Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to disagree. Kositchitzke kicked one goal for the game from a turnover by Dave Mundy in the middle of the ground. Thought Alex played well.
I haven't watched the replay so these were just my thoughts from the ground. He seemed to be late to a lot of contests. I'll watch the replay and reassess.

Mundy.... yeah, definitely not his best.

Sean Darcy was talking with umpire Matthew Nicholls after the game. Shaking his head and putting his arms out. You could tell Darcy was pissed off at his treatment in the ruck duels too. Should have had PLENTY of frees.
Nicholls is a bald-headed cheat and a flog to boot!

Nicholls is a bald-headed cheat and a flog to boot!
The treatment on Darcy was horrible.

The hawks rucks took theirs eyes off the ball and run into Darcy every single time.

The more I think about it the more the umpires affected this result.

AFL are pretty corrupt organisation.

We got beaten in the middle because of the illegal tactics in the ruck.

The hawks had more deeper centre clearance which allow them to set up behind the ball and put more forward pressure.

Last edited:
You guys notice this??? Photos of umpires/their names and numbers on the door for everyone to see. This has to be about remembering their names and showing respect when talking to them.

dd5c7a6e9a7cbc51fc58a47d34c995e9.jpg

I remember Ballas give an interview (I think it was Will Schofield’s podcast Backchat) and he said something about under Ross the players were very rude to the umpires and it cost them a few costly decisions in the finals.

Small details matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look more like wanted posters.

Like ‘bald headed flog’ - bounty is a Freddy 6 pack to anyone who can call him a knob and get away with it.

The treatment on Darcy was horrible.

The hawks rucks took theirs eyes off the ball and run into Darcy every single time.

The more I like about it the more the umpires affected this result.

AFL are pretty corrupt organisation.

We got beaten in the middle because of the illegal tactics in the ruck.

The hawks had more deeper centre clearance which allow them to set up behind the ball and put more forward pressure.
Yep, and until umpires are full-time professionals, it will remain this way. Oh, and it would help if we didn't have umpires who supported certain teams in their personal lives - it's just laughable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys notice this??? Photos of umpires/their names and numbers on the door for everyone to see. This has to be about remembering their names and showing respect when talking to them.

dd5c7a6e9a7cbc51fc58a47d34c995e9.jpg

I remember Ballas give an interview (I think it was Will Schofield’s podcast Backchat) and he said something about under Ross the players were very rude to the umpires and it cost them a few costly decisions in the finals.

Small details matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 PF turned around in the 1st quarter after a FK reversal from memory

I thought Logue changed his approach this week. The last 2 weeks against May and Andrews, he played a defensive forward role to stop their intercept abilities. He seemed to play a regular forward role allowing Sicily to intercept.
Yep did not like much of griff game honestly. Looked like a defender playing forward and not in a good way.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the biased commentary on Fox. Gary Lyon is a disgrace those Vics can’t stand West Aussie teams.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was weird because Lyon was actually very partial when we played his team but yesterday I agree, he was very biased and at times quite scathing of us.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the biased commentary on Fox. Gary Lyon is a disgrace those Vics can’t stand West Aussie teams.

I thought the commentary was pretty good. Buckly is very knowledgeable and both he and Gary Lyon have spoken very highly of Freo this season.
I enjoyed the commentary.

2015 PF turned around in the 1st quarter after a FK reversal from memory

When a player dived at Barlow's legs, took him out and was awarded a high free kick instead of Barlow having a shot from 30m out and the ball ran right down the other end for a goal.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

What I don’t understand is that WA home games should be commented by West Aussies especially games on Foxtel.

I turn off the noise when watching AFL.

Generally the commenters hasn’t kept up the game, don’t do their research and most of the time want a certain team to win.

What I don’t understand is that WA home games should be commented by West Aussies especially games on Foxtel.

I turn off the noise when watching AFL.

Generally the commenters hasn’t kept up the game, don’t do their research and most of the time want a certain team to win.
Half the commentary team was WA yesterday.

Adam Papalia is WA.

Pav is now as well.

Half the commentary team was WA yesterday.

Adam Papalia is WA.

Pav is now as well.

Papalia is pretty good imo. Sometimes the others talk too much instead of letting him commentate.

For example the game was being contested with some hard ball gets in the middle and Gary wanted to talk about what Sam Frost did previously. What Frost did wasn't even special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back