2nds Footscray Bulldogs VFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought at least one of them would be playing seniors this week after the forward "structure" you guys used against GWS.
Neither appear really ready - personally I'd bring in Redpath, banish Trengove from ever approaching the forwardline again (I'm sure we can find 4 handballs from somewhere else), send Wood back, consider dropping Roberts and using Trengove as the no 1 backmen with Cordy and Naughton as aerial support, and bring Caleb Daniel who is one of our best ball users.
Wallis straight swap fro Libba, type for type.

Not sure what Bevo is doing these days though, seems set on throwing players around.

bevo doesnt believe in forwards
Straight from the James Hird handbook ;).
Neither appear really ready - personally I'd bring in Redpath, banish Trengove from ever approaching the forwardline again (I'm sure we can find 4 handballs from somewhere else), send Wood back, consider dropping Roberts and using Trengove as the no 1 backmen with Cordy and Naughton as aerial support, and bring Caleb Daniel who is one of our best ball users.

Not sure what Bevo is doing these days though, seems set on throwing players around.
I think your best structure in terms of KPP would have a spine of Trengove-Roughead-Cordy in defence, English as the ruck (Really rate him) and Schache-Boyd forward. At least until Naughton gets better, he looked lost against GWS. I can't comment on pre-season form, only saw our 2 games.

Anyway, that seems like a logical choice. Will Campbell be back? Noticed in the last Match Report he was missing.

I think your best structure in terms of KPP would have a spine of Trengove-Roughead-Cordy in defence, English as the ruck (Really rate him) and Schache-Boyd forward. At least until Naughton gets better, he looked lost against GWS. I can't comment on pre-season form, only saw our 2 games.

Anyway, that seems like a logical choice. Will Campbell be back? Noticed in the last Match Report he was missing.
Campbell might be especially if Redpath is brought back in (Bevo mentioned Boyd & Schache still have work to do before promotion), he's not really in our long term plans though. Roughy and English are ahead of him, and strangely Trengove.

Naughton had a real baptism of fire but had a solid preseason and should be better this week. No backman would have looked good against a GWS midfield waltzing in under little pressure.

Campbell might be especially if Redpath is brought back in (Bevo mentioned Boyd & Schache still have work to do before promotion), he's not really in our long term plans though. Roughy and English are ahead of him, and strangely Trengove.

Naughton had a real baptism of fire but had a solid preseason and should be better this week. No backman would have looked good against a GWS midfield waltzing in under little pressure.
Makes a lot of sense. Will be a good test for the Bezerker (Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, one of our draftees) to play against a ruckman sized KPF who was either pick 1 or 2 in their respective drafts.

yes, yes, yes and yes to all

Hey fellas, I'll be heading along to WO this Saturday. Would love to catch up with anyone else that is thinking of going. I'll keep an eye out for a few players as well, anybody in particular for you guys?
I would have thought at least one of them would be playing seniors this week after the forward "structure" you guys used against GWS.
Yeah we definitely need something to happen up forward.

Look, last year we had a bloke called Jack Strangler or something like that who looked as if he had some talent up forward. Not sure what happened to him over summer - probably the usual off-season "clean-out" operation - so I imagine he'll be making his way back.

Keep an eye out for him wouldya? We could use someone who knows where the goals are.

Yeah we definitely need something to happen up forward.

Look, last year we had a bloke called Jack Strangler or something like that who looked as if he had some talent up forward. Not sure what happened to him over summer - probably the usual off-season "clean-out" operation - so I imagine he'll be making his way back.

Keep an eye out for him wouldya? We could use someone who knows where the goals are.
I'll do my best, but I'll probably be 3 or 4 pints deep by the time he's playing ;).

Vermont's Robbie McComb trying his luck with the Footscray Bulldogs in the VFL. The Dogs have also locked in Cody Henness (Gippsland Power) and Nayef Hamad (Spotswood).

McComb is scum and shame we went after him
That’s a bit harsh on a young guy having a real crack
What’s he done to you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a bit harsh on a young guy having a real crack
What’s he done to you
Geez, I just came across this comment and I agree. I played juniors and now senior footy against him and just seems like a normal young kid. Never had an issue ever. Something obviously personally happened here, very poor form and unnecessary to have a crack at him like that.

Tom Boyd had one kick in this practice match but some people on here tried to tell others he played well????????

Let me repeat that TOM BOYD HAD ONE KICK

Tom Boyd had one kick in this practice match but some people on here tried to tell others he played well????????

Let me repeat that TOM BOYD HAD ONE KICK
He had a good tap from a stoppage in the forward pocket that resulted in a goal. His one kick was a good kick, lace out to Wallis inside 50. But that was about it. He’s a loooooong way off it.

Great to see Josh Wallis named in the leadership group, expect him to have a bigger role up forward and inside midfielder.

Captains: Josh Prudden and Angus Monfries
Leadership group: Will Hayes, Liam Nash, Matthew Goodyear, Josh Wallis and Lauchlan Dalgleish

Dogs heading in with 30 listed players and 4 players on their rookie list (can be promoted throughout the VFL season)

SATURDAY, APRIL 7 SANDRINGHAM vs FOOTSCRAY (TBBO) 2.00PM
SATURDAY, APRIL 14 FOOTSCRAY vs COBURG (VUWO) 12.00PM
SATURDAY, APRIL 21 GEELONG vs FOOTSCRAY (GS) 2.00PM
BYE
SATURDAY, MAY 5 FOOTSCRAY vs RICHMOND (VUWO) 7.00PM
SATURDAY, MAY 12 PORT MELBOURNE vs FOOTSCRAY (FS) 2.10PM*
SUNDAY, MAY 20 WERRIBEE vs FOOTSCRAY (AAO) 2.00PM
SATURDAY, MAY 26 FOOTSCRAY vs COLLINGWOOD (VUWO) 11.00AM
SATURDAY, JUNE 2 FOOTSCRAY vs ESSENDON (VUWO) 7.00PM
BYE
SATURDAY, JUNE 16 COBURG vs FOOTSCRAY (PP) 2.00PM
SATURDAY, JUNE 23 FOOTSCRAY vs NORTH MELBOURNE (VENUE TBC) 3.30PM