Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL360 last night during the Toby Greene interview had that Engie was set to be a sellout for Saturday night.

I was thinking with the current rate of sales it might get close but fall short but with that latest promotion may push it over the line.

Fingers crossed it does sellout.
I mean I guess they would have the stats for it regarding walk ups and late purchases etc, but I can’t see it unfortunately.
Don’t get me wrong would love a sold out Giants Stadium.

I mean I guess they would have the stats for it regarding walk ups and late purchases etc, but I can’t see it unfortunately.
Don’t get me wrong would love a sold out Giants Stadium.
Totally agree mate.

Last year for the finals game St Kilda v Giants they moved the Saints to the MCG and the justification was that modelling showed they'd get around the 69k mark (from memory).

I attended that game and was surprised when it appeared that 68,465 attended at the MCG, which was pretty close to what they had projected.

So I reckon some of this modelling could get it quite close but not sure we'll reach capacity.

Hopefully it does, though, as I'd also love a soldout Giants stadium. :D

AFL360 last night during the Toby Greene interview had that Engie was set to be a sellout for Saturday night.

I was thinking with the current rate of sales it might get close, but fall short, but with that latest promotion it may push it over the line.

Fingers crossed it does sellout.
This might be the most parochial 'big' home crowd we've ever had. Every 20,000ish crowd we've had has usually been half Swans, Collingwood (this year) or Bulldogs (2016) fans.

It's very exciting.

I think we should drop Cogs for Bedford.

That's it.

Snooze goes straight to Neale

Let Taylor and Buckley take care of Daniher and Hipwood.

Who gets Charlie Cameron?

Nerd Daniels and Greene to have better games...

I think we should drop Cogs for Bedford.

That's it.

Snooze goes straight to Neale

Let Taylor and Buckley take care of Daniher and Hipwood.

Who gets Charlie Cameron?

Nerd Daniels and Greene to have better games...
Swapping Cogs for Bedford makes sense based on the QF performance, but who knows what they will go with.

Idun says he usually gets Rayner, so Pez or HH to Cameron. Pez might not be quick enough.

We 100% need a redemption game from Toby and Daniels.

Swapping Cogs for Bedford makes sense based on the QF performance, but who knows what they will go with.

Idun says he usually gets Rayner, so Pez or HH to Cameron. Pez might not be quick enough.

I think Pez is too slow to pick him up. Prefer him in Raynor.
Idun to Cameron for me but who knows.

I think Cogs should be declared not fit (if he isnt), not dropped as such. If he literally can't handle contact he should just have surgery.
But I don't blame him, he is I guess hoping it just comes good somehow.

Just catching up on the ticketing chat and the Sinclair stand has been selling tickets as thats where my seats are.

I had to use an email forward to me from a contact in the Royal Agricultural Society to get the tickets though. I wanted cat 2 up high(where I prefer to watch the game) but my giants membership would only show the boys starting with a 2 below it.

I’d say the estimates of a sell out are bang on 👌

Just catching up on the ticketing chat and the Sinclair stand has been selling tickets as thats where my seats are.

I had to use an email forward to me from a contact in the Royal Agricultural Society to get the tickets though. I wanted cat 2 up high(where I prefer to watch the game) but my giants membership would only show the boys starting with a 2 below it.

I’d say the estimates of a sell out are bang on 👌
Surely this would our most parochial crowd then.
Lions travel? dlanod ?

Edit. Interesting it doesn’t show on the map at Ticketmaster, unless it was the first sold out up there.

Last edited:
They probably reserve certain bays for various interest groups before opening them up to the public. Sinclair Stand tickets are now showing on the Ticketmaster site along with the Cumberland Stand. Everything else appears to be exhausted.

Even if it’s not a sellout the ground will be rocking with circa 20k in the house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They probably reserve certain bays for various interest groups before opening them up to the public. Sinclair Stand tickets are now showing on the Ticketmaster site along with the Cumberland Stand. Everything else appears to be exhausted.

Even if it’s not a sellout the ground will be rocking with circa 20k in the house.
Ahh ok

Surely this would our most parochial crowd then.
Lions travel? dlanod ?

Edit. Interesting it doesn’t show on the map at Ticketmaster, unless it was the first sold out up there.
Got a fair few of the guys from the BF board making a road trip down (or up). I think there'll be reasonable numbers but nowhere near the Collingwood/Richmond numbers. It's why I reckon over that 19k-20k mark will be a good result, even without a full sell out.

Can't wait to see the selection drop tonight. Bedford will come in to the 23 almost certainly for XO. For mine the only other contentious spot is Keeffe vs Riccardi. Keeffe has done a good job as the defensive forward/ruck chop-out and would be sent to Harris Andrews to minimise his intercepting game and create more space for Hogan.

The problem is Lachie's very poor goal kicking. We missed a few easy shots last week and that was the difference in the end. Riccardi is a natural forward who you'd certainly trust more with a set shot, but doesn't bring much else to the team.

Can't wait to see the selection drop tonight. Bedford will come in to the 23 almost certainly for XO. For mine the only other contentious spot is Keeffe vs Riccardi. Keeffe has done a good job as the defensive forward/ruck chop-out and would be sent to Harris Andrews to minimise his intercepting game and create more space for Hogan.

The problem is Lachie's very poor goal kicking. We missed a few easy shots last week and that was the difference in the end. Riccardi is a natural forward who you'd certainly trust more with a set shot, but doesn't bring much else to the team.
Love how Keefe has stood up but he was burned off a few times, add to that the missed shots and I think Ricca should be recalled.

Love how Keefe has stood up but he was burned off a few times, add to that the missed shots and I think Ricca should be recalled.
Hopefully with an indication he needs to try really hard in the ruck.
But perhaps the possibility that Cadman plays better without Riccardi needs considering as well, or perhaps this is a false observation I am making.
But sometimes Riccardi is very good at up the ground marking, and whatever he was doing in his last couple of games was with his finger injury, so if that is 100% perhaps he is a better choice than Keefe.
Also if Briggs went down, we still have Himmelberg as a pretty good ruck option to use in my opinion.
He was in the ruck when Toby kicked the winner vs Swans in round 7 or so last year.

Last edited:
Hopefully with an indication he needs to try really hard in the ruck.
But perhaps the possibility that Cadmsn plays better without Riccardi needs considering as well.
But sometimes Riccardi is very good at up the ground marking, and whatever he was doing in hid last couple of games was with his finger injury, so if that is 100% perhaps he is a better choice than Keefe.
Also if Briggs went down, we still have Himmelberg as a pretty good ruck option to use in my opinion.
He was in the ruck when Toby kicked the winner vs Swans in round 7 or so last year.
Riccardi will be up against Daniher who frequently just does not contest the ruck, so he's got a low bar to clear.

I saw on lions board there is apparently fewer trains than normal, due to industrial action.
Will slightly hurt the crowd I guess. I bought a ticket last night, so am a bit annoyed about this. Where can we park for free that is close. Is it concord west station.

I saw on lions board there is apparently fewer trains than normal, due to industrial action.
Will slightly hurt the crowd I guess. I bought a ticket last night, so am a bit annoyed about this. Where can we park for free that is close. Is it concord west station.
Would only effect walk up, tickets already sold it shouldn’t effect

Had a look and there are only 23 seats left outside of the first 5 rows of the now partly open Sinclair and Cumberland.

Definitely around 20k

I've been tracking it multiple times a day, those upper level stands that are now greyed out aren't fully sold, only the front half was.

They are doing the same thing with the two stands now on sale. I dunno why, they must want at least some people in every stand, as opposed to having less stands that are all totally filled. It's been strange to watch the approach that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back