Autopsy First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

At the ground last night I noticed the change too but I don't think it was a game plan thing, I think the boys where running out of legs. Before then we would open it up and work it at least to a wing, but then it became static up ahead with fewer attempts to get into space etc. It was too far out from the final siren to bed anything conscious.
I don't know if real or not, but I think for both games we where kicking into the wind in 4th qtr, and if anything it got a bit stronger.

Finding anything to make us feel better out of the loss is we did smash an all time record for KM covered in a game as a team.

317.8km

Smashed the previous record set by MFC at 311km.

Possibly one of the factors (as well as ump calls and set shot) the reason we fatigued late in the game.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Finding anything to make us feel better out of the loss is we did smash an all time record for KM covered in a game as a team.

317.8km

Smashed the previous record set by MFC at 311km.

Possibly one of the factors (as well as ump calls and set shot) the reason we fatigued late in the game.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I love our main game style. It is great fun to watch, which is important in building our crowds. I don't want it to change much.

But winning is also important for building our crowds, and to win we need to improve our B plan for those periods in the game when it is necessary to preserve energy. We leak too many goals at the moment when trying to ease off. We just need a way of taking our foot off the pedal that costs less on the scoreboard. I think it's very doable, and I expect the coaches and players are already onto it.

Yeah we did. Lions, and Swans, have that “connection”.
Fitzroy got undermined by the then VFL over and over again and ultimately destroyed and wound up to try and improve their national story. The AFL doesn't consider the Lions a continuation of Fitzroy (see their records and any adherence to the Fitzroy-Brisbane merger rules about Victorian games). This one's a real stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back