Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Only time the weather shits me is when i wanna go fishing. So yeah i suppose im getting old
my wife and i were chatting the other day in the car and we had one of those brain fades where we couldn't remember some ones name and our 5 year old grand daughter piped up from the back seat and said "your brains have gone to sleep". said with seriousness, we cracked up, it's sad when your grand kids sledge you.

i usually say getting old beats the alternative.

This made me laugh today, We need new ways to get people to the gabba, so maybe we could combine footy & speed dating. I've always said seeing a member of the opposite (or same :rainbow:) sex in your teams gear makes them 1000 times more attractive.

The last bit on the image (Rabbitohs v Parramatta) makes it sound like you're speed dating with the enemy.
Rabbitohs v Eels
Friday 17 June ANZ Stadium
6.30pm-7.30pm
The Crossbar, ANZ Stadium
ARE YOU GAME?!!!

Leave your inhibitions at the door, and your awkwardness at home! We invite you to encounter some like-minded League lovers, in our first event for the single Rabbitohs fan – Love & League!

Mingle with other single Rabbitohs fans at a casual speed dating event prior to the blockbuster Rabbitohs v Eels rematch at 7.50pm in the newly renovated Crossbar, Level 2 ANZ Stadium.

Don’t worry; there’ll be no awkward silences! You can talk Red & Green all night if you like! Then, when you “hear the gong…move along!” Just remember to fill in your score sheet before you leave the table!

A whole evening worth of sociable entertainment, fantastic, stimulating chats, and of course let’s not forget the fun and adrenalin of live action football!

LOVE & LEAGUE – RABBITOHS SPEED DATING

Package includes:
- Speed dating event 6.30pm – 7.30pm at The Crossbar, Eastern side ANZ Stadium including special MC and DJ
- 3 x roaming canapes
- 1 x $10 food & beverage voucher
- 1 x ticket in Rabbitohs Love & League GA Bay
- 1 x Rabbitohs flag

Rabbitohs Ticketed Members $45.00

Speed dating events are allocated to but not restricted by ages 18-29 and 30-40.
Rabbitohs fans only according to this, reasonably cheap at $45 too. Obviously not for me though I'm happily married :D

Definitely wouldn't speed date with any Eels fans anyway. If their players are druggos, hang out with crooks, and take money under the table I shudder to think what their fans will be like!

my wife and i were chatting the other day in the car and we had one of those brain fades where we couldn't remember some ones name and our 5 year old grand daughter piped up from the back seat and said "your brains have gone to sleep". said with seriousness, we cracked up, it's sad when your grand kids sledge you.

i usually say getting old beats the alternative.
My Dad is 58 years old, but thinks he's pretty fit and strong for an old fella. He ran Tough Mudder with me about a month ago, and had overtrained for it in order to attempt to be competitive. Walked in with achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, injured adductors, and a few other issues.

We ran the first 10 kms, but he ended up having to walk the second half in order to finish and still do the majority of the obstacles.

For that second half of the event I sledged the absolute shit out of him for lagging like he was, and when he complained of his injuries I countered that he should do something about that 'getting old' business. Long story short, sledging the elderly can be fun.

My Dad is 58 years old, but thinks he's pretty fit and strong for an old fella. He ran Tough Mudder with me about a month ago, and had overtrained for it in order to attempt to be competitive. Walked in with achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, injured adductors, and a few other issues.

We ran the first 10 kms, but he ended up having to walk the second half in order to finish and still do the majority of the obstacles.

For that second half of the event I sledged the absolute shit out of him for lagging like he was, and when he complained of his injuries I countered that he should do something about that 'getting old' business. Long story short, sledging the elderly can be fun.
i love the great aussie tradition of taking the mickey or sledging, the only time it becomes a problem is if the person giving it cant take it as well. i play futsal with my son and his mates and the sledging is one of the best parts of it. i occasionally get- your a sarcastic smartarse old bastard, i reply thanks.

Your poor father! Just you wait until you are his age young man, and I hope someone laughs at you, so there!!

..from an :oldwoman:

Yeah, it was, but just you frikken wait Mr Haso

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you do once you think the Lions are stressing you that much it may be affecting other areas of your life?
I've been eating a lot of cake and masturbating regularly,downside though,I'm 120kg and now wear prescription glasses.

Just checking the VAFA scores. Happy to see Fitzroy have another win and get into the four.
One of the scores caught my attention...
University Blues 2.16.28 df
St Kevins 3.9.27
Must have been an old fashioned mudpot! Remeber those days playing on the uni oval well.

It really does seem that 100 points is the benchmark for teams these days, judging by this season. This round every winner got more than 100 points, every loser got less.

This round was the fourth in a row where no game had both teams over 100 points.

The current stats after 108 games this season:

Only nine games had both teams over 100 points (our R1 game against the Eagles being one of them)

37 games had both teams below 100 points.

62 games, well more than half of all the games, had only the winning team get more that 100 points.

The statistics would say that if you get to 100 points you are probably going to win.

When we have looked our best, we have got to 100 points or quite close to it. Our only win we got more than 100 points.

We need to get to 100 points. It means about 15 goals 10 behinds in a game...

...Or the way we kick: 10 goals 40 behinds.

Have gone into 3 threads tonight where the latest page of posts is full of "jokes". Boring.

We have to laugh, otherwise we'd be crying. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back