Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

an afl member just gave me the ticket that they bought (standing room only; something about M). Am i going to have trouble getting in? or, is it just the threat of being asked to show membership and then kicked out at some stage...
what are the rules with giving away tickets as afl members?

WANTED: 2 seated tickets to the GF sitting together. Love the hawks and would be the happiest person ever if someone has tickets.

Can pick up tonight or even tomorrow after 1pm.

Thanks!

MODERATOR'S NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT OFFER TO PAY MORE THAN FACE VALUE OR GIVE OUT MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS ON THIS SITE. IF IN DOUBT, CHECK FIRST POST OF THREAD OR CONTACT A MOD.

Just after some advice from MCC members what to look out for when entering the game to prevent an id check. Ive been to the MCC area many times with guest passes but this time using a friends card (as the ticket doesn't let you in) I want to take any precaution i can (massive risk for him, but some mates do what it takes for fans to see their team in the GF) Ill be wearing a suit to attract less attention to myself (I have 2 full sleeves) and that alone stands out. Any tips?
Your mate is crazy, I'd rather burn $500 than lend my card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been to probably 6 GF's as an AFL member and mine has never been checked.
I've been to the past two years gf's in the mcc but before that I went to a lot of them in the AFL members. In terms of identity checks you can not compare the two. In the afl u get checked when you enter but after this it's quite easy. In the mcc a members card has photo id and they compare it to your drivers license when doing a check. Once you are in the ground you are far from safe as they check people in the bars, when they are reentering the ground and so on.

I'm going to try and get ID checked...just to let some poor buggers through

Me and the missus will do that and hold them up for about 25 mins
I'm planning on doing this too. I'm going (AFL Member) as are two mates with AFL Member tickets who aren't Members. Plan is for me to go in first, ensure I get ID checked and then kick up a huge stink and get very offended at being asked, I'll have "forgotten" my membership card and have no ID on me and won't be able to find it for a good 5 minutes until my mates are in.

So, 12.15, Gate 6 if anyone wants to get in while you can...

I'm planning on doing this too. I'm going (AFL Member) as are two mates with AFL Member tickets who aren't Members. Plan is for me to go in first, ensure I get ID checked and then kick up a huge stink and get very offended at being asked, I'll have "forgotten" my membership card and have no ID on me and won't be able to find it for a good 5 minutes until my mates are in.

hahah nice work

What's a bet there is nobody there checking? I guarantee i will hang around and they will conveniently avoid me. I just know it.

You know they read this forum?

I've been to the past two years gf's in the mcc but before that I went to a lot of them in the AFL members. In terms of identity checks you can not compare the two. In the afl u get checked when you enter but after this it's quite easy. In the mcc a members card has photo id and they compare it to your drivers license when doing a check. Once you are in the ground you are far from safe as they check people in the bars, when they are reentering the ground and so on.

Did you see many ID checks on just entry for mcc? planning on sticking clear from the bars and not smoking for the game to not risk possible re-entry id check.

Did you see many ID checks on just entry for mcc? planning on sticking clear from the bars and not smoking for the game to not risk possible re-entry id check.
Not a lot. Do u have a designated seat or will you be queuing up in the morning? If you have a designated seat than arrive at 1:30-2:00.

You would be better off getting both of your mates to enter first. One to the left and the other to the right of gate 6. As soon as they get through get them to text you if the coast is clear. If it isn't get one of them to get a pass out which they will than give to you. Your mate who has given you the passout will than enter with your ticket and if he gets checked he can just say that he got the memberships mixed up.

You would be better off getting both of your mates to enter first. One to the left and the other to the right of gate 6. As soon as they get through get them to text you if the coast is clear. If it isn't get one of them to get a pass out which they will than give to you. Your mate who has given you the passout will than enter with your ticket and if he gets checked he can just say that he got the memberships mixed up.

No passouts

Sorry mate I'm stuck in 2009, what will smokers do? I still like the thought of one or both of your mates going in first and checking out the situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back