Everything and anything about ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Sold Out... Rich v Carl. EDIT: More Tickets Made Available

Does anyone really comprehend the real meaning of any of Tiger Fury's consecutive posts? :eek: ;)

Shit PHX, if you dont get the meaning of what ive posted u have me worried my friend, or are u just being factious :D

Re: Ticketek - wtf?

A week ago went in to Ticketek and was told the bottom level at the G was totally sold out for Thurs so they made me buy a batch of tickets in the nosebleeds.

Get on to their site tonight and punch in a request for interest sake and screw me they now have bottom level tickets available in every friggin stand.

Heads are gonna roll at Dandenong Ticketek on Monday!!

Come some of the more learned ticket gurus on here explain to me how that can happen?

Don't do it RECORDS!. Having seen the "best available" tonight compared to previous days it shows the joke it is about ticketing is, no doubt, but the poor staff at Dandenong ticketek don;t deserve the shit you want to throw at them just because they're at the bottom of the totem pole. They would only have what has been released as available on their screens at the time, and right then it did only have nosebleed section tickets.

So basically you can blame the AFL and ticketek for not releasing tickets in a fair manner on each level but to go in and release a tirade on the humble ticket seller who has no impact on what tickets are available for sale is unfair.

NOTE: I'm merging this with the other ticketing thread for the Thursday game.

Shit PHX, if you dont get the meaning of what ive posted u have me worried my friend, or are u just being factious :D

Lol, just got home from a Blues Festival and have multiple stouts in me and have 4 posts of ticketing text talk looking at me. I'm lost. Maybe it will make sense in the morning . :D ;)

Don't do it RECORDS!. Having seen the "best available" tonight compared to previous days it shows the joke it is about ticketing is, no doubt, but the poor staff at Dandenong ticketek don;t deserve the shit you want to throw at them just because they're at the bottom of the totem pole. They would only have what has been released as available on their screens at the time, and right then it did only have nosebleed section tickets.

So basically you can blame the AFL and ticketek for not releasing tickets in a fair manner on each level but to go in and release a tirade on the humble ticket seller who has no impact on what tickets are available for sale is unfair.

quote]

sheez u got me confused now, now i know ur gagging me, what staff at dandenong ticketek i live near melbourne airport...
yeah u had me for a min :confused:
Look in all seriousness it is the AFL's fault and Ticketek only sell what they're told to sell but bottom line is ive seen some panic from my fellow tigers on PRE, this site and OER...so i just thought id bring some info over which i had started at PRE...:thumbsu:

sheez u got me confused now, now i know ur gagging me, what staff at dandenong ticketek i live near melbourne airport...
yeah u had me for a min :confused:
Look in all seriousness it is the AFL's fault and Ticketek only sell what they're told to sell but bottom line is ive seen some panic from my fellow tigers on PRE, this site and OER...so i just thought id bring some info over which i had started at PRE...:thumbsu:

Excuse me? How am I gagging you? I wasn't even responding to you in that post. :confused:

Eh, it's too late to bother. Ticketing sucks. Simple as that.

Excuse me? How am I gagging you? I wasn't even responding to you in that post. :confused:

Eh, it's too late to bother. Ticketing sucks. Simple as that.

sorry mate obviosuly it is a bit late, just thought u were replying to me...
Just saw ur reply actually to RECORDS
yeah i agree this ticketing stuff sux big time :mad:...

No worries. Rest assured, we agree, but what's most important is that no matter where we are at the MCG, or anywhere else, next Thursday at the final siren, is that we're all belting at the tigers club song. :thumbsu:

my word PHX, that is the most important thing for all us tiger fanatics that we are all singing "oh we're from tiger land" always great to walk around the punt road end goals when we've had a win and join in with the tiger army (Grog Squad)

A week ago went in to Ticketek and was told the bottom level at the G was totally sold out for Thurs so they made me buy a batch of tickets in the nosebleeds.

Get on to their site tonight and punch in a request for interest sake and screw me they now have bottom level tickets available in every friggin stand.

Heads are gonna roll at Dandenong Ticketek on Monday!!

Come some of the more learned ticket gurus on here explain to me how that can happen?
I think I can help you out. Ticketek are given orders to release so many bottom level sections by the AFL for reserved seats. Once these are sold out they aren't allowed to sell anymore because these areas are reserved for clubs members with reserved seats. The AFL checks with the home club this week it is ours to see what seats they haven't sold yet. These then get added back into the pool of seats that are available. Usually happens about a week before the game. Thats why they weren't available until yesterday. You will find that during this week there will be seats up on level 2 & 3 that will be made available as more seats that the club is holding become available.

I remember in Round 14 we had a group of Carlton fans sitting right in front of us despite the area being designated Richmond members only. The AFL tells the ticket sellers when to release tickets so don't go shooting the poor guys at the Dandenong Ticketek as its not there fault. They are just following orders.

Re: Everything and anything about the amateurism that is ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton.

so have they been releasing more tickets in the AFL reserve on level 1 or just in the general public?:confused:

Re: Everything and anything about the amateurism that is ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton.

so have they been releasing more tickets in the AFL reserve on level 1 or just in the general public?:confused:

General public believe it or not. And don't worry guys, I am a little calmer after a nights sleep.

from the carlton site:

"Members and supporters are encouraged to purchase tickets prior to getting to the ground as sales are suggesting that there will be no opportunity for general admission or reserved seat sales on the day."

just saw on main board carltank fan got a ticket number 70220 what chance 90,000+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just posted this on the Carlton Board.

Just noticed it is SOLD OUT once again on the Ticketek website. You can maybe get single seats only.

Usually the last section to sell at the MCG is the top deck of the Ponsford Stand and I haven't yet seen this being offered for sale on the Ticketek website.

I am guessing they are saving this for last either for walk up GA on the day or last minute reserved seat sales.

Anyone got a ticket for the top deck of the Ponsford to prove my theory wrong??

Wait a second. So even though I'm a member and have therefore already paid to attend this game, I now have to pay extra for a reserved seat or I won't get in?

membership does not guarentee entry if a game is sold out with pre purchase unless however you have a reserve seat package for the year with RFC...

Id wait till 2moro richo and see what the AFL/MCG say about seating requirements and what GA is available...Ive heard it will be on the MCG website...

If they say 2moro the match will now move to a fully ticketed match you will then need to "upgrade for a reserve seat ONLY", as u have already paid for entry....

Couldnt get EzyTicket, for some reason it wasnt available at my time of purchase. Grr.

I will be right to collect my pre-booked tickets from the venue though yes?

Couldnt get EzyTicket, for some reason it wasnt available at my time of purchase. Grr.

I will be right to collect my pre-booked tickets from the venue though yes?

VENUE BOX OFFICE

Used for pre purchased ticket collections or for the sale of Reserved seats for varying events (if available), the Ticketek box office is located to the left hand side of the Gate 3 entrance at the MCG. General Admission ticket sales (if available) can be purchased from various gates throughout the venue.

:thumbsu:

They have just started selling the top deck of the Ponsford Stand. Good seats available if ya quick.

Heard on SEN this morning ,Patrick keane from the AFL said don't buy off Ebay as trhe match is still not sold out, projected figures are 75,000 at the moment , will update any news i hear from media sources.

First time for 10 years I'll miss the opennign game live. Thursday night so I have my daughter and its a school night. Fiance working , ex wife being a ..

Grrrr

Khan

Richmond-Carlton tickets selling fast

Mar 23, 2009
Only a very limited number of tickets remain for the Richmond-Carlton blockbusterd this Thursday at the MCG.

Patrons are advised to purchase their ticket requirements as soon as possible through Ticketek.

Please note, AFL Members Reserve tickets have sold out.

HOW TO BUY TICKETS

Phone: 132 849
Agencies: View a list of Ticketek agencies

View ticket prices

http://www.mcg.org.au/News and Media/News/2009/March/RichvCarlton tickets.aspx

AFL Round 1 - Richmond v Carlton

Mar 26, 2009
Event: AFL Football Round 1
Teams: Richmond v Carlton
Date: Thursday March 26
Start time: 7.40pm

Gate opening times
- Public/AFL members: 5.30pm
- MCC members: 5.00pm

Car Park opening: Gate 3 – 8.00am
Gate 5 – 3.00pm
Gate 6 – 4.00pm
Gate 7 – 2.00pm (Passes only)

Crowd estimate: 90,000

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcomi...aspx?eid=5be1625e-c5ac-4a00-91d0-498157de9e03

All other GA sections for all the other MCG games this weekend have had their GA areas announced, but there are none for our game so if you are going to take your chances and arrive at the gate, do it early and expect to stand.

This is going to be huge. DOnt miss out fellow Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything and anything about ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back