Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Footy predicts we finish 3rd, play Geelong at the MCG.
Interesting, will need to beat Collingwood next week at the MCG (which I can't see happening IMO) + Essendon at GABBA in R24.

If we did lose another match, we will be playing one of Collingwood, Fremantle or Carlton in a home Elimination Final.

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Awesome result Lions on wheels in a 1 point thriller!

Same inaccuracy issues as the Lions boys though.

There's also a father / son in our team too

Brisbane Lions unveil new father-son ahead of Wheelchair AFL QClash

Former Maroochydore QAFL player, Zach Carlson has been named in the Brisbane Lions Wheelchair AFL team becoming the clubs first ‘father-son’ signing for Australia’s newest para-sport.

Zach, who became a paraplegic in 2018 after suffering a spinal injury, is the son of Darren Carlson, who played 25 games with the Brisbane Bears from 1987 – 1990.
Wonder how that will go down at St Kilda :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane really needs to win against Collingwood and Essendon to get a top 4 finish. Not sure we can win it from 5th or if we lose both of these games.

1723624676162.png

No chance they would have the game at Kardinia Park or is it still being renovated anyway? (in the Cats v.Lions scenario)
Renovations done. Reviewing flights to Avalon.

I think Geelong could successfully argue that a Geelong v Brisbane Qualifying or Elimination Final would not draw a crowd in excess of 55,000 to the MCG, which is the threshold as I understand it.

Also if we win on Saturday I might do the bolt from the G to Docklands to cheer on the Saints.

Story in the Herald Sun tomorrow about free kick differential when teams playing at home against interstate teams (doesn’t include derbies). Two obvious teams missing; us and Giants who have -45 free differential and an avg crowd of only 12,000. No idea what our numbers are but we sadly aren’t on the receiving end of more free kicks at home.

IMG_9230.jpeg

Story in the Herald Sun tomorrow about free kick differential when teams playing at home against interstate teams (doesn’t include derbies). Two obvious teams missing; us and Giants who have -45 free differential and an avg crowd of only 12,000. No idea what our numbers are but we sadly aren’t on the receiving end of more free kicks at home.

View attachment 2079547
We are pretty high up on the free kick ladder this year I think, so we must do better away from home. Very strange.

We are pretty high up on the free kick ladder this year I think, so we must do better away from home. Very strange.
They were talking about the noise of affirmation thing and when talking about Giants saying there’s barely a crowd making noise. As for us, we’ve supposedly had all these sell outs and still we must be on the losing end of frees playing at home against interstate teams. Perhaps the umps just don’t like us.

King’s 2024 All-Australian team​

B: Lachie Whitfield (GWS) | Jeremy McGovern (WCE) | James Sicily (HAW)
HB: Jack Sinclair (STK) | Harris Andrews (BRI) | Dan Houston (PA)
C: Errol Gulden (SYD) | Marcus Bontempelli (WB) | Massimo D’Ambrosio (HAW)
HF: Harry Sheezel (NM) | Jeremy Cameron (GEE) | Chad Warner (SYD)
F: Tyson Stengle (GEE) | Jesse Hogan (GWS) | Dylan Moore (HAW)
FOL: Max Gawn (MEL) | Isaac Heeney (SYD) | Patrick Cripps (CAR)
I/C: Nick Daicos (COL) | Adam Treloar (WB) | Hayden Young (FRE) | Zach Merrett (ESS)

I know its one persons view, but I should brace myself for a months time.

A couple of points; what is the media's infatuation with the likes of Jack Sinclair at the Saints and Zac Merrett? I've since the Saints play about 7-8 games this year and he's barely done anything - compared to say Zorko.

Merrett again getting a nod over Lachie Neale who again misses out to the likes of Cripps, Bont, Naicos and now Sheezel.

I mean Sheezel; c'mon, DÁmbrosio, c'mon, even Houston this year hasn't been as good as last year. I'll vomit if the likes of Sheezel, DÁmbrosio and Houston, Sinclair, Merrett and the like are all named.

This is what shits me with the AA team and having no Queenesland rep is that the mentalities of the King I think is representative of the panel. I mean even Chad Warner's form has fallen off a cliff and again Max Gawn; how many games has he missed. I'm not pushing O by any means, but there have been far better rucks.

I know its one persons view, but I should brace myself for a months time.

A couple of points; what is the media's infatuation with the likes of Jack Sinclair at the Saints and Zac Merrett? I've since the Saints play about 7-8 games this year and he's barely done anything - compared to say Zorko.

Merrett again getting a nod over Lachie Neale who again misses out to the likes of Cripps, Bont, Naicos and now Sheezel.

I mean Sheezel; c'mon, DÁmbrosio, c'mon, even Houston this year hasn't been as good as last year. I'll vomit if the likes of Sheezel, DÁmbrosio and Houston, Sinclair, Merrett and the like are all named.

This is what shits me with the AA team and having no Queenesland rep is that the mentalities of the King I think is representative of the panel. I mean even Chad Warner's form has fallen off a cliff and again Max Gawn; how many games has he missed. I'm not pushing O by any means, but there have been far better rucks.

Agree, Zorko should be a dead set lock for AA.

Nick Daicos has been well down since their bye, he will get a lot of slack though because he is a media golden boy. Long term prediction, they love him that much he will end up with 10+ AA jackets IMO.

I haven't watched much Eagles footy but has McGovern been AA level good? Not sure how much footy Sam Taylor has missed but he and Harris are the 2 best KPD in the game.

Taylor missed too much footy. McGovern has been very good and I'd say the best three key defenders have been Harris, Weitering and McGovern. Could easily go those three straight in.

Rest of that team:
  • Sinclair is a surprise not sure he's at the same level this year.
  • Doubt they go 2 wingers and suspect D’Ambrosio misses and they throw Merritt on the wing again
  • Young is a surprise and I reckon Neale gets that spot
  • Only naming two tall forwards is unlikely. Not sure how often they have gone two talls and only 1 ruck. So another likely misses

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back