FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

bugger, bugger, bugger, shit and bugger again :(

lol It was inevitable KPR. We still need a few players that we would prefer to move on due to our atrocious lack of depth. Although he has a lot of DA traits, as a few people have pointed out, he can play a lock down role on some players and has some good attributes. If he can eliminate a few clangers per game, he would be pretty handy.

And look on the bright side, it's only one year. At least he hasn;t been given two years like Murphy was.

lol It was inevitable KPR. We still need a few players that we would prefer to move on due to our atrocious lack of depth. Although he has a lot of DA traits, as a few people have pointed out, he can play a lock down role on some players and has some good attributes. If he can eliminate a few clangers per game, he would be pretty handy.

The fact that our season finished 5 weeks ago but he has only been offered a deal now suggests that his future was far from secure.

yeah deep down i know this.... but the guy annoys me more than murphy and peake combined... which is really saying something ;)

And look on the bright side, it's only one year. At least he hasn;t been given two years like Murphy was.

very very true

McPharlin avoids scrutiny on past deeds. In 2009 I'd have Dodd and McPharlin on par because both were mediocre.

in 08 macca would have been close to AA CHB, i cant believe people are so har don him for one bad year after 6 awesome years.... he will go back again next year and dominate again

If Tarrant stays on I would like to see Grover or McPharlin pushed into retirement but don't expect it to happen.

Macca is 28, this is an incredibly stupid statement... grover yes, mcpharlin will get back to form again next year and all you macca haters will shut up again.... if he has another poor year in 2010, then maybe it can be thought about, but the guy has built up enough credits to keep him going for atleast next year

The fact that our season finished 5 weeks ago but he has only been offered a deal now suggests that his future was far from secure.

completely agree, i reckon the only reason dodd signed a 1 year deal with us now, is because we are the only team stupid enough to offer him a deal...... 2010 should see the delisting of murphy, thornton, dodd, grover and possibly others such as hayden (if he retires) obrien, foster....... which will mean another huge cleanout

Fremantle...... the cleanout that never ends

Macca is 28, this is an incredibly stupid statement... grover yes, mcpharlin will get back to form again next year and all you macca haters will shut up again.... if he has another poor year in 2010, then maybe it can be thought about, but the guy has built up enough credits to keep him going for atleast next year

I think he's the most over rated Fremantle player ever. Too casual, lacks intensity and doesn't work hard enough. Like Headland and Mundy he got by on natural ability but now tht he has lost a yard of pace will struggle.

Tarrant's 2009 >>>> any of McPharlin's seasons. Easily.

Current reports have Maguire going to Essendon, with my guess Essendon's third rounder (#41) going to the Saints. If the rumours of Peake being traded to St Kilda are true, then I would assume that pick might be what the Saints offer us in return. Although we would probably ask for St Kilda's second rounder instead (#32).

Pick 32 could get us someone like Fyfe, Colyer or Winmar. Otherwise Pick 41 could be used on a Houghton, Taylor or Hutchings. Either one would be a very good return for us.

I think he's the most over rated Fremantle player ever. Too casual, lacks intensity and doesn't work hard enough. Like Headland and Mundy he got by on natural ability but now tht he has lost a yard of pace will struggle.

Tarrant's 2009 >>>> any of McPharlin's seasons. Easily.

nup...

But for Tarrant wanting out (supposedly) and Grover teetering on being retired in 2009 and the absence of any other defenders McPharlin would be in the gunsights for trade and for the fact he wouldnt go East again.

McPharlin, Drum and others are symptomatic of our lack of development and coaching over the years. Too soft and lazy. Drum will probably come back to haunt us ala Clement.

But back on topic. I think with Black\Panos\Butcher likely to be in the thick of things mid to late first round. We need to target agressively another first round pick. Hopefully Tazza (+ pick?) swings one or maybe we need to throw up a Mundy maybe, we dont have alot of choice? Our KP's are not going to be around by time we chase a Cup.

Ah well, heard the discussion was happening – hoped it would fade away BUT an ex-player and ex-president who sailed into town for a recent Grand Final insist it is a fait accompli – Taz to the Aints – deal done

Don’t know who or what for – bloody detest the Aints- so fingers in ears and lalalalalalala

Hope they are wrong, still suffering alcohol induced hallucinations from drowning their sorrows, forget the time difference, the fax machine doesn’t work - anything!!!

If they are right hope you get something decent

I will be rocking back and forth in my chair just muttering NO anyone but them

Bloody women :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ah well, heard the discussion was happening – hoped it would fade away BUT an ex-player and ex-president who sailed into town for a recent Grand Final insist it is a fait accompli – Taz to the Aints – deal done

Don’t know who or what for – bloody detest the Aints- so fingers in ears and lalalalalalala

Hope they are wrong, still suffering alcohol induced hallucinations from drowning their sorrows, forget the time difference, the fax machine doesn’t work - anything!!!

If they are right hope you get something decent

I will be rocking back and forth in my chair just muttering NO anyone but them

Bloody women :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thank **** that trading starts tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be a bit upset unless we get their first round pick and then I will be pretty pleased. Even their second round pick and a young player may be a good outcome. I think Tarrant had an awesome year I dont want him to go, but it may be the best deal for the club ultimately.

What's the chances of Drum making it to Hawthorn? I still think he has a lot to offer as a player. It seems that he just didn't like the club, maybe if he was in surroundings that he prefers we might see if he can live up to his potential that saw him picked up originally as a low draft pick? Thoughts...

What's the chances of Drum making it to Hawthorn? I still think he has a lot to offer as a player. It seems that he just didn't like the club, maybe if he was in surroundings that he prefers we might see if he can live up to his potential that saw him picked up originally as a low draft pick? Thoughts...

Excellent if you offer a decent trade. But with you chasing Burgoyne and Gibson it doesn't leave much to trade with.

he liked the club.
He hated the fact he had to play in WAFL to earn a spot in our team.
He wasnt prepared to do that so ofcourse he got upset coz he thought he was good enough but never gotr selected.
So wanted to go elsewhere.

As long as Hawthorn put him straight into the 22 he will be fine.
If he is ever dropped or injured and is required to prove himself in lower level before being selected for hawks expect him to not work hard enough an then cry about not getting any opportunities.

Just throwing this out there.....
Give us buddy and we'll give you drum;)

crap we're screwed
hawthorn have given their 2nd and 3rd round pick to north melbourne in exchange for gibson.
so much for drum going to the hawks, hopefully he and tarrant can get there 1st round pick and another young player

crap we're screwed
hawthorn have given their 2nd and 3rd round pick to north melbourne in exchange for gibson.
so much for drum going to the hawks, hopefully he and tarrant can get there 1st round pick and another young player
Can be a 3 way trade with Drum going to the Hawks, Kennedy to the Swans and the draft pick coming to us...not saying that will happen but as an example of how it could work

Remove this Banner Ad

FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back