Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny how a month ago Zac Merret was the best captain in the league and this week Essendon have leadership issues

Unfortunately the AA panel is full of morons like King
The official 2024 All-Australian selection panel comprises of: Andrew Dillon (Chair), Eddie Betts, Jude Bolton, Nathan Buckley, Kane Cornes, Abbey Holmes, Glen Jakovich, Matthew Pavlich, Laura Kane and Josh Mahoney.

The official 2024 All-Australian selection panel comprises of: Andrew Dillon (Chair), Eddie Betts, Jude Bolton, Nathan Buckley, Kane Cornes, Abbey Holmes, Glen Jakovich, Matthew Pavlich, Laura Kane and Josh Mahoney.

Jakovich is so ****ing stupid he probably needs his fingers and toes to count to 20

Jakovich is so ****ing stupid he probably needs his fingers and toes to count to 20
Do you recall a Bears game against Eagles? Jerry Lewis was our number one ticket holder ( or something) Must have been doing a show on the Gold Coast. Did the coin toss and as he was leaving the ground Jakovich thump past him. Lewis followed him doing an ape walk for about ten meters. Great tv.

Iirc Champs played on Jakovich that day and clearly beat him.

But as you say over his career Jakovich was one of the best.

Ps for younger followers google Martin and Lewis

think our players have always suffered from there being no 'queensland' afl figure on the all australian panel. cant tell me serong wasnt squeezed in last year over liberatore / neale who clearly had better years but for the fact that without his inclusion there would be no western australians on the team. pavlich and jakovich would push hard on that.

rozee in 2022 a similar story.

wonder if akermanis would be up for it and willing to fly the flag for queenslanders on the panel? still involved in footy at least on a casual basis through being a part of the ABC commentary team. much as the bloke is a bit of a knob he has a great footy brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conggrats Darcy.

Kai not good enough - probably not popular enough given this is largely decided by votes. I'd argue Kai deserved to be in over Rachelle.

They also named 4 key forwards in Amiss, JUH, Darcy and Treacy... Amiss could go out for Kai, if he was at a big Melbourne club who would have a lot more voters he would be in the side, has been outstanding this season.

If they named Joe on the field (will never happen I know) then technically the AA selectors have an out on the second ruck given no other KPF in that team play back up ruck.
He probably needs a bag in the last round but if he pushes into 3rd or 4th in the Coleman race you could easily argue that his ruck work pushes him into the team over King/Waterman/Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back