats on ground level in the Olympic and Southern Stands.

Would want to be quick if you don't want to sit in the nose bleed section.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask, why do ticketek and other outlets release tickets in batches?

Des it not reward those who are lazy and get in at the last minute and punish those who get in early?
Its a joke, I got best available at the time like last thursday
Still shit seats though, and now they are selling much better seats.
Why not sell them all together and reward those who try to get in early.
First in best dressed, what happened to that?

just got my tickets, row M in great southern stand level 1 on the flank!!! I was holding off as throughout the week only nose bleed tickets were left and i was hoping a new batch would be released

Is there any way, other than the 132849 phone number, that I can talk to a Ticketek representative? That number is ALWAYS busy during their open hours, and I want to speak to somebody, rather than use the online form, where I'll most likely get a cut-and-paste response.

It's ridiculous that I bought 2 tickets yesterday in the nosebleeds and now there are great seats available.

Ive been checking every few days on the AFL reserves availability for seating and well it now says this below as i just went online (ticketek)...

THIS POST REFERS TO THE AFL RESERVE

Member: ???????????

There are no tickets available that match this member’s entitlements.
Availability:

Reserved Seats Alloc. Exhausted

If so this is crazy as the reserve has now been sold out almost a week out from the game, to be 100% sure ill wait till monday and see what the MCG and AFL say about what seating is left (if any)...Im not confident there will be any seats left as i received an email "below" from the AFL before tkts actually went on sale to advise that ALL seats in the AFL Reserve can be booked...

MCG Match Upgrade Information
Due to the anticipated high demand for reserved seating by AFL Members, a decision has been made to upgrade the following matches during March and April of the 2009 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, to 'Reserve on Demand' matches (click here for 'Reserve on Demand' description):

Round 1 - Richmond v Carlton
Round 1 - Hawthorn v Geelong Cats
Round 3 - Geelong Cats v Collingwood

A 'Reserve on Demand' classification allocates areas within the AFL Reserve that are generally held for walk-up to be made available to reserve in accordance to member demand.

Contingent on actual demand, all seats in the AFL Reserve may be booked in advance for 'Reserve on Demand' matches, meaning walk-up may not be available.

Seating levels will be released in the following order in accordance to demand:
» Level N
» Level M undercover and Level P
» Level M in the open in conjunction with Level Q (Rows A - T)

THIS POST REFERS TO THE PUBLIC/MEMBERS AREAS OF GSS, OLYMPIC and PONSFORD stands...

I just had a squizz on ticketek via the public and members seating and the seats below which i could get, well they're premium and expensive but prime seats, HFF undercover bottom level....

Richmond vs Carlton
Thu 26 Mar 2009 7:40pm - Club Members & Public Reserve
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Area: Great Southern Stand Category: Premium Seating

Section: M12
Row: AA
Seat/s: 15-12 ezyTicket 4 x Adult $173.40

I then clicked on the Olympic Stand and also got great seats, just undercover bottom level...

Area: Olympic Stand Category: Premium Seating

Section: M54
Row: DD
Seat/s: 16-13 ezyTicket 4 x Adult $173.40

I then tried to buy 2 seats just to see what would come up and even better, AA this is the first row which starts under the roof line from the next level which is "N" section...undercover AA

Area: Great Southern Stand Category: Premium Seating

Section: M12
Row: AA
Seat/s: 11-10 ezyTicket 2 x Adult $86.70

Finally just wanted to check out the ponsford and it looks like its sold out....but the MCG and AFL could have X amount of bays for general walk up on the night, will know more on monday about this...

There are no tickets available in the selected category, please select a different category.

Availability:
Great Southern Stand Available
Olympic Stand Limited seats only
Premium Seating Available
Reserved Seating Available

I clicked on reserve seating which is $33.85 and it put up way back in the top deck of the southern stand, well compared to a premium seat which costs $43.35, id dare say for the sake of another 10 bucks id quite happily pay that and sit down the lower level where u can feel the action more, as im an AFL richmond member im not sure of what has been going on from the start in selling tkts in the GSS public sections....my question is have members been able to choose the premium seating from the word go or has it just come up on the ticketek website in the last few days?

Area: Great Southern Stand Category: Reserved Seating
Section: Q1
Row: CC
Seat/s: 2-1 ezyTicket 2 x Adult $67.70

I should add that i have my tkts already and wrote the below on my thread @ PRE on March 6th (opening day for ticket sales for AFL members).

I am over the moon that i got 16 tickets today right on the wing on M17...This was at 9.12am and in the following 30 mins the following has transpired, the AFL Reserve is close to sell out...meaning the bottom 3 levels of the AFL Reserve, only top deck level 4 "Q" is now on sale too..
Ive started this thread more so for other AFL members who perhaps might just roll up on the night for "walk up" this is a fully ticketed match in the AFL RESERVE, not sure for the general public but the AFL RESERVE is fully ticketed...Please do NOT wait get tickets pronto!

Availability:

Level N Limited seats only
Level P Single seats only
Level Q Available
Level M (Roof Line) Single seats only
Level M (Open) Single seats only

For the general public areas that "might" be up available for walk up, i would get there between 5 and 5.30pm, meaning 5.30 absolute latest as gates open at 5.30...

If u get there at 6pm you could well be in line for some time and not get first crack on whatever seating is available for walk up...

On Monday the MCG and AFL will release what seating is still available and what areas if any will be for walk up"...

Hope the above few posts have somewhat helped my fellow tiger supporters and members...

EAT EM' ALIVE TIGES!!!

For the general public areas that "might" be up available for walk up, i would get there between 5 and 5.30pm, meaning 5.30 absolute latest as gates open at 5.30...

If u get there at 6pm you could well be in line for some time and not get first crack on whatever seating is available for walk up...

On Monday the MCG and AFL will release what seating is still available and what areas if any will be for walk up"...

Hope the above few posts have somewhat helped my fellow tiger supporters and members...

EAT EM' ALIVE TIGES!!!

Haha thanks for reminding me that gates open at 5.30 and not 5 :eek:

Ticketek - wtf?

A week ago went in to Ticketek and was told the bottom level at the G was totally sold out for Thurs so they made me buy a batch of tickets in the nosebleeds.

Get on to their site tonight and punch in a request for interest sake and screw me they now have bottom level tickets available in every friggin stand.

Heads are gonna roll at Dandenong Ticketek on Monday!!

Come some of the more learned ticket gurus on here explain to me how that can happen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything and anything about ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back