List Mgmt. FA & trade wash up, what list spots & draft picks do we have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

Brought in 3 guys over the age of 28 that are either injury prone or numbers are declining.

Melbourne brought in Lewis, but they were at least close to making finals, and he was 2nd in Hawks B & F.

I didn't like trading out next years 2nd round pick, strong draft next year so hopefully we can trade back into it.

I think they did an awful job with the Cloke and Williams trades.

Cloke was left until the last hour to get a pick that Dogs held from Day 1 of the trade period, and we must have shown our hand on Williams. Trade 101, if you desperately want to get rid of a player, don't make it known. His 2015 form was worthy of a mid to late 2nd round pick, 12 months later we get a pick that hasn't been used since 1992.

Witts trade was slightly disappointing though probably fair and Frost trade was ok.

If we can remain relatively injury free, probably pick up and extra 2-3 wins.
If we have defensive injuries particularly Reid or Keefe or Both, we are in deep trouble.

Obviously last trade period we set the bar pretty high, but extremely underwhelmed with what we accomplished.

The only thing i'm really looking forward to next year is Treloar top 3 in the brownlow, finally seeing Scharenberg play some senior footy and the return of Jamie Elliott.
Agreed...but there are serious Elliott will ever be right!

Agreed...but there are serious Elliott will ever be right!

I have had the same injury.

Bilateral pars defect.
I'm a 33 year old who isn't especially fit and I still manage to bowl 25 overs on a a Saturday.

It's manageable.

Some shitty days but mostly good days.
If I stuck to my core exercises I should be doing it would be alot better.

He'll be fine.
May miss the odd Game here or there.

Those of you who want to draft border line list cloggers that are simply tall, visit afl.com.au and head to the draft section and watch next year's prospects. The draft is stacked with 'giganteans'! Please, please be patient and keep your gun in its holster.

View attachment 303401

Depth chart of our current list.
Left Marsh out.

Think i have the classifications right, somebody will no doubt pick up on any errors.

Clearly our biggest needs this draft, Key Defender, Key Forward, Small Forward, Small Defender (Pace and Footskills) and maybe a project ruckman with a late pick.

Obviously we're not privy to our clubs FA targets or draft boards for this year and next.

Looking at free agency, Rory Thompson from GC is a restricted FA next year, at 25 years old i would be in his ear already and would be a great addition as a Key Defender.

I'd be into Luke Breust also, gauging his interest for a potential move.

If you could get an early indication (pre 2016 draft) that they would be open for moves at the end of next year (unlikely) Considering we will take Daicos and Brown as Father Sons, our best bet is to go with either a Key Forward or Small Defender with pace and foot skills at Pick 28.

Patrick Kerr and Cedric Cox (184cm but can play on smaller opponents due to speed) fit the bill and should be in that range.

I think Wells work as an inside mid shouldn't be overlooked. Might not be why we recruited him but it's definitely on his resume.

I think Wells work as an inside mid shouldn't be overlooked. Might not be why we recruited him but it's definitely on his resume.

I say not his number 1 thing we want him to do but Is there IF Needed

If Richards is a DFA, , we should grab him

Hasn't actually been delisted yet as far as I'm aware so that would limit his options to the ND or PSD wouldn't it?

Bilateral pars defect.
I'm a 33 year old who isn't especially fit and I still manage to bowl 25 overs on a a Saturday.

It's manageable.

He'll be fine.

Pace or spin bowling?

A contact sport is also quite different.

His opponents will focus on smashing into his back at every opportunity

I agree with your post.

But how did the club keep him out of prison? Even eddies not that powerful.
Pert, Eddie & a Salvation Army rep all flew to W.A (Albany?) to attend court.
They all appeared on behalf of Williams as character witnesses (sentencing).
Highlighting Williams work with The Salvos, his remorse, lesson learnt, good young man, playing AFL, work ethic, has turned hid life around since the incident, having a positive influence on others around him, deserves a 2nd chance.
The majority of young males facing assault in W.A courts were being sentenced to prison.
The courts had cracked down on pub/club violence, sending a clear message to the community.
The Judge stated that Williams should go to prison for his crime (the assault was unprovoked, Williams was the aggressor, put the victim in Hospital), however she decided to place him on probation instead.
He was very very lucky to get off.
Without the clubs assistance...he most likely would have gone to prison.
This had Eddie written all over it...

Pert, Eddie & a Salvation Army rep all flew to W.A (Albany?) to attend court.
They all appeared on behalf of Williams as character witnesses (sentencing).
Highlighting Williams work with The Salvos, his remorse, lesson learnt, good young man, playing AFL, work ethic, has turned hid life around since the incident, having a positive influence on others around him, deserves a 2nd chance.
The majority of young males facing assault in W.A courts were being sentenced to prison.
The courts had cracked down on pub/club violence, sending a clear message to the community.
The Judge stated that Williams should go to prison for his crime (the assault was unprovoked, Williams was the aggressor, put the victim in Hospital), however she decided to place him on probation instead.
He was very very lucky to get off.
Without the clubs assistance...he most likely would have gone to prison.
This had Eddie written all over it...

Actually that's not what the judge said.

Said the GBH was at the lower end of the scale, sited his youth and intoxication, sited that he was assaulted by them earlier in the evening.

Sure the club helped as much as they could, but let's not overstate it.

Said the GBH was at the lower end of the scale, sited his youth and intoxication, sited that he was assaulted by them earlier in the evening.

I disagree.
Moving on.

Quotes from Judge:
“What occurred was not in self-defence.”

“You should never have punched him in the way that you did.”

Judge Wager said while the injuries were at the lower end of the scale, a grievous bodily harm charge warranted jail.

Everything pointed to a prison sentence...but she suspended the sentence.
If that was Joe Bloggs from East Albany footy club...??

Anyway...now I'll move on...:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quotes from Judge:
“What occurred was not in self-defence.”

“You should never have punched him in the way that you did.”

Judge Wager said while the injuries were at the lower end of the scale, a grievous bodily harm charge warranted jail.

Everything pointed to a prison sentence...but she suspended the sentence.
If that was Joe Bloggs from East Albany footy club...??

Anyway...now I'll move on...:)

Judge Wager accepted that Williams had been "the victim of an unprovoked verbal abuse and low-level physical violence" before the offence.

She also said the harm caused to the victim was "at the lower end of the scale" and while Robertson was "extremely traumatised" by the assault, he suffered no permanent injury.

Judge Wager said the assault was not pre-meditated and if Williams "had been sober and more mature" the assault may not have taken place.

The judge said Williams' offence was "very different" from the crime committed by West Coast Eagle player Murray Newman, who earlier this year was sentenced to 12 months' jail for breaking the jaw of a man outside a Northbridge nightclub.

Appears the judge was taking the facts of the case into consideration.

Appears the judge was taking the facts of the case into consideration.
Which led her to state that a prison sentence was justified (facts of the case).
However she did mention Williams being remorseful.
She had to justify her finding (legally).
But we all know...deep down...that...

Eddie got him off.
I rest my case.

IMG_4094.JPG
"Gary...how did Williams get off?"
I'll give you a one word answer..."Eddie"

Last edited:

Bilateral pars defect.

It's manageable.

He'll be fine.
My lower back issues not pars defect so slightly different kettle of fish but I know it's a pain doing the core exercises. I am a bit lazy with them too but got shown a much easier exercise. Contract your transverse abdominal muscle and focus on deep breaths out. I do about 30-50 'reps' every couple of days and it's been far more effective than my old exercises. Hope it helps, if not you don't lose much in giving it a go.

I don't mind Dal Santo he still pumped out good stats this year and is a gun. I think his run towards the later part of the season was quite good.
Don't know why we would be interested in M Brown or Silvangi , surplus to requirements IMO.

I agree with you and was surprised when it was being reported we were a bit tight on the cap and looking to have Melbourne pay some of Dunn's salary.

If that was the case I'm hoping it was because we are trying to be strict on paying only 95% this year which will enable us to go crazy next year with a cap of 105%.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could also be front ending contracts to make sure we have heaps of free money next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. FA & trade wash up, what list spots & draft picks do we have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back