News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor fits our needs. He can be positioned and repositioned to suit. He measures up against anyone.

How many more can I fit in! Get Harry, then think about Watts.
Watts if cheap may fill our needs. Just needs to be examined by medicos to see if he has, or can have a heart. Has the skills but as stated the gap between his best and worst is too far atm. Johnno was a little bit like that too, would be happy if we could match that with Watts.

Watts if cheap may fill our needs. Just needs to be examined by medicos to see if he has, or can have a heart. Has the skills but as stated the gap between his best and worst is too far atm. Johnno was a little bit like that too, would be happy if we could match that with Watts.

Johnos a great example,slated on here for years as complacent and pea hearted,look what Ross has done to his mojo

We do not need a key defender now or in the next 2 years.
Taylor is surplus to our needs.
I believe Mcpharlin is a better forward than Taylor, he has more speed off the mark so can take marks out on the lead and is also a better contested mark than Taylor.

You do realise that McPharlin is 32 next year? The end can come on quite quickly when player hit that age and it's not like the blokes has never been injured..

Also he only had much success as a forward when swung there at some stage in the game as a pinch hitter, when they tried to start him up there he got towled up. Poor kick for goal also.

You've got me a little antsy with that comment Para.

So please watch the Melbourne v GWS game from earlier this year, if you can bare it, and then get back to me.

Drawing conclusions based on small or single samples is a bit unscientific. After Stephen Hill had played his 59th game what would people on here have said if I think we should be having a good look at his game against North at docklands in '10 when his tagger got 39 touches and he got 4 to gauge his true worth? Maybe Clay would have agreed, but who would have cared what he thought about it*? None of us, I imagine, have seen more than a small fraction of Watts 59 matches and probably shouldn't be prepared to commit ourselves either way, particularly given the hyper scrutiny he gets as the public face of Melbourne’s failures.
Reiterating my personal view based on the limited amount I have seen; he probably isn't going to amount to much chop since he doesn't really seem to want the footy. So I suppose we at least semi agree. I more strongly feel at the same time though that there are many people who are better qualified to judges who may disagree, some of whom may happen to be amongst out recruiters.
It wasn't aimed at you anyway so de-anstyfy bro..

*Or anything, ever.

It was an example Para. And the most recent display of his squibbishness.

I don't know how much footy you actually watch, but I get through 5-6 matches on average a week. (Yes, I know:( ).

And on numerous occasions over the years I have witnessed the same thing from him.

I think that you are dressing up a lot of horse manure in nebulous psycho babble personally.;)

P.S. I'm a qualified scientist.

You do realise that McPharlin is 32 next year? The end can come on quite quickly when player hit that age and it's not like the blokes has never been injured..

Also he only had much success as a forward when swung there at some stage in the game as a pinch hitter, when they tried to start him up there he got towled up. Poor kick for goal also.

Isnt that what Peter Faulks is for?

It was an example Para. And the most recent display of his squibbishness.

I don't know how much footy you actually watch, but I get through 5-6 matches on average a week. (Yes, I know:( ).

And on numerous occasions over the years I have witnessed the same thing from him.

I think that you are dressing up a lot of horse manure in nebulous psycho babble personally.;)

P.S. I'm a qualified scientist.

As it happens so am I. In any case I still think I'm right that people in this thread are writing him off despite not ever having seen him play. Obviously excepting your good self here.

Taylor easily a better player.
As i said though he does not fit our needs.
Say we got Taylor he does not fix our problem, he strengthens where we are already strong.
Our defense is good enough to hold up against any team, making it even stronger doesnt help put match winning scores on the board.
Dont waste money on wants when there is other things that are needed.

We still need a damn forward.
We are 1 more half decent key forward away from being the best team in the comp.

Taylor is a better forward than Watts right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for trying to get Taylor and I know you have to give quality to get quality but really from the perspective of buy low sell high (like the Swans do) Watts is a better choice. Taylor is excellent, an amazing player - but look at our history and what we've paid for great KPP's. On the other hand, Watts would cost a lot less and I'd back our coaching and development team's ability to turn him into at least a serviceable lead up CHF.

Meltank played a 70kg 18 yo #1 draft pick as a key forward and he didn't kick 100 goals on the league's best defenders in his first season, with some of the worst delivery seen in AFL history, from some of the most average players in AFL history. Yep, definitely a pea heart.

He wouldn't have been put on the field by most teams bar GC and GWS and sent straight to the gym.

Our 2nd round pick plus a decent young player surplus to our needs is all i would want to give up.

If Geelong was happy with that deal for Taylor and Melbourne was happy with that deal for Watts.
I would take Watts.

You did not just say that! :eek:

Did he just say that? :confused:

No, he couldn't possibly have just said that...

Meltank played a 70kg 18 yo #1 draft pick as a key forward and he didn't kick 100 goals on the league's best defenders in his first season, with some of the worst delivery seen in AFL history, from some of the most average players in AFL history. Yep, definitely a pea heart.

He wouldn't have been put on the field by most teams bar GC and GWS and sent straight to the gym.

Because he hasn't kicked goals is not the reason that he is a pea-heart and you know it.
You did not just say that! :eek:

Did he just say that? :confused:

No, he couldn't possibly have just said that...

I'm tipping that coulda was milkman.;)

Our 2nd round pick plus a decent young player surplus to our needs is all i would want to give up.

If Geelong was happy with that deal for Taylor and Melbourne was happy with that deal for Watts.
I would take Watts.

I could spend the next 10 hours watching conspiracy theory videos and Westboro Church protests and your quote would still be the craziest thing I would see all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back