FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

try get Geelong's 2nd Round Pick for Drum and try get Saints 2nd/3rd for Peake...would be good!

My worry is that Bond may not be able to drop the E's into their water bottles without being seen.

Brock Mclean to Caaaaarlton for pick 11. So that means Melbourne have 3 picks in the first round.

1,2 and 11.

all the eagles have done in getting dalziell is recruited another priddis. a guy who gets the ball but doesnt have to skill to use it.... not concerned, he would have helped us though as a good replacement for hasleby... but meh, not too big a worry... dalziell wont be a premiership player at west coast

While it might sound laughable to say "Drum or Peake for a 2nd Rounder" ... from the teams we are talking about it might be worth considering their 2nd rounder isn't that much different to our 3rd rounder.

As for Dalziell ... some people seem to be intent on bagging him as some injury prone mature-age hack who got lucky in his first year. Because he starts the season the same as he ended last year, but suffers a serious knee injury which wrecks the rest of his season? Yeah right. He is only 22 as well. I would bet that WC will get much better value from Dalziell than Staker + Seaby.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s-as-they-happen/story-e6frf9jf-1225782861941

FREMANTLE said it had no interest in the Bombers' Andrew Lovett.The Dockers said however, they were confident they would get deals done for Marcus Drum and Brett Peake.

GEELONG football manager Neil Balme said several clubs had shown interest in young ruckman Shane Mumford. The Cats are very interested in Dockers' defender Marcus Drum, but may be hamstrung by their tight salary cap.

Good news about Lovett, he would have cost far too much.

Nothing new in the rest of it, just that Geelong are apparently interested in Drum but it might not happen unless they do trade away someone like Blake or Stokes. As for Mumford, I wanted us to go after him last year. He would cost too much now, which is a shame...

Interesting work from Brisbane - after having success playing young players together with Brown, Black, Power etc they trade for 3 experienced but middling players in their mid-20's. Hmmm
I would have liked Dalziell at Freo but happy if we draft someone like Hutchings, if not Hutchings himself.:D
Could be some scintillating ball movement from the Weagles with Priddis and Dalziell waxing for 90 possessions on a weekly basis.:p
I'd say our interest in Lovett will only come if he doesn't get traded this week. I wouldn't be fussed about the dollars for Lovett as a lot of the salary cap gets spent on assorted dumbarses who can't influence a game.

Interesting work from Brisbane - after having success playing young players together with Brown, Black, Power etc they trade for 3 experienced but middling players in their mid-20's. Hmmm
I would have liked Dalziell at Freo but happy if we draft someone like Hutchings, if not Hutchings himself.:D
Could be some scintillating ball movement from the Weagles with Priddis and Dalziell waxing for 90 possessions on a weekly basis.:p
I'd say our interest in Lovett will only come if he doesn't get traded this week. I wouldn't be fussed about the dollars for Lovett as a lot of the salary cap gets spent on assorted dumbarses who can't influence a game.
We had our chance he was even training at the club but we decided to take Hinkley instead :rolleyes:

eagles would have to be stoked with that. Two inconsistent bunyips and a late-ish pick for an outside ball magnet and pick 22..good trading( as much as it sh@#s me..)

Hopefully this is exactly the type of trading our masterminds are trying to cook up. We have virtually the same ingredients. Incosistent bunyips...check. Disposable 3rd rounder...check. Interested clubs..giddyup again!

Would love this scenario: Peake to Saints for Pick 32
Drum and Picks 32 and 36 to Cats for Pick 17 and 49

A tad biased our way but in a trade week that could net us #32 for Peake anything's possible.This would leave us with 4,17,20 and then 49,..etc

It looks like we desperately need to get ourselves another pick in the top 20 with the talent available and the draft years ahead, which is why i'm on the trade Tarrant train.

Straight swapping the Hawks for their pick 9 has to be an option.With the whole Burgoyne trade looking less likely by the hour, we should at least have a crack. I know all the talk within the club has us flat out against this, but as has been mentioned before, it seems a no-brainer to at least entertain a trade here.

Pick 9 would guarantee us one of Jetta, Lucas, Black or even Butcher. In the case of the first three it would be a choice of however's left after the
eagles take one at 7.

The cats 1st rounder trade might be a bit of fantasy land stuff but the Taz trade (as sad as i'd be to see him go) could be a realitistic one imo, and one that the future of the club looks like it needs.

And surely Harve's pulling this one out would increase the public opinion that he's completely one tracked about rebuilding the club with youth. Imo his job at the end of next season would be sitting in a similar place wether we traded Taz and won fewer games, than if we kept him and jumped a couple of places...nothing to lose..i say why not..thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cats 1st rounder trade might be a bit of fantasy land stuff but the Taz trade (as sad as i'd be to see him go) could be a realitistic one imo, and one that the future of the club looks like it needs.

Yes, very much fantasy land I think, I'm curious as to where this Drum to Geelong talk has come about, has anyone at Geelong made made a statement about it?

If it was to go forward, I would think we might be interested in trading our third round pick and a third tier player to help our salary cap issue, I can't really see us gaining a player this year without trading one in exchange. I'm not sure how much interest you guys would have in a player like Tenace, West etc.

It looks like we desperately need to get ourselves another pick in the top 20 with the talent available and the draft years ahead, which is why i'm on the trade Tarrant train.

The coach, CEO and list manager have all said Tarrant won't be traded. It's not going to happen.

If it was to go forward, I would think we might be interested in trading our third round pick and a third tier player to help our salary cap issue, I can't really see us gaining a player this year without trading one in exchange. I'm not sure how much interest you guys would have in a player like Tenace, West etc.

Fremantle don't need players of Tenace's 'ability'. Take a draft pick and move on. Tenace is out of contract. Delist him if he's no good.

The coach, CEO and list manager have all said Tarrant won't be traded. It's not going to happen.

Yep, i'm aware of this, it's all the club has said from the start, but if we were offered a top 10 pick tomorrow for him, and the boys didnt at least have a coffee over seriously considering it, i'd be more than a little worried. I wouldnt be the only one either i'm guessing.

Watching Taz this year was one of my highlights as a supporter...one of the best individual seasons from a docker ever. The fact that he was so maligned made it all the more sweeter for him, and for us as fans. If he stays, i'll be hanging out to watch him in action destroying forwards again
next year, but a high pick for him in the last draft before hell breaks loose, and supposedly a weak one at that, could prove to be a master stroke for our future.

Yep, i'm aware of this, it's all the club has said from the start, but if we were offered a top 10 pick tomorrow for him, and the boys didnt at least have a coffee over seriously considering it, i'd be more than a little worried. I wouldnt be the only one either i'm guessing.

Watching Taz this year was one of my highlights as a supporter...one of the best individual seasons from a docker ever. The fact that he was so maligned made it all the more sweeter for him, and for us as fans. If he stays, i'll be hanging out to watch him in action destroying forwards again
next year, but a high pick for him in the last draft before hell breaks loose, and supposedly a weak one at that, could prove to be a master stroke for our future.

cant disagree with any of your posts in this thread silky

Is Drum actually out of contract?

I don't see us offering anything more than a 3rd rounder for him at this stage, and that's probably because that's the compensation we got for Prismall this time last year.

Whether or not that'll be enough remains to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back