Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I tipped Sydney. To celebrate my error I have penned a song, destined to be a hit.

Sung gaily to the tune of Jingle Bells:

I was wrong, I was wrong, I was f***g wrong,
Hey!
I was wrong, I was wrong, I was f***g wrong.

I tipped Sydney. To celebrate my error I have penned a song, destined to be a hit.

Sung gaily to the tune of Jingle Bells:

Hey!
I was wrong, I was wrong, I was f***g wrong.
You and almost everyone else. Pretty sure on the AFL tipping site only like 7% tipped us.

You and almost everyone else. Pretty sure on the AFL tipping site only like 7% tipped us.

It was 98% - 2%. I didn’t tip us either, and I like tipping us on a nice underdog game, like v Melbourne which was also 90% against.

This just looked overwhelming with our outs and kids playing at KPD posts against a full strength Sydney side at home that hasn’t shown much weaknesses at all.

Just makes this win all the better

Watched the replay.
That first half was just breathtaking but the third was gutsy af despite us losing that third quarter.
I don’t think anyone played bad, ok Davies was a bit lost at times and that clanger was annoying but I wouldn’t say he had a shocker per se, certainly not for a second game player. I suppose you have to take into account the lack of experience in a game against, so far, the best team in the competition and assess accordingly. He’ll be better for the experience and learn from it.

In saying that, we do need Cox back sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The transformation Sturt has had on our forwardline is scarcely believable. That and resting a mid forward. We look so dangerous up front now
Sam Sturt has won most fans over. He is slowly justifying freos reasons why we chose him at pick 18 in that 2018 draft.

Some thought he wasn't gonna make it due to lack of chances or injuries or both.

If he is out of contract, hand him a 2 year extension and out of contact in his 8th year as a free agent

Credit to Swans coaching staff, I notice they adjust plan in game to counter whatever gets thrown at them.

i honestly would still be approaching umps for a few please explains after that 2nd half. Thought we got a couple of cheapies h1 then the umps drastically overcorrected h2.

Outstanding win.

I think my call in the changes thread for Fyfe to play on Heeney & Sharp on Gulden looks pretty solid now 😊

Not so good was the one for Hughes to play over Draper, that was gutsy selection & kudos to the match committee!

Thinking about Sturt & I reckon he still has a lot more upside. His confidence in his kicking was down early & he was rattled by the run too far call & missed the subsequent set shot. I think when he’s really embedded as a best 22 player & comfortable he could really be a match winner. He’s close now but could be even better. He’s got real star quality.

Sydney’s the best side in the league, pretty much full strength, at home, and the Dockers defence is seriously understrength.

Oh well 😂🥳

So sick of this Freo hasn’t beaten a top 8 side BS. The narrative pre-Melbourne was “can Melbourne cement a spot in the top 4?”. Last time I checked…. top 4 was in the top 8?
Some thoughts:
  • Jackson looked like he was having fun again. Love that
  • Sam Sturt looks like the penny has dropped, and he’s worked out that he is an AFL player
  • Amiss’ run-up looked much much better, and he was useful around the ground
  • Treacy earned a close defender but man, he loves to have impact. Literally. I love the irony of him getting a free kick for a dangerous tackle on him 😂
  • Brayshaw is getting back to his best
  • Fyfe as a tagger? Well, ok, onya big fella!!
  • Can’t criticise Davies’ effort, but crikey, that turnover from a free was awful. Cannot kick to the opposition hot spot as a defender. Really liked his effort tho, made the game not much fun for his opponent
  • Darcy looks like he’s enjoying footy again. 💪
  • Johnson is an AFL player
  • Apparently Draper needed a couple of chill-out games in the WAFL!
  • Bit of a less-good game for Young?
  • Love how Grundy wears a red scrunchie to go with his uniform!
  • Nick Blakey was excellent
  • Logan McDonald evidently had an off game, but I don’t think he fills a need for the club
  • I have no idea what holding the ball is, and is there still a free kick for in the back?
  • I do not understand how a tackle can be high if the tackled player slips over as the tackler arrives. What’s the tackler meant to do? Also fall over by chance?
Geez, by the look on Cam Mooney’s face, he really enjoyed that. Couldn’t grin any wider without injuring his facial muscles!!

I'm surprised the Swans fans are so annoyed. Still odds on to finish top and host a QF. Game is likely immaterial to their season on its own.
2 games clear on top, if Carlton wins tomorrow.
They’ll be red hot and fired up for the rest of the season.
The old adage of ‘the loss they had to have’ I guess.

Fremantle will be the hunted now though, so the players need to step it up and be ready for the pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back