First Five rounds

Who will the Pies beat in the first 5 rounds?

• Lions

Votes: 81 67.5%
  • Crows

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 114 95.0%
  • Bombers

Votes: 92 76.7%
  • Blues

Votes: 104 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll be 3-2 I'd imagine. We'll get done by the lions in Brisbane and drop one of Adelaide and Essendon games.

As long as we're competitive in these games and have a crack then I'll Be happy.

Only ones who should really cause us trouble is potentially the Adelaide game, and the Essendon game depending on whos playing against us.

The rest should be easy, 4-1 is the lowest expectation of mine

We'll be 3-2 I'd imagine. We'll get done by the lions in Brisbane and drop one of Adelaide and Essendon games.

As long as we're competitive in these games and have a crack then I'll Be happy.

Agree 100% I think 5 0 start would be wonderful but is overly optimistic.

I'd say 3 and 2 Brisbane and Adelaide are the danger games. The Brions will have confidence against after last year's game adding beams will also help them..

5 and 0 will shut up the haters though wouldn't it

I can't image not beating Brisbane. We will have a full squad this time. I will be there and screaming at the top of my lungs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we aren't 5-0 Buckley should be sacked.

giphy.gif

I reckon 4-1. Probably lose to Brisbane, so the media can go apocalyptic, and then bounce back against Adelaide.

It will be interesting to see how we go against Carlton this weekend and will give a more accurate assessment of where the lads are at and what we should expect from them for the first month or so anyways. The biggest factors NOT playing are Ben Reid and Lachie Keeffe and those two add structure (Keeffe) and class (Reid) to our side.

Really? A practice match in Bendigo v a team I believe will finish bottom 4.
No way will this match mean anything about our season or even the first 5 matches.

I am tipping a 5-0 start..Adelaide is really the only danger (excuse the punn) game. The pies are young, strong, experienced, and HEALTHY (knock wood)
Brisbane (just isn't there yet, They have a good 1-9 but no 10-18 players to speak of..)
Adelaide (is the danger game but at least in Melbourne even if it is Ethiad)
St K. (PLEASE)
Essendon (The minds are ****ED and no preseason to speak of)
Carlton (Again PLEASE)

Why on earth is everyone expecting us to fall over to Essendon who've had the worst possible start to 2015, over half a list of underdone players and who haven't really recruited strongly?

I feel like being overly-optimistic saying 5-0 but there's also nothing to suggest we can't do just that. In fact I'm expecting us to run hard all the way through to Round 11.

Really? A practice match in Bendigo v a team I believe will finish bottom 4.
No way will this match mean anything about our season or even the first 5 matches.
Its more about who we have on the pitch this weekend. We'll be nearly full strength and if we can't belt Carlton by 40+ then I'll be worried about what we can actually deliver come round 1.

According to all reports we've had a dream preseason with many players setting pb's and others completing it for the first time ever or in a while. We should be primed to pump Carlton and carry that through to the season proper and beyond.

So it may be a "practice" match but it also sets the tone for the start of the real season. If we play like a bag of crap and lose with Pendles, Cloke and Swan back in the team I think we have cause to worry.

Brisbane will be troublesome this year. I don't think that they'll make the finals, but I do think that they'll cause some headaches along the way, including for us in round one. Beyond that, either of Adelaide and Essendon might get over the top of us. Assuming we drop one of those, I think we'll be 3-2.

I disagree with the idea that a 0-2 start to the season would be a disaster. It would be far from ideal, especially given how fine a thing it would be to give the Brions are kicking, but I think we'd recover just fine.

The other thing is that it will depend on how quickly and how much the best 22 settles itself, and how much Bucks is thinking of 2015 as a strong development year, and how bold they are at the selection table. I'd (almost) happily cop 2-3 after five rounds if I can see the seeds of the future being planted.

Hopefully we can have a good start to the year.. We all know what happened round 1 last year but we quickly turned it around. This year we should smash Brisbane then take that momentum to continue our rise up the ladder and back to finals

Remove this Banner Ad

First Five rounds

Back