Game Day Final Round Crows v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Two of them were given to us by incompetent umpire. With the AFL apologising the next day.

Anyway. If we win, it won't be enjoyable.

If we lose we get rewarded with a bit of a nothing upgrade in a draft pick.

Only thing of interest is seeing if Tex can make it uncomfortable for Curnow to win the Coleman.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
My real interest is if we can somehow get Gold Coasts pick and keep pick 9 or whatever it ends up as.

Darcy Wilson and a Duursma combo would be good.

Do you want to know what happens?
Goal umpire, our season:

nuclear explosion GIF

You can see what’ll happen, we’ll belt west coast and one of either the bulldogs or GWS will win, rendering winning to make a point useless.
If we weren’t denied the win against the Swans any win against the Eagles would likely have seen us finish above the Bulldogs (they would have needed to make up about 8% playing Geelong at Kardinia Park, and the Cats would have still been in the finals race so unlikely to tank by resting Cameron, Hawkins et al.). We’d have made it even with a GWS win so long as Melbourne took care of Sydney.

But it’s all meaningless now, and the only thing on the line is a draft pick downgrade from 6 to 9 and finishing in the 12 - 7 tier on the ladder and missing out on a bottom 6 draw. There’s more interest in the reserves today, if South could knock off the Bays the Crows could finish top by beating Norwood, and would be good chance at making the GF.

And while a SANFL flag would also be pretty meaningless it would at least troll the s*&$ out of Port Power supporters who’d have to engage in a new form of mental gymnastics to explain how Port Magpie SANFL flags from last century count on the official ledger but a Crows reserves flag in 2023 doesn’t.

A no win game really.

Either we win, costing us several draft positions

Or we lose or draw, costing us any negotiating position over the score review debacle

There is no negotiation. The AFL is openly laughing at us and we've moved onto 'important thing is each week's four points so lets win this week' bullshit.

There hasn’t even been any support for compensation from those morons, they’re telling us to get over it and openly giggling about this s**t. It’s a completely futile endeavour trying to appease them, they’ll move the goal posts no matter the outcome tonight.

At the end of the day, to everyone but us, it's a massive human error followed by system failure that they don't want to happen to them. The only interest to everyone else is the corrective action. It was a typically short sighted AFL rule, awarding 6 points is important enough to review every event, but denying 6 points isn't. They're the same thing. The only difference is the break in play opportunity, which can be fixed by bringing the ball back if a point is overturned into a goal. And let's be real, it's only going to happen once or twice a match.

I think we’ll be off our game not switched on, .....

So pretty much like half our games?

The media is full of idiots.

Barret has already started.

Kane Cornes first line tomorrow will be about us never making it.

Any support for compensation will be gone.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't beleive people think we are getting any sort of compo.

Might as well wheel Chapman out "just wait until the full story comes out".

Its all just bullshit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I played any sport, I always wanted to win.
Ordinarily, I always want the Crows to win. Playing to lose offends my competitive spirit.

All week, I've believed that the Crows should play hard to win BIG, stick it up the AFL and show them that we're the best team outside the 8 with the best %, and that last week's loss kept us out of the 8.
However, the AFL doesn't care and would probably be happier to see Sydney (ex-VFL) in 8th spot, anyway.

The best outcome for the Crows today is to lose and hope Haimish gets it right with Pick 6.

Dont mind if we win but I want us to win because:

Pedlar, Soligo, Dawson and Schoenberg form the bulk of the midfield work + Rankine and Rachele come in for longer periods.

Tex kicks 14 and wins the Coleman

When I played any sport, I always wanted to win.
Ordinarily, I always want the Crows to win. Playing to lose offends my competitive spirit.

All week, I've believed that the Crows should play hard to win BIG, stick it up the AFL and show them that we're the best team outside the 8 with the best %, and that last week's loss kept us out of the 8.
However, the AFL doesn't care and would probably be happier to see Sydney (ex-VFL) in 8th spot, anyway.

The best outcome for the Crows today is to lose and hope Haimish gets it right with Pick 6.
The “best outcome” isn’t very clear cut to me. Agree that a loss would help our draft picks a little, but then how would the current playing group feel for the rest of this coming preseason?

Personally if I was a Crows player, I’d be gutted if losing by less than a goal due to the shonkiest of umpiring call in the one week, and then losing to the bottom side in the following week. Would not make happy moods heading towards their summer break.

I think a high scoring game would be ideal, with Tex scoring the bulk. Whatever happens then at least it’d be an enjoyable game to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back