FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Although everyone at the club is adamant Tarrant will stay, I was just wondering if the folling looked somewhat realistic now Ball nominated the Pies.

Ball to the Pies
Tarrant to the Saints
Collingwoods 1st pick to us

I'd let Taz go home for that.

Although everyone at the club is adamant Tarrant will stay, I was just wondering if the folling looked somewhat realistic now Ball nominated the Pies.

Ball to the Pies
Tarrant to the Saints

Nah, pies are chasing Jolly quite hard. It will be difficult for Ball to get to Collingwood when they are interested in Jolly.

Plus i don't think Ball is worth Collingwoods 1st pick.

Any interest in Leon Davis, reports he wants to move West.

WHat would you be prepared to offer?

the next 2 Septembers off and a higher place in a AFL Club F&B count.

Tarrant for Davies???

Not a chance ...if tarrant goes it is for a nice pick or a decent player < 24 years of age

Ball to the Pies
Tarrant to the Saints

Somehow I don't think the saints would be to happy with losing Ball in return for Tarrant.

:p

I do
There not that fussed on Ball by the looks of things.
Plus Tarrant would easily slot into there backline and will do everything dawson does but even better plus has better foot skills.
They would then be able to play Dawson elsewhere or let him go back an continue to work on his game/strength.
Saints are aiming for the flag, 2-3 years out of Tarrant during there push to premiership would be extremely handy.

And the reason Hudgton couldnt get a game isnt because they want a younger player in that roll its coz hudgton couldnt play that role anymore as the game had passed him and he hasnt been anywhere near the player he used to be in the last 2 years.
He was just getting by on past performances.
If u ignore his past performances and just judged him on this years and the year before you would see why Dawson is getting games ahead of him.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if Tarrant was to stay this year, would the new Gold Coast team's concessions make it difficult for a club other than Gold Coast to pick him up in the PSD?

I'm thinking that might be why Harvey isn't looking to trade him. Otherwise, I can't imagine why he wouldn't entertain the thought.

Yes, if he wants to play on after next year (probably will, even in melbourne) then he will have to get traded otherwise GC will take him (we get compensation from AFL) or as a trade (to a melbourne club of his choice)

Out of contract players can still be traded, just look at Seaby this year. We aren't trading Tarrant so everyone get over it!!

Interesting 1st day of trading. Where does this leave Freo?

With Hawthorn giving up their 2nd and 3rd round picks for Gibson, they'll have to offer a player (or trade with another club for a pick) to satisfy Fremantle's requirements for Drum. It may depend on a deal for McGlynn or JK3. That's if the Hawks still want Drum.

This leaves Geelong as his most likely destination but as the Cats are at the limit of their salary cap, they will need to trade someone else out to make room for him. Either a straight swap (T.Lonergan?) or else we'll be waiting for them to trade with another club.

I don't expect this deal to be done until later in the week.

Peake to the Saints was rumoured to be a fait acompli. Surely the Saints wouldn't trade their 2nd round pick (#32) for him? Pick 48 seems closer to the mark but perhaps the Dockers are holding out for more?

It's a shame we couldn't arrange a swap with the Lions for Dalziell. I think the surf in Brisbane is probably better than anything Melbourne has to offer.

one thing is for sure - trade week has become a lot more boring since CC left

not that I'm complaining

Thank ***** that.

I said in another thread - at least I can get through trade week now without having a belt of scotch before logging on waiting to see what hairbrained scheme we were up to.

Harves may be boring but I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night I had a dream we landed Gram from St Kilda.

There was a picture of him training with the boys on the backpage of the Worst. I think we'd traded Peake but most likely would have been Drum.

Last night I had a dream we landed Gram from St Kilda.

There was a picture of him training with the boys on the backpage of the Worst. I think we'd traded Peake but most likely would have been Drum.
No, you had a nightmare not a dream! Gram runs hard, kicks long... but his kicking is very inconsistent. He shanks more kicks than Kepler Bradley.

Do you thnk anyone is a good footballer Bradesmaen? Gram is definately a good player imo and can kick very well.

On another note, lets hope we can still palm off Peake and Drum for decent 2nd or 3rd rd picks or even 4th rd if thats all thats available. Hopefully Geelong trade some of their others (stokes, wojo, mummy etc)for picks and inturn compensate us for their Harley type replacement.

I think St Kilda may still have some interest in Peake and when the Ball deal goes through they may have an extra 3rd pick we could take off their hands.

Haha Sydney are interested in Peake. Can you imagine him in the clinches on the cramped surface of the SCG? He'd be f**king useless.

Err.. I mean... he'd be a bargain Roosy. :thumbsu:

Well we already have 3 picks under 50, so I am guessing it means we want 2 more. Which is about right for Peake and Drum.

And yes we room, even if we had 7 picks in top 50 - that would be a wet dream...

Remove this Banner Ad

FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back