F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

This was announced back in May but the story is doing the rounds again, RIC is going to get a few days at the Silverstone tyre tests to drive the current RBR car

Seems to be suddenly a bit of conditioning to the idea of danny ric returning at red bull in some form. Marko basically saying we have given sergio more years then we promised him implies his days are numbered and its just a question of ricciardo vs albon to replace him atm and when.

Fully expect Ricciardo to replace De Vries at AT now and any slump like the one Perez is going through atm will see them switch seats midseason.

It won't be Danny replacing De Vries- it will be Liam Lawson. The only way he drives for AT, IMO, is if they get rid of De Vries and Yuki leaves for another seat which there supposedly is interest from other teams.

You lost The Chinese FI which meant there was four week between races and then Imola wa cancelled because of flooding which created another gap.

DeVries really only came into serious calculations after he had that solid drive filling in for Albon.

Prior to that I think he was a consideration for the potentially empty Latifi seat, but was by no means a guarantee for that seat. It was that Monza performance that made RBR take notice, which in hindsight might have been a bit premature and reactionary.

Which shows that if Daniel ever gets a race (if either Max or Sergio are sick) to fill in for RBR and does fairly well (i.e Top 2 in that car) then his stocks will all of a sudden rise pretty rapidly. Hopefully he can get a practice session in addition to the two tyre tests.

😲 Max is fallible!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says he deserves a knighthood for buying Aston Martin. But don't think Canadians can receive knighthoods

Billionaire Formula 1 team owner Lawrence Stroll thinks he "should be knighted" for his role in transforming Aston Martin's fortunes on and off the track.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

But don't think Canadians can receive knighthoods

Canada is still part of the Commonwealth as far as I am aware. I would assume Canadians can be knighted.

Being deserving of a knighthood on the other hand is laughable.

Canada is still part of the Commonwealth as far as I am aware. I would assume Canadians can be knighted.

Being deserving of a knighthood on the other hand is laughable.

Don't believe they can. I had to check my self thinking the same.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

This week is a sprint race for those like me that didn't know so don't forget quali is tomorrow night.
Far out there is going to need to be a few screens set up with all the sport on.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back