Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we don’t get sent there again next year - we need to be more vocal (as a club) about being sent everywhere else but the MCG
Club should be adamant we flat out aren't going there next year

No shit we wouldve won with Darcy and Pearce. They had outs too. Cant use that as an excuse.
I want to smash my tv like everyone else but does anyone seriously think we are a genuine top 2 team yet?
We did look very timid at the end with 5 minutes to go. Shouldve taken the game on then instead of pussy footing around.
I think we're a top four team when Darcy plays

It won't help people's melts but I don't think it was part of the plan.

JLo clearly said at half time that we weren't giving the forwards enough of a chance and that we went into our shell. Third quarter we responded. In the last quarter we didn't.

I am bloody sick of ump inspired momentum though. I feel all the dodgy calls went against us for a 5 min period (no OOB call, no throw called etc...) and we couldn't get back from that.
That boundary umps call was a real mind blower. Could not have been any clearer. Real greasy palms stuff.

Also we had 4.6 from our first 10 inside 50s in the third. And they were all gettable shots. Should have really capitalised on that dominance early.
That's where we lost the game, plain and simple. Clearly spent some tickets in the midfield at this point and needed to get the pressure on the scoreboard. Different game if they start having to chase it.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just as absolute head scratcher, been dominating at Peel - was the literal reasons we were first to the ball every time in 2022. Whatever defecits he has would be ironed out by having a consistent patch of games in the 1s.

He went two Tassie and didn’t play?

Peel are missing him today

Even though we weren't playing out best, still felt we could roll over the top of them.. when we should of went to pump the gas we rolled back instead

Feels like Walters will be an easier dropping sooner or later than the real hard call that's to be made on Fyfe. Great he could tag Heeney but I'm starting to be pretty positive Brodie would offer more.

Fyfe is literally scared to kick it
Said it early in the thread. He was defensively so bad today. Given that what has apparently marked Brodie’s card its head scratching stuff from the match committee and concerning given he’s got another year on his contract.

After last year I was hopeful of a bounce but never expected top 4, so except for the Derby, which I fully melted over, Im ok with the direction we are going but some tough calls need to be made and a few missing pieces filled(Warner) for us to be seriously contending.

This feels like the rant thread.

I swear, I don’t know why I follow footy and hang out with all of you - we’re all angry when we’re shit and rebuilding, but we all still lose our shit when the year is going well for the most part.

Tempted to Marie Kondo footy out of my life - when is it supposed to bring joy? 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, especially with this bit.

Can we put to bed the idea we should trade our draft picks now?

Need to hit the draft and finish the rebuild.

Re this being your response to the team not quite being there yet.

One could just as easily say -

Can we put to bed the idea of using all our draft picks now?

Need to trade in some A level talent and finish the rebuild

Feels like Walters will be an easier dropping sooner or later than the real hard call that's to be made on Fyfe. Great he could tag Heeney but I'm starting to be pretty positive Brodie would offer more.

I feel like every time he's played one where we're ready to put the pen through him hes responded. But gee, next week..

The chaos balls out of congestion are fine as they're at least unpredictable to all. The five metre sideways by foot that missed the target..

Wasn't much in that. Midfield fought hard, got the edge at times but was beaten when it counted in the last quarter, opposition led by Meek and Day.

Just some critical errors late and during the game. eg: Fyfe losing possession with that errant kick to Cox. Failing to kill that ball that Sicily marked near the goal line, Voss giving away a 50m - on top of some missed set shot conversion from a handful of players. We dominated the first half of the third quarter but I think our score went from 4:2 to 5:8.

Last edited:
Hey guys Hawks supporter - excuse the intrusion I know it's always a bit sensitive after a loss.

I know you guys don't see it as much but I thought you were super impressive today, you controlled large portions of the game, moved the ball well and seriously out marked us (very frustrating).

Apart from getting touched up by Geelong at their postage stamp sized ground that's the most trouble we've had for 2 months, somehow we found a way though.

FWIW I don't reckon you guys should have to travel to Tassie either. Tassie games are always 'a bit s*it' (exposed ground etc) so take that into account when you're analyzing the game.

We need to start planning for what a post-Fyfe midfield looks like. I think we currently have three options to take his spot: Brodie, Johnson and Jackson. Jackson would be a very hard match up but idk if the coaches would give it a go. Johnson didn't exactly put his hand up to take that role either today and Brodie isn't favoured by the coach. Maybe getting Warner would free up Young to play more midfield time?

Hey guys Hawks supporter - excuse the intrusion I know it's always a bit sensitive after a loss.

I know you guys don't see it as much but I thought you were super impressive today, you controlled large portions of the game, moved the ball well and seriously out marked us (very frustrating).

Apart from getting touched up by Geelong at their postage stamp sized ground that's the most trouble we've had for 2 months, somehow we found a way though.

FWIW I don't reckon you guys should have to travel to Tassie either. Tassie games are always 'a bit s*it' (exposed ground etc) so take that into account when you're analyzing the game.
With respect, appreciate the compliment but if our forwards didn’t have the yips we would have pulled away at 3/4 time.

Your mids wanted it more and ours were way down, although your boys prob had a bit to do shutting them down - and yet we still generated more scoring shots .

So yes, you found a way through, I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back