Franks for the memories. Things don't always go well with COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both our President and Captain have said so in interviews
That's good enough proof I'd have thought

There's more to the deal than just what he's going to get paid each year. That's my point.

If he wants to go to a rubbish club like GWS or Freo, then good luck to him. We will be better off. So annoyed that he has deliberately brought this circus to our town. And why? So he can get more money and people like Sewell, Shiels and Lewis get less.

Yeah, that's obvious after Jeff Kennetts thoughts on Footy Classified
Most people are aware that his contract offer includes off field opportunities etc

But there's even more to it than that. Especially when you're dealing with a player at this time in his career. And this contract, for all intents and purposes because of the advent of free agency, means it's about post footy too; laying the infrastructure, if you like, for the post footy days.

If he wants to go to a rubbish club like GWS or Freo, then good luck to him. We will be better off. So annoyed that he has deliberately brought this circus to our town. And why? So he can get more money and people like Sewell, Shiels and Lewis get less.

Thankfully that won't happen. The club won't sell the others out just to keep one person, regardless of who he is. It would destroy team harmony, players would end up resenting him and it would be incredibly destructive.

He'll be offered what the club can offer him without jeopardising the club's future.

Ralph on 6pr now

Lyon still denying there is no interest
Ralph saying that he thinks buddy will stay at hawks but they had to run with the comments from Rosich from freo
He doesn't believe GWS is a target
The only reason freo will look is if buddy approaches them
Karl says that buddy has bought a house in freo for 2.1 mil
He then said he was going to Sydney as Goodes is retiring

So much crap floating around that I'm wishing it was October
Good old Peter bell saying that some reporters dislike of the hawks is stirring the pot to cause unrest at the hawks and trying to disrupt their season

But there's even more to it than that. Especially when you're dealing with a player at this time in his career. And this contract, for all intents and purposes because of the advent of free agency, means it's about post footy too; laying the infrastructure, if you like, for the post footy days.
Yep, with our President coming out this week saying we want to be the destination club, looking after our players during AND after footy, that's pretty much saying a contract which could be a players last will be beneficial while he's playing and once he retires. I think that's fantastic

Yep, with our President coming out this week saying we want to be the destination club, looking after our players during AND after footy, that's pretty much saying a contract which could be a players last will be beneficial while he's playing and once he retires. I think that's fantastic

It's been talked about a bit around footy how free agency, or should I say the specter of it, has brought the 'final' contract forward in the normal cycle. was an article in The Age about it a week or so. What it means, or one of the things, this whole idea of 'we'll look after you next contract for end of footy' is out the window. Whole picture, now, and in writing is the go.

If I were to speculate I'd say that perhaps the money wasn't the issue with Buddy, more the totality of the package. The depth of the thinking around what was on offer not necessarily the sheer Shekels.

What if... Buddy really does just want to wait until the end of the season before he worries about contract discussions?

The contract we're offering is likely 4-5 years, that's a long time to lock yourself in for. He's a Hawthorn listed player until at least the end of the season and that offer isn't going anywhere so in the chance that something happens throughout the year that may make him want/need to leave then it makes sense for him not to get rid of that exit opportunity.

"But what about this whole thing being a distraction and ruining our season?!". Perhaps he doesn't think it will be as big a deal as some of you do. And maybe he's wrong about that and will concede that a stable club environment while the in the hunt for a premiership is worth more to him than keeping his back up plan in tact for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ye gods, what next?

FRANKLIN FARTS!!! - Hold the front page.

Yep, the irony. Vlad not being impressed and all. Yet he's got a club injecting its player list with god knows what. Wouldn't want to damage the brand would we?

Both our President and Captain have said so in interviews
That's good enough proof I'd have thought
Perth radio . Buddy to Sydney. Then Buddy buys house in Fremantle . Do GWS want him , "well yeeeees"
All the shit I 've talked about will keep going. Sign up or say your leaving , or Box Hill Buddy , what a way to behave decisions are easy if you want the dough just say and go.

Perth radio . Buddy to Sydney. Then Buddy buys house in Fremantle . Do GWS want him , "well yeeeees"
All the shit I 've talked about will keep going. Sign up or say your leaving , or Box Hill Buddy , what a way to behave decisions are easy if you want the dough just say and go.

Buddy 'aint going anywhere.

Just another buddy day in paradise isn't it - the speculation will continue and us hawk supporters are just going to have to wear it or stop reading and listening to the media altogether. Today we had 1/2 dozen different stories about buddy and very little about the so called Kennet's curse - that's a good thing - right

Buddy 'aint going anywhere.
I really want to believe that, but until he signs with us I can't be confident
I'll just back the Club in, that Hawthorn can provide what's best for Bud, and he realizes this and signs sooner rather than later
I'm sure he knows just how good a Club we are! :thumbsu:

Theory:

Buddy was all for re-signing at the end of last year and this situation never even looked on the radar. Suddenly, in the space of a few months the ball park changes and contract talks are off to everyone’s (apparently) surprise. There is one thing that stands out as being inconsistent in all this…

What has happened in that timeframe?
1. WSW have become a successful enterprise in the West of Sydney and drawing bumper crowds
2. GWS pulled out of the Tippett deal saying they didn’t want to pay over the odds for him.
3. Hawthorn loose a premiership opportunity
4. Free agency comes under scrutiny that only the “big” club will lure the top players.
5. Obvious unrest between management and Young post GF (deserved imo)
6. GWS salary cap space rumours get out they can better Hawthorn offer
7. Vlad comes out and mentions the “Franchise Player” clause – basically saying to GWS you submit the paperwork and we will look at it (favourably imo)
8. The media shy Buddy calls a press conference to publicly announce he is putting contract talks on hold.

The big Question: Why would someone who is so media shy come out and publicly draw attention to himself? Why wouldn’t he just pretend all is well and let the public work it out that the hasn’t signed yet? And In light of recent allegations, this would have been the smarter option as no one would be thinking of this at the moment.

So the conspiracy in all this….… the AFL arranged the press conference, told Buddy he had to attend (let’s face it, they are the only ones who really control anything/anyone anyways) so that it was out there in the public forum allowing the AFL and GWS to have their public “lets get it out there scenario about the Franchise Player clause” and then it will give the public 12 months to get use to the idea and GWS to get their ducks in a row without anyone being accused of closed door discussions.
The AFL need Buddy at GWS because as it stands right now, the AFL are third in that area behind Soccer and Rugby. They have spent $200m to get this club up and running and it is not looking viable at the moment.

Buddy is not comfortable in press conferences or media situations… so why would he subject himself to that if he didn’t have to… and he didn’t have to because no one was talking about it until he opened the worm can.

Received this e-mail yesterday from a colleague.
For a conspiracy theory it's very methodical and seems plausible.

Just Sheeds being the perenial, Hawthorn hating f*cktard that he is. He is always shooting his trap to get attention and to bring un -wanted attention to others. Sheeds, the kid everyone loves to hate.

Sheeds loves to be in the spotlight, and what better way than to mention Buddy's name. He was never interested in trying to get Tippett and he knows he's not going to get Franklin. I'd take every word that comes out of his mouth with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back