Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got done watching the game and holy **** was that incredible. I thought for sure Logan was going to at least tie it up at the end there. I'd be celebrating with a bourbon but it's 8am here and my bride frowns upon morning drinking...not sure why... šŸ˜

Some good:
  • Obviously Draper. What can you say? How is he only 19 years old and now 13 games into his career. He's gonna be a docker for a loooooong time.
  • The forward mix. Treacy with 2, Sturt with 3, Amiss with 3 and Dogga with 1. Our pressure i50 was solid (not elite though) and getting the mids more time (especially Young) up forward has been a brilliant coaching move. Honestly, we haven't seemed to miss Sonny as much as I expected in the forward line the last couple games.
  • Our contest work. We smashed them in clearances. We were the best team in clearance differential going into the game (which of course no commentator mentioned) and coming away with a 42-32 win will only help it.
  • Roles. JLo has been preaching roles for years and it's now starting to click for the entire team. They know what they're supposed to do and where to be. This is partly why were able to beat the best team in the comp when our skipper and best key defender was out. The decision making is instant because they already know where they're going with the ball. We can flick the footy around with the best teams in the comp. Team defense. Team offense. Team stoppage work.
  • Darcy. Someone else pointed this out, but he's got on top of Gawn and Grundey. Naturally, he will be the talk of Victoria media this week. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
  • How good does this look???!!!!

View attachment 2034414

Some bad:
  • I'm not going to bag on Davies, but he clearly isn't ready to compete at the level of this kind of game...yet. On the flip side, I was saying to my wife that he needed to be subbed and within 5 minutes Aishy was in. Great move by JL.
  • Some of our contest work at the end. How does Blakey run through the stoppage unhindered to snag the ball perfectly out of the air before hitting McDonald at the end? How was there not a body on him? You can see THREE swans uncovered here. Everybody's pointing during that last stoppage but no one is marking up. I don't know crap about footy tactics, but this doesn't look right.

View attachment 2034416
- FFS can someone stick a sock in Lyon's mouth? The guy brings NOTHING to the game. He just gives his opinion and states the obvious over and over and over. Zero analysis. "Gee, the Swans are getting beat in the contest" Duh. "Fremantle need to win this stoppage". No s***, sherlock. I actually don't seem to mind Jack Reiwoldt. He has some interesting things to say and doesn't bang on and on like a guy with verbal diarrhea ala Lyon.

Anyway, this was a great way to start my Saturday morning! I was optimistic going in, but not confident. We are watching the youngest team in the comp (this week) grow before our eyes. Hang on, Freo brothers and sisters. Sh**s getting real.

Go Freo!

fans foreverfreo GIF by Fremantle Dockers
Lyon was putrid

I tipped Sydney. To celebrate my error I have penned a song, destined to be a hit.

Sung gaily to the tune of Jingle Bells:

I was wrong, I was wrong, I was f***g wrong,
Hey!
I was wrong, I was wrong, I was f***g wrong.
pretty groovy :laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The HTB rule is a joke now but I don't think I have seen Hayden Young get caught three times in a game before as he normally finds time and space.

Still a serviceable game from him though.

The HTB rule is a joke now but I don't think I have seen Hayden Young get caught three times in a game before as he normally finds time and space.

Still a serviceable game from him though.
At least 2 were horseshit. The one when he wheeled out, ball knocked out, then recovered was nuts. No idea how it was HtB.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think I watched a different game to others

Umpiring was bad for both teams , free kicks errors both ways

The commentators were great praising us when we kicked away in firs half . Praising fyfes tagging roll . Praising Darcy work in ruck

The commentators expected Sydney to come back and they did . The swans best players lifted and we geve them too much space in second half

At end of game the commentators said was frei showing they were the real thing

Loved the game , the team as a whole won the game

Saw no bias from umpires , no bad commentators

Loved it well done Justin great coaching to make it work

I think the team hasn't hit their ceiling yet. Lots of improvement left, but it is very exciting to see our team play such high quality football.
Geez if Sturt can kick 2 or 3 goals a week we look like a different team. We have Cox to add to the group playing today too.. Fyfe as a tagger, Young as a mid who rests forward are two moves that look like winners to me.

I think I watched a different game to others

Umpiring was bad for both teams , free kicks errors both ways

The commentators were great praising us when we kicked away in firs half . Praising fyfes tagging roll . Praising Darcy work in ruck

The commentators expected Sydney to come back and they did . The swans best players lifted and we geve them too much space in second half

At end of game the commentators said was frei showing they were the real thing

Loved the game , the team as a whole won the game

Saw no bias from umpires , no bad commentators

Loved it well done Justin great coaching to make it work
yes, 17 frees to 9 sounds so fair

watched the game again and it was a joke that we were robbed of so many htbs, throwing, pushing, trips and chopping

sure they stuffed up for both sides, but favoured Sydney by a mile

Not sure if it's been said before but Sturt gives me Jack Gunston vibes (selectively ignoring the GF)

Good size, reliable kick, good in the air, just a hell of a lot quicker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back