Autopsy First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Gameday, first semi-final. Is it our final day in this year's competition, or the gateway to another preliminary final? This is going to be an extraordinarily tough match, even though it's at home. Come out firing boys, but - as last week showed - we need a four-quarter effort all the way to the final siren.

Congratulations to the two lads celebrating 50 games: Keiren Briggs and Finn Callaghan. Have great games.

GWS v BRIS.png

Whatever the outcome of today’s match, our club has done well to be in a position where a win today will take us to an incredible 5th Preliminary Final in our 13 year history. Most AFL clubs can only dream of such consistent success! Hopefully, Kingsley has the team primed to play 4 quarter football, after we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against south Melbourne last week.

The weather should be interesting. With a southerly coming over at around 7pm we can expect a very windy game (around 30 km/h winds forecasted). Should hopefully advantage us, as our team will be more used to the conditions at the ground and kicking in high winds there. I'm expecting it to be a bit like the Gold Coast game where it also worked in our favour.

The weather should be interesting. With a southerly coming over at around 7pm we can expect a very windy game (around 30 km/h winds forecasted). Should hopefully advantage us, as our team will be more used to the conditions at the ground and kicking in high winds there. I'm expecting it to be a bit like the Gold Coast game where it also worked in our favour.
Hopefully not the cold rain of the Bulldogs, Swans games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, long time since I was on BigFooty so not sure what protocols are on this stuff anymore…

Was going to game tonight but can’t now. Got two tickets - 1 adult, 1 child. Section 226, Row B.

Happy to transfer to someone’s Ticketmaster account free to a good home.

PM me I guess.

Heard from others that the precinct is packed with orange and charcoal in all the pubs. Good sign.
Don't think I've ever seen so many Giants fans on the trains. So many getting on at Parramatta.

Seems like a very good Giants turnout so far and I am yet to arrive at Olympic Park! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back