Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer that's James Brayshaw, he was a very handy state level cricketer for SA and WA and did play a game for Australia A.

He is certainly full of himself.
Genuinely had no idea he was a West Aussie. How are BT and him both originally from here? Then again they've both been gone for longer than they were here, so we can blame them on the Vics IMO.

I wonder if the Berry brothers are the front-runners for the 2024 Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award this year?

In previous years they've only announced 4 finalists for the award - 2023, 2022, 2021. Which, they also announced they were doing this year: Two Jim Stynes Community Leadership Awards to be presented in 2024
Nominations are currently being received from clubs before the judging panel select four finalists ahead of the Brownlow and W Awards later this year.
But today, they announce 5 finalists for the award: Finalists unveiled for the 2024 Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award
The AFL is delighted to announce the five finalists for the 2024 Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award: Reilly O'Brien, Jarrod Berry, Bailey Banfield, Thomas Berry and Harry Cunningham

Oh the irony of this - don't even bother hiding your biases "All-Australian team of Vic country players"

And then guys like Dunkley and Berry don't even make the team.....Lohmann I can understand, but still he played all games kicking 20+ gaols.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when is Edithvale or Aspendale in Vic remotely "country"?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the irony of this - don't even bother hiding your biases "All-Australian team of Vic country players"

And then guys like Dunkley and Berry don't even make the team.....Lohmann I can understand, but still he played all games kicking 20+ gaols.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when is Edithvale or Aspendale in Vic remotely "country"?

Mount Eliza, Mornington and Geelong are country Victoria?Even Torquay is a stretch

Starcevich easily makes it my view and probably Lachie as well but I guess I'm bias. Was the Hawks win anymore dominant than ours? I don't think so.
I think we took the foot off the pedal a fair bit in the last quarter so it doesnt appear as dominant.

But yeah forgot about Starc he definitely should have been in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back