Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

When a player dived at Barlow's legs, took him out and was awarded a high free kick instead of Barlow having a shot from 30m out and the ball ran right down the other end for a goal.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.
The one that pissed me off a lot was when some bloke ran straight into ballas (who was standing still) and they played a FK against him...

The one that pissed me off a lot was when some bloke ran straight into ballas (who was standing still) and they played a FK against him...
"Good job getting on top of that Ballantyne stuff guys" - over the umpire radio right after it

Never forget.

Far enough, but Fyfe starting in there over him on this occasion sent the wrong message I reckon.
Brodie has had a fantastic half a season but Fyfe when fit and firing is amongst the best handful of players in the comp, whatever the coaches think is the best approach the get him back there for the pointy end of the season takes complete priority.

Papalia is pretty good imo. Sometimes the others talk too much instead of letting him commentate.

For example the game was being contested with some hard ball gets in the middle and Gary wanted to talk about what Sam Frost did previously. What Frost did wasn't even special.
That’s the point, majority comments were coming Buckley and Gary.

Because nobody else should have to.... Here is the first bounce setups for our games so far:

Adelaide - Meek, Brayshaw, Mundy, Serong
St Kilda - Meek, Serong, Brayshaw, Switkowski
West Coast - Meek, Brayshaw, Brodie, O'Driscoll
GWS - Darcy, Brodie, Aish, Brayshaw
Essendon - Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie
Carlton - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Geelong - Meek, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
North - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Suns - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Pies - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Melbourne - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Lions - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Mundy
Hawks - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe

Because nobody else should have to.... Here is the first bounce setups for our games so far:

Adelaide - Meek, Brayshaw, Mundy, Serong
St Kilda - Meek, Serong, Brayshaw, Switkowski
West Coast - Meek, Brayshaw, Brodie, O'Driscoll
GWS - Darcy, Brodie, Aish, Brayshaw
Essendon - Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie
Carlton - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Geelong - Meek, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
North - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Suns - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Pies - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Melbourne - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie
Lions - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Mundy
Hawks - Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe
Obviously the darcy serong brayshaw brodie seems to be the preference. Not sure why they've started him on the bench in the past couple weeks. Should definitely be in there over mundy and fyfe

Obviously the darcy serong brayshaw brodie seems to be the preference. Not sure why they've started him on the bench in the past couple weeks. Should definitely be in there over mundy and fyfe

He hasn't played this many AFL games ever, when JL talks about players playing sore - Brodie I expect to be one of them. He needs to spend a few days on the massage table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to disagree. Kositchitzke kicked one goal for the game from a turnover by Dave Mundy in the middle of the ground. Thought Alex played well.
From memory you have a personal interest in Alex? For the record I agree with you, thought he was very good again. Looks awkward at times, particularly when the ground is slippery, but rarely gets a bag kicked on him.

I actually thought that despite his mistakes Logue still looked good. He has an amazing ability to compete as a small when the ball hits the ground (his pressure is terrific) and as a tall when the balls in the air. He definitely showed some forward inexperience that game but he's providing a lot each week IMO

Anyone reminded of GF 2013 with Matthew Nichols umpiring?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Look no further than Sirengate for Nicholls howlers and absolute disdain for Freo.
Tried everything in and out of the book to win the game for that Saints that day…
Bloke is a total disgrace to umpires….
Worse than Margetts and that’s say’s a lot

I actually thought that despite his mistakes Logue still looked good. He has an amazing ability to compete as a small when the ball hits the ground (his pressure is terrific) and as a tall when the balls in the air. He definitely showed some forward inexperience that game but he's providing a lot each week IMO
Agree that he does enough on ground level that he is a potential weapon to have in the fwd half. Also agree with others that yesterday it looked a lot like he was playing as an actual forward and not a defensive forward which I think gave Sicily the edge on him.
He is so committed to attacking the ball at 100% he ran under it a few times and was a big reason we couldn't get the ball to ground in the first half.
His follow up work on the ground is great and him and Lobb both started getting their hands on it in the second half which gave our smalls something to work with.

For those wanting Banners to be a pressure small forward you are going to be waiting a while. The bloke is 190cm with little speed, what you expect from him is wrong and you need to change your expectations of him. For me I get annoyed that his tackles get broken too easily for a man of his size and with Fyfe going forward more I think he is the obvious out for Freddy, but just like Hughes they are pretty handy players to bring in when we need.

Was surprised how little turned up.

Assuming the potential weather held a few away. I was expecting 45k+.

Nah, Hawthorn aren't the drawcard they used to be, combined with weather, combined with being a Saturday arvo. Heaps of people work on Saturdays now, along with all the ammos being played.
40k was a good turnout, especially given the club doesn't have a cheap ticket section anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo Squeak Over the Line Against Hawks - Rd 13 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back