Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Banfield's ability to play bongos and make them sound like congas shows he had underrated strength.

Took them 27 takes until he stopped dropping them.

Just a thought really. I wish we could have found an ex player to present the guernsey to Hammelman. Just seems like more for Rockliff to do when he is already under enough pressure.
On match day? In Melbourne? On the day of the HOF function? What are the chances of finding a former great or legend of the club?:cool:

On match day? In Melbourne? On the day of the HOF function? What are the chances of finding a former great or legend of the club?:cool:

Not only that. Browny was commentating the match. Could have easily got him in to fire up the lads.

Not sure where Niall is these days...

LOL. We where shit well before we ran through the ass of brion.

Maybe we should run through the mouth then linger inside to digest for a while. About half an hour until first bounce we triumphantly evacuate. It would be a transition from us playing LIKE shit to we ARE shit.

Would be beautiful and poetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a bloke who sits in my section at the Gabba who wears a long sleeve vintage repo Bears V jumper. The kind sold here. But I can only find short sleeves there. Do they sell the long sleeve Bears or Fitzroy version anywhere?

There's a bloke who sits in my section at the Gabba who wears a long sleeve vintage repo Bears V jumper. The kind sold here. But I can only find short sleeves there. Do they sell the long sleeve Bears or Fitzroy version anywhere?
Is he 40-50 with reddy blonde hair? Cant be too many of those jumpers around.

There seems to me to be subtle and not so subtle messages in a lot of club media recently that internally they are not very happy about fan backlash and criticism. It's understandable and I'm sure they are getting a lot of trolls hitting them on social media etc but hopefully they don't get too negative or dismissive of fan concerns.

A few stats I came across. Source.

One interesting statistic I saw this morning is that we have the 2nd worst Conversion For % (47.5%) in the league and the worst Conversion Against % (59.9%). The differential is 12.4% o_O We NEED to stop giving up easy turnover goals.

We average 31.5 scoring shots against per game which is also the worst in the League. To give an idea, the best is the WB at 19.

So we give up the most shots in the league at the worst conversion rate against. A very damning statistic.

Our best quarter is the 4th (ranked 15th) while we are 17, 18, 18 for the first three.

Geelong's % in 4th quarters is 252!!!

There seems to me to be subtle and not so subtle messages in a lot of club media recently that internally they are not very happy about fan backlash and criticism. It's understandable and I'm sure they are getting a lot of trolls hitting them on social media etc but hopefully they don't get too negative or dismissive of fan concerns.

Its always a hard one to balance. The club needs to realise that for fans the anger isn't just about this current tenure but all the failings of the club since 2004 really and has built up each and every year. Fans do need to realise as well that the reality is this is basically the third year of the current admin/coaching etc and it is still taking time to get the things we want in place - aka coaches, number and quality.

A few stats I came across. Source.

One interesting statistic I saw this morning is that we have the 2nd worst Conversion For % (47.5%) in the league and the worst Conversion Against % (59.9%). The differential is 12.4% o_O We NEED to stop giving up easy turnover goals.

We average 31.5 scoring shots against per game which is also the worst in the League. To give an idea, the best is the WB at 19.

So we give up the most shots in the league at the worst conversion rate against. A very damning statistic.

Our best quarter is the 4th (ranked 15th) while we are 17, 18, 18 for the first three.

Geelong's % in 4th quarters is 252!!!
Seems like we give up goals due to turning the ball over in the wrong parts of the ground. I have said since round one our defensive transition is appalling. Even when it works opposition teams still find space inside their 50 for a good look at goal.

Recent Dogs banner v Swans. Coming to Brisbane soon no doubt. Shame

CmVzfihVMAE1-LA-1_zpsxex9rkhn.jpg

Bulldogs V Tigers AFL
Bulldogs V Tigers NRL

both tonight, how bout it...
Holy shit just checked the NRL scores and both Bulldogs sides won by 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back