Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep agree on those two stands, why I said first 5 rows.
Every other bay has been up for sale since Monday supposedly.

Yeah all at some point. Here is what I've seen tracking it since Monday for those that are keen to know.

Green > 90 percent full.
Yellow - around 50 percent full, the front half only.
Red - currently about 10 percent full, only selling a few rows in the front.

20240912_115335.jpg

Yeah all at some point. Here is what I've seen tracking it since Monday for those that are keen to know.

Green > 90 percent full.
Yellow - around 50 percent full, the front half only.
Red - currently about 10 percent full, only selling a few rows in the front.

View attachment 2108320
Green seems to be gone except for a bout 20 tickets. 10 or so of which are the wheel chair access.
Red, which has only had the first 5 rows available/open the last two days seem to have plenty available. Dropping the ball Sinclair and Cumberland.
Orange looked to have been always available over the week until when greyed out/sold unless I’ve missed something.
Surely they wouldn’t close a bay after opening it? Makes zero sense.

So stand by stand.
Lower bowl- gone, no tickets available except 14 wheel chair access seats - been available to purchase all week.

Council Rooms- there has been an update, only 3 available, was 10 this morning and now back out to 8.
Why are they making this complicated.
And back down to 5. 😮‍💨

It just makes the sport look foolish and inept if the numbers don’t match.

Playfair- Gone, available all week

Charley Room- Gone, Available all week

Members Stand- Gone, Available all week

Sky Deck- Gone, Available all week

Corporate Suites- Gone, Available all week

Jamison- Gone, Available all week

See Room- Gone, available all week

Lions Members/fans? Who knows. All greyed all week

Cumberland- First 5 only opened Tuesday plenty available.

Sinclair- First 5 rows only opened today plenty available.

Vincent Fairfax- Now here’s the confusion, I swear I thought I sore the whole stand open on Monday, now all greyed out. So 🤷‍♂️

Edit- not trying to be defensive or argumentative, just trying to work it out. This could be the best home crowd we have ever had and, honestly, over the games tickets merchants and the AFL play at times with tickets.

Plus it’s interesting at a purely growth level, and discussion level. At least until teams are announced tonight.

Last edited:

Green seems to be gone except for a bout 20 tickets. 10 or so of which are the wheel chair access.
Red, which has only had the first 5 rows available/open the last two days seem to have plenty available. Dropping the ball Sinclair and Cumberland.
Orange looked to have been always available over the week until when greyed out/sold unless I’ve missed something.
Surely they wouldn’t close a bay after opening it? Makes zero sense.

Yeh green I say 90 percent because you obviously have a few individual seats in each bay that are still hard to sell coz not many people attend alone. They have all been greyed out to funnel any additional buyers into the two new stands now though. Section 421 only the front half of that sold before the whole stadium was greyed out except those 2 new stands they want people to sit in.

Orange only became available on Tuesday, which I and my giants mate thought strange coz it's on tv more than the camera side stands, but they only sold the front half before greying it out, the back half was never available.

Red they're doing a similar thing, only selling the front half of the smaller stand and only selling a few rows in each bay towards the front of the Cumberland stand at this stage.

It's all about funneling people into certain areas making them think those are the only seats available, coz they must want every stand to look somewhat occupied on tv. Or, they wanna leave bits of a number of stands with seats available to give walk ups a couple of options on game day.

The other reason might be to make it appear like only the higher priced seats are remaining, to make more money.

Tickets in the Fairfax Stand were going for $35, so it’s pretty lousy it they’ve greyed out the back rows before selling them all.
Silly bugger games.

Just release all the tickets.

If you want to do it in stages then lower bowl, then upper bowl.

Makes us look stupid and inept even though the club has no control on it.

If it’s a case of thousands of seats available outside Sinclair and Cumberland.

Tickets in the Fairfax Stand were going for $35, so it’s pretty lousy it they’ve greyed out the back rows before selling them all.

Watching these games they've played this week makes me wonder how many times over the years I've either overpaid or gotten a crap seat by assuming that's all there is for sale at the time of purchase.

I'm sure there is no need to do it for a really high demand event that sells out in 24 hours, but they must do this for a lot of events that take at least a number of days to sellout. 90 percent of the public would be unaware of this too, I know I was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Public transport is included with our game tickets :D

Also, Sydney trains has put on express direct services from Central to Sydney Olympic Park.

Express trains will leave Central at 5:55pm, 6.20pm and 6.35pm, stopping at Redfern, Strathfield then Olympic Park.

Also, as others have said, there will be some trains running on reduced frequency due to industrial action, check the transport apps/transport NSW website closer to to confirm timetable just in case there are any changes.

In - Toby Bedford
Out - Toby McMullin (Omitted)

Milestones - Finn Callaghan (50th game), Kieren Briggs (50th game)
Backs - 27 Harry Himmelberg, 15 - Sam Taylor, 39 - Connor Idun
Half Backs - 6 Lachie Whitfield, 44 Jack Buckley, 36 Harry Perryman
Centre - 17 Finn Callaghan, 12 Tom Green, 22 Josh Kelly
Half Forwards - 16 Brent Daniels, 5 Aaron Cadman 13 Isaac Cumming
Forwards - 2 Darcy Jones, 23 Jesse Hogan, 4 Toby Greene
Followers - 32 Kieren Briggs, 3 Stephen Coniglio, 20 James Peatling

Interchange - 8 Callan Ward, 7 Lachie Ash, 14 Toby Bedford, 25 Lachlan Keeffe, 33Xavier O'Halloran
Emergencies - 26 Jake Riccardi, 31 Toby McMullin, 19 Nick Haynes

Bedford in for McMullin. Bit of a shock but he’s been a little quieter the past few weeks I guess.
Obvious choice I thought personnel wise. XO had more impact in a shorter period of time off the bench.

The interesting part is that it potentially leaves us with an unbalanced side. Cumming named in the forward line and only keefe on the bench as a forward. Is wardy a chance for sub to keep balance or are we going to use the resting mids through forward 50 more. Could be an increase in f50 for cogs

Wouldn’t read too much into how they’re named on the team sheet.

I expect Coniglio will play more of a small forward role (McMullin’s spot) and less time in the middle given his shoulder problems.
That worked so well last time.
Wasn’t that his role during the disastrous 2020 return?

I just (edit: hope) TFG doesn't get himself in strife.

Fair bit of talk about him across the media this week and the coach also stating he needs to lift.

Pressure is on him to perform big time and even though he does best when on edge, he has a habit of giving away stupid 50s by going that bit too far, to the detriment of the team.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back