Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

After recently watching the 3 peat, the one thing that stood out for me, other than our superiority, was how ruthless we were.
I realise maturity plays a big part, which is a big reason why we need to keep this current group together.I honestly believe we have the makings of a bloody good side. We can't keep getting younger. Give this group a couple years, bodies get bigger, tackles begin sticking, less skill errors, don't go to ground as much etc. All important ingredients for a successful side.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-12-10/taylor-learnt-my-lesson-

I try not to comment too much anymore on athletes who are accused of committing crimes because it's depressing how much people's opinions on these incidents are shaped by parochialism. Probably my opinions as well.

But I think the handling of Taylor's incident must be pretty close to best practice when it comes to dealing with these situations.

It didn't play out in the media extensively, there was no attempt to spin or obfuscate what had happened, he accepted responsibility and received what seems to be a reasonable penalty, and this article on the Lions' website seem to put an end to it all.

Obviously it's much easier when no one gets physically harmed, but still I think there are some positive things we can learn from what was obviously a really, really stupid and unnecessary thing to do.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-12-10/taylor-learnt-my-lesson-

I try not to comment too much anymore on athletes who are accused of committing crimes because it's depressing how much people's opinions on these incidents are shaped by parochialism. Probably my opinions as well.

But I think the handling of Taylor's incident must be pretty close to best practice when it comes to dealing with these situations.

It didn't play out in the media extensively, there was no attempt to spin or obfuscate what had happened, he accepted responsibility and received what seems to be a reasonable penalty, and this article on the Lions' website seem to put an end to it all.

Obviously it's much easier when no one gets physically harmed, but still I think there are some positive things we can learn from what was obviously a really, really stupid and unnecessary thing to do.

I think a lot of this probably has to do with Squizzy stepping forward, being open and honest and doing the right things. It's hard to fault how he's gone about it after the actual incident. No doubt he would have learnt from it.

Yes rusty08 - that's the thing that stands out to me about our premiership side, too. They were physically and mentally intimidating.

Few have said the mental side especially was something they focused on and really went out to do.

Yes rusty08 - that's the thing that stands out to me about our premiership side, too. They were physically and mentally intimidating.
hopefully we have some players that can develop that physically intimidating style of play which then translates into mental intimidation. maybe- mitch robinson, nick robertson, tom bell, dan mcstay and from reports and highlights, would say rhys matheison has a pretty ferocious attack on the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our team will get big and stronger as it gets older. They will be intimidating as they get bigger and better. Some of the physical intimidation stuff of the last Lions era is not viable any more. Voss himself has said that his famous hit on Burns would cost him 6-8 weeks these days - for better or worse. Current Hawthorn are intimidating based on skill, endurance and achievement - not because they have a team full of strong-man hard nuts particularly.

Our team will get big and stronger as it gets older. They will be intimidating as they get bigger and better. Some of the physical intimidation stuff of the last Lions era is not viable any more. Voss himself has said that his famous hit on Burns would cost him 6-8 weeks these days - for better or worse.

*Richardson ;)

Can someone refresh my memory. Who wore 15 for us between Mal Micheal and X Clarke? My mate and I were trying to remember but couldn't.

Heard the 2016 Family Day will be held at Sherwood. In which case, THEY'D BETTER HAVE THAT CANTEEN OPEN.
e5707b1763406eac365c235cd2e7cdf6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back