Game Thread: Round 10 - St Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

There was legitimate criticism of Gram going around this week. He answered it. He can go for another week for now.

Gilbert can **** off though. Raph Clarke has never played a game that bad. That sort of performance from Raph would have people calling for his public execution. So Gilbert out and Raph in.

He laid a few tackles tonight. There was defensive pressure. He wanted to participate.

There are a fair few people we could be blaming ahead of him. Fisher for getting himself injured would be one.

There was legitimate criticism of Gram going around this week. He answered it. He can go for another week for now.

Gilbert can **** off though. Raph Clarke has never played a game that bad. That sort of performance from Raph would have people calling for his public execution. So Gilbert in and Raph out.

Gram should not be dropped. People that can't kick straight should go first. :thumbsu:

I wonder how much Centrebet are paying them to not kick straight? Whoever let these John Wren-esque bastards into our club?

Just wrong on every level!!!

You're home as in you (the opposition) are home.

Franklin did it. Jack did it tonight.

We are missing Fisher dearly.

True, but we are not a one man team. I think our back half can be dominant. We just have to work out the positions. Simkin on Riewoldt tonight was a shocker but he will learn from that. The ones that are not learning or putting it into effect are Gram and Gilbert. Let's try someone else but I do hear that Fisher is right for next week.

The game would have been over twenty minutes earlier without his efforts. We have others to be sinking into.

On a positive, Newnes and Siposs were great.

Gram should be played as a half forward and not a half back.

He's a good goal kicker but is too sloppy in defence, he may have kicked a couple of goals in the last quarter but he probably gave away just as many in defence before that.

Gilbert can **** off though. Raph Clarke has never played a game that bad. That sort of performance from Raph would have people calling for his public execution. So Gilbert out and Raph in.
One decent quarter doesn't answer the critics. All it says is that he picks and chooses when he's willing to do the hard stuff. Watters must have given it to him because he completely lifted his intensity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why you need a couple of hack ruckmen on your list. Rix and Pattison were good for this. Basically you just have them for when your main rucks go down, and they are merely a piece of meat to chuck at the opposition ruckman at every bounce.

I think Blake was better than either of those two would have been, but for having them we would have been able to use Blake in defense.

I got way ahead of myself with Simpkin. Kid's a ripper but I should have seen that coming. He wasn't ready for Jack.

He laid a few tackles tonight. There was defensive pressure. He wanted to participate.

There are a fair few people we could be blaming ahead of him. Fisher for getting himself injured would be one.

too little too late. for the first few quarters, he didn't look like he was really competing tbh. he'll probably get next week if fisher doesn't come back, and if he does, he'll want to put in the effort he showed in the last quarter or he'll most likely get dropped.

The game would have been over twenty minutes earlier without his efforts. We have others to be sinking into.

On a positive, Newnes and Siposs were great.

Gram kicked two goals in the last quarter where he slipped away and was unattended in the style of game being played. I did not see him in the last quarter laying tackles or being defensive in the forward line. I'm not getting stuck in to him, I'm just providing the facts. Sure, there are others worth scrutinising.

Yes, Macgruber, Kosi's shot at goal was an absolute shocker. Did it affect the outcome hwne it ahppened? I doubt it. Richmond missed a heap as well.
You've just got to take a deep breath (or something stronger) and look at the outcome.
We are definitely playing more competitive football and it is pleasing to watch.
I don't know if you watched us beat Carlton but it was one of the best St Kilda games I've seen for years.
Take a chill pill, mate, and see where we are in Round 20.

Cos that's how footy clubs are measured. Where are they at round 20 .

If tonight was a one off . I wouldn't complain.

It's the same shite over and over. Surely by now you'd think they'd understand the value of composure and kicking the ball thru white sticks.

Yet again they train 5 nights a week and are on 6figured contract .

And at times it is hang your head embarrassing amateur stuff .

Pat on the back all you like. But nothing will change while you do .

Btw forget about tonight we played really well against Carlton . Sighs !!

Cant beleive people are calling for Clarke to come back in. Be patient and wait for Fisher to come in and then McEvoy who will free up Blake to play in defence. Raph Clarke is not the answer.

So, according to everyone here, Gram did nothing for 3 quarters, Simpkin got beaten soundly by Reiwoldt, and Blake was busy with ruck duties.

The other week, I got told that what I was saying about a deficient backline was, effectively, overly-cynical and borderline derisive. Still think that, or are you watching the game objectively now?

So, according to everyone here, Gram did nothing for 3 quarters, Simpkin got beaten soundly by Reiwoldt, and Blake was busy with ruck duties.

The other week, I got told that what I was saying about a deficient backline was, effectively, overly-cynical and borderline derisive. Still think that, or are you watching the game objectively now?

The two rucks going down has hurt our backline because we've lost Blake out of it. It's still an injury problem to some extent. Blake is a great backman.

We need another good tall defender, though.

Cant beleive people are calling for Clarke to come back in. Be patient and wait for Fisher to come in and then McEvoy who will free up Blake to play in defence. Raph Clarke is not the answer.
So very much this. Let's not get carried away here, if people don't like turnovers then I don't know why anyone would be asking for Raph effing Clarke who is a walking turnover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Thread: Round 10 - St Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back