Game Day Final Round Crows v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Waited all year for the Crows to travel to Perth, so really looking forward to seeing the game. Catching up with some mates beforehand, and this will be my wife’s first live AFL match.

Of course we’re disappointed that there isn’t a finals appearance on the line today. That what we were hoping for and I feel cheated about that.

I’m a Perth based member so go to all of our games at Optus if possible. There’s a hollow feeling about today but I’m still looking forward to seeing friends and going to the football to see a Crows win.
Same! Hollow and flat. Our first time to Optus Stadium and were so looking forward to the game. Now, it's mixed feelings all over.

Mark Ricciuto's dad passed away very recently so the boys might have something to play for, for Mark's sake, but I get the feeling they'll all still be as flat AF and this might be a couldn't-care-less tankfest.

Win - always love a Crows win, but drop multiple places in the draft order. I haven't researched that but I suspect that's the case, so there's no tangible benefit.

Lose - AFL points finger and says 'see, you wouldn't have made finals anyway', but we gain an earlier draft pick.

Meh. I ****ing hate the AFL.

Winning this achieves nothing except ruins our chances at an A grade mid in the draft
Tank away boys ….tank away
“At pick 6 Adelaide select Ryley Sanders - Tasmania “

Sounds a lot better than a dead rubber win out west
We do not want pick 6......

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to belt WCE.

Draft position is a minor consideration here. Plus our luck with pick 6 is terrible.

Lose and any notion last week cost of Finals will be mocked.

Yes the players maybe flat. And that may impact the result.

But lose and there will be no compensation any support we had will evaporate. The narrative will be that we wouldn't have made it anyway.

As a supporter watching the game, just feed Tex. 15 goals will make it tough for Curnow.

Only idiots will mock us if we lose to West Coast as “see they wouldn’t have made it”

The boys will be flat and care factor despite Nicks hyping it up will not be the same.
Yep no one will care in a few weeks if we lose tonight. We have shown already that we have improved this year, losing this game won't change that.

Only idiots will mock us if we lose to West Coast as “see they wouldn’t have made it”

The boys will be flat and care factor despite Nicks hyping it up will not be the same.
The media is full of idiots.

Barret has already started.

Kane Cornes first line tomorrow will be about us never making it.

Any support for compensation will be gone.

We need to belt WCE.

Draft position is a minor consideration here. Plus our luck with pick 6 is terrible.

Lose and any notion last week cost of Finals will be mocked.

Yes the players maybe flat. And that may impact the result.

But lose and there will be no compensation any support we had will evaporate. The narrative will be that we wouldn't have made it anyway.

As a supporter watching the game, just feed Tex. 15 goals will make it tough for Curnow.

the umpire thing is done, move on.

The media is full of idiots.

Barret has already started.

Kane Cornes first line tomorrow will be about us never making it.

Any support for compensation will be gone.

There hasn’t even been any support for compensation from those morons, they’re telling us to get over it and openly giggling about this shit. It’s a completely futile endeavour trying to appease them, they’ll move the goal posts no matter the outcome tonight.

I hate the AFL with a passion even more in the last few weeks.

This is the absolute definition of a 'No Win' game... Win and we just end up 10/9th and get a pat on teh head from teh VFL media p[undits.

Lose and yes we get a better draft pick, but as others have said we will be mercilessly mocked by the same VFL media to shut up about the Sydney game.

Even in our recent dark years of 2020-2022 i reckon i have been less enthused about a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s fire up - oh wait it doesn’t count.

When’s the game on? There must be an old Elvis Presley movie on to watch instead.

I hate the AFL with a passion even more in the last few weeks.

This is the absolute definition of a 'No Win' game... Win and we just end up 10/9th and get a pat on teh head from teh VFL media p[undits.

Lose and yes we get a better draft pick, but as others have said we will be mercilessly mocked by the same VFL media to shut up about the Sydney game.

Even in our recent dark years of 2020-2022 i reckon i have been less enthused about a game.
For me it will be interesting to see how I feel next season, I want AFC to be a contender but we are always paddling upstream

Essendon know what to do… lay down and dont even bother putting up any fight whatsoever in the first 2 quarters.. let your opponent get 10 goals up..

then start trying knowing the game is over..

at quarter time have your players walk to the huddle all animated and looking dejected and frustrated..

then after the game send out a press release about how the team all had some d&m conversations about how disappointed they were and how it will drive them to change blah, blah, blah..

Blatant tanking.. whilst doing everything they can to make it look like they are disappointed.

but not the crows.. we’ll go all out for the meaningless win and completely fxxk our draft hand.. but, to be fair, the muppets running our club would probably even fxxk up trying to tank.. they would send out a memo via email to all the players that they are gonna tank this weekend’s game..

Pretty funny how last week there were calls the club was weak in its response. And yes that press release was pretty pathetic.

The strongest response the players and coaches can give is to show we are good enough to play Finals and belt the 17th placed team.

But instead the group think is to now roll over and take the scraps given to the losers each year, high draft pick.

To me the weakest response this club can give is to roll over tonight.

High draft picks are for clubs not good enough to play Finals. If we lost on merit last week we are not good enough, and yeah the strategic thing to do is to lose. Like Essendon.

But we didn't lose on merit. We should be playing for Finals.

Pretty funny how last week there were calls the club was weak in its response. And yes that press release was pretty pathetic.

The strongest response the players and coaches can give is to show we are good enough to play Finals and belt the 17th placed team.

But instead the group think is to now roll over and take the scraps given to the losers each year, high draft pick.

To me the weakest response this club can give is to roll over tonight.

High draft picks are for clubs not good enough to play Finals. If we lost on merit last week we are not good enough, but we didn't.

Our 12 losses tends to suggest we aren't.

Our 12 losses tends to suggest we aren't.

Two of them were given to us by incompetent umpire. With the AFL apologising the next day.

Anyway. If we win, it won't be enjoyable.

If we lose we get rewarded with a bit of a nothing upgrade in a draft pick.

Only thing of interest is seeing if Tex can make it uncomfortable for Curnow to win the Coleman.

Winning this achieves nothing except ruins our chances at an A grade mid in the draft
Tank away boys ….tank away
“At pick 6 Adelaide select Ryley Sanders - Tasmania “

Sounds a lot better than a dead rubber win out west
If the club could let us know if we're eyeing off a defender and/or looking to trade down with our first rounder then we'd all be able to really get behind the team tonight

As it is we're torn

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Final Round Crows v Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back