Game Day - QF2 Adelaide vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not hanging sando based on this game BUT I will be very interested to see how he reacts next week. Winning games in the finals is a much different prospect to the home and away season and requires a different mindset. He'd have to know this from his time at Geelong, I just am not convinced he brought that mindset with him into this game, neither did the team. Let's hope that changes next week. I suspect the callinan subbing at a specific time was pre-planned but unfathomable given the context of the game at the time.

Guys, this is not a troll, but more an observation from an impartial watcher of todays game. I have never seen a crowd squeal so much for frees that are not there and then boo when they are not given as i witnessed today. I do not watch too many interstate games that don't have a Victorian team playing, but it was very noticeable today. I will have a look at tomorrows West Coast v North game and see if they are the same over there. It seemed like the crowd were doing their very best to influence the decisions.
Mate... we were five goals down in a final. We desperately needed something, anything to lift us and it became obvious that the players weren't going to be able to provide it.

A drowning man will clutch at a snake... or bellow for frees that aren't there when a game is slipping away.

Guys, this is not a troll, but more an observation from an impartial watcher of todays game. I have never seen a crowd squeal so much for frees that are not there and then boo when they are not given as i witnessed today. I do not watch too many interstate games that don't have a Victorian team playing, but it was very noticeable today. I will have a look at tomorrows West Coast v North game and see if they are the same over there. It seemed like the crowd were doing their very best to influence the decisions.

You might want to watch tonight's game as well. Either it's exactly the same as you describe, or Geelong have recruited Luke Breust this afternoon.

Bolton sniped Dangerfield, it's clear on the replay. Raised his elbow to make high contact.

what a joke, if you look at the reply, if dangerfield didnt go to ground the tackle would have been legit, but dangerfield manouvered into the arm, otherwise, it would have hit him on the chest. Only someone without rational thought would come to your conclusion.

what a joke, if you look at the reply, if dangerfield didnt go to ground the tackle would have been legit, but dangerfield manouvered into the arm, otherwise, it would have hit him on the chest. Only someone without rational thought would come to your conclusion.
So Dangerfield manouvered himself into Bolton's arm, aiming to give himself a broken cheekbone. That's your theory?

It looked like an accident and I hope Bolton gets off. Can't believe it wasn't a free though.

I'm not hanging sando based on this game BUT I will be very interested to see how he reacts next week. Winning games in the finals is a much different prospect to the home and away season and requires a different mindset. He'd have to know this from his time at Geelong, I just am not convinced he brought that mindset with him into this game, neither did the team. Let's hope that changes next week. I suspect the callinan subbing at a specific time was pre-planned but unfathomable given the context of the game at the time.

With the callinan sub decision, it's entirely possible the paperwork was already submitted before he kicked that goal.

Still, interesting decision to sub a forward when we were already struggling to kick goals...

So Dangerfield manouvered himself into Bolton's arm, aiming to give himself a broken cheekbone. That's your theory?

It looked like an accident and I hope Bolton gets off. Can't believe it wasn't a free though.

if dangerfield kept his feet, he wouldnt have got hit high. end of story, what was bolton supposed to do?

Only someone who didnt watch the game could come to your conclusion;

1.) It wasn't a tackle, it was a bump;
2.) Dangerfield didn't go to ground by himself, he went to ground because he was hit in the head by Bolton's elbow
3.) Bolton raised his elbow to make contact with Dangerfield AFTER he realized he couldn't stop Danger from getting the kick away.
4.) It was never going to hit him on the chest, he was aiming for his side.
5.) You are either a troll or an idiot. I can't tell which but I'm leaning towards the latter.

Lol at the people blaming Tippett. How about the absolute shithouse kicks/forward entries? There's a reason we have so many forward 50 entries but couldn't convert. Ball use has been shocking, all we are doing is bombing it long with Sydney's spare man right there. Heck we were bombing it in 2 vs 1 with Stiffy or Porps as our man. Terrible decision making, finals pressure is showing who has it and who hasn't.
Agree that the forward entries were crap, but Tippett clearly is gun shy of crashing the pack he has gone up one handed a couple of times in the past two games. It didnt help that we refused to man up the loose man even when it clearly cost us at least three goals.

Urgh. Its taken me a few hours to finally get on board here. Bitterly disapointed with today.

Awful goal kicking - 5.12 in a final - seriously bad for a top 2 team.

Tippett might as well have been surfing on the Gold Coast. Looked completely uninterested.

Dangerfield tried, but his skills were way down on his normal self. Same with Rory.

The dreadful break to Dan Talia's arm in the final minutes finished off our day.

So we have Freo next week. Here is hoping they "played there final" tonight against Geelong. A big lift in many areas is needed.

From tomorrow we look forward to next week and put today behind us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well all but one of you replied with something of substance so thanks for that. Itdamn obviously needs some time to get over today. At least you get an opportunity to redeem yourself next week mate.

My reply had far mor substance than your post. Not only is it naive, as every teams supporters boo the umpire whether the free is there or not, but saying 'this isn't a troll, but' is as effective as saying 'I'm not a racist, but'- and coming onto a teams board right after they've lost a QF to tell their supporters you think they are worse than any other crowd for making noise is pointless, stupid and inflammatory.

It's a final. Supporters make noise at finals. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Here is how your supporters act when they don't get the frees they want for comparison;

richmondfansscaled.gif

Crows will bounce back against Freo! Swans last month against some top teams really helped them today and the week off is a blessing. Swans 4 qrt pressure was the best all year, once they latched on they never let go (unlike V Hawks & Pies) The Crows may have had more inside 50's but thats not unusual for the Swans opponents. Sad to see Tallia out but looking forward to the Crows grinding Hawthorn into the ground...Good luck.

It was interesting to watch Fremantle strangle the Geelong fwd line while leaving their own completely open for there runners to run onto the lose ball or leaving Pav one out.

It was bloody near identical to what Sydney did to us.

It was interesting to watch Fremantle strangle the Geelong fwd line while leaving their own completely open for there runners to run onto the lose ball or leaving Pav one out.

For the first time Sanderson is under the pump...let's see what he's got.

Let's see if the selectors have the balls to drop a name player as well.

Only someone who didnt watch the game could come to your conclusion;

1.) It wasn't a tackle, it was a bump;
2.) Dangerfield didn't go to ground by himself, he went to ground because he was hit in the head by Bolton's elbow
3.) Bolton raised his elbow to make contact with Dangerfield AFTER he realized he couldn't stop Danger from getting the kick away.
4.) It was never going to hit him on the chest, he was aiming for his side.
5.) You are either a troll or an idiot. I can't tell which but I'm leaning towards the latter.

1-6). You're (ltdam) so one-eyed, you've lost all sense of seeing something as it was. By the sounds of your description it was the worst BUMP ever. Which is ridiculous. Dangerfield was on his way down before any contact. Have another look at the replay mate.

PS. I have been to a few Crows games and it is easy to get caught up with the mob mentality. For example giving Schultz the boo's when he got poked in the eye, which even Graham Cornes said the (large number of supporters who joined in on that were a disgrace). Bolton won't get get cited for it and fair enough.

1-6). You're (ltdam) so one-eyed, you've lost all sense of seeing something as it was. By the sounds of your description it was the worst BUMP ever. Which is ridiculous. Dangerfield was on his way down before any contact. Have another look at the replay mate.
Agree with this. The replay showed that he was on the way down before the contact was made. Free kick for high contact, but no way should he be cited by the MRP.

Mob
PS. I have been to a few Crows games and it is easy to get caught up with the mob mentality. For example giving Schultz the boo's when he got poked in the eye, which even Graham Cornes said the (large number of supporters who joined in on that were a disgrace). Bolton won't get get cited for it and fair enough.
Or the treatment from your mob that Trent Hentshel got when he did his knee.

Mob
Or the treatment from your mob that Trent Hentshel got when he did his knee.

I cant confirm or deny that as i seriously can't remember it, so maybe I wasn't at the game, but while we are going through the archives. I had five 50 year old men behind me that thought the Bickley hit on Wakelin was the best and fairest thing an Adelaide player had ever done. But I am going to end this line of comments as it doesn't add to the thread and it wasn't my intention (where my intention was to show that it's easy to get carried away with incidents on the field, when you're there at the game, but when you sit back, look at a replay, and admit, it wasn't what you thought).

Yep, it is the Roos-Longmire-Lyon finals formula. They play the game completely on their terms, slow down the other team's ball movement, always have numbers in the D50 and have acres of space in their own forward line.

Absorb everything the opposition can throw at them, score on the counter-attack and take their chances. Italian soccer team style.

Yep, it is the Roos-Longmire-Lyon finals formula. They play the game completely on their terms, slow down the other team's ball movement, always have numbers in the D50 and have acres of space in their own forward line.

Absorb everything the opposition can throw at them, score on the counter-attack and take their chances. Italian soccer team style.
The worry is that this game plan was implemented to combat the Bomber Thompson finals game plan.
Guess which style we are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back