Game day thread V Geelong (May contain spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played lads:thumbsu:
Kept your top4 hopes alive, uncovered a player in Smith, shut down few obnoxious Cats supporters, won me some moolah and I tipped you by 8 on footytips.com.
Winners all around :p

lordy, when the cats surge they are so hard to stop...

so happy with the win. although that 2nd half did show us that there still is a gap between us and them. we will learn a shitload out of this one.

stevens' tackle on christiansen in the centre when he was bursting away was ****ing fantastic, i breathed the biggest sigh of relief.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Two games in a row we've played some dominating football
Two games in a row we've stood strong when challenged and recovered
Two games in a row we've beaten a genuine premiership contender

We are the real deal :D:thumbsu:

Terrible second half though

Wouldn't say it was terrible - Geelong are a very good team and threw everything at us in that half. Plus Scott made changes to tag us off halfback to stop the run and make it a dogfight.

We were just very, very good in that first half.

Interesting that Geelong now after travelling to Perth upon a 6 day break now play away in Brisbane next week - imagine if Collingwood had that in their fixture...

Edit: Stats show that in the second half Geelong won the Inside 50s 34-13

With that in mind it shows just how much we rely on our run from halfback. Tagging the halfback line and making them accountable was a very good move by the Geelong coaching box. The other point of note is once again the backline stood tall under pressure once again and passed the test against quality opposition.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Two games in a row we've played some dominating football
Two games in a row we've stood strong when challenged and recovered
Two games in a row we've beaten a genuine premiership contender

We are the real deal :D:thumbsu:

We are now making everyone else stand up and take notice.

Every team we play for the rest of the regular season is below us on the ladder :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah what? Second half was better than the first half, I reckon. Even in 2010 we were able to dominate like we did in the 2nd, but the Cats gave us everything they had and we were like "What's up?"

You seem to be forgetting how good Geelong are.

Yep we stood up under pressure - certainly made plenty of mistakes but take the win as a great step foward for the team. Back line is showing some poise and grit. Glass a great leader and Nic and others wth many 1%'s. Great experience to see who does and who doesn't grow in big games.

Only negative I would bother recording toningt is that I tiped us but with a margin of 11 points.

You seem to be forgetting how good Geelong are.

11 goal first half and a 3 goal second half.

We were at home. It got ugly for us.

We were average that is a fact.

Well done West Coast just a more effective disposal tonight won you the game also Geelong let too many soft goals, and your defence stood up.
Don't think either team will take too much out of the game as both where poor for long periods but good luck come finals.

No, Geelong were better.

And didn't you declare game over for us after just five minutes of gameplay? :rolleyes:

Did I not man up to that?

Anyway our first 10 mins was shiteful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game day thread V Geelong (May contain spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back