Gameday Round 10- Etihad Stadium: St Kilda vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise jenny you complete and utter clown.

Seriously go away and stay away, completely worthless.

Why, because I think our boys put up a valiant effort against the 5th place team????? Read all the comments in here.... so did others, until things went pear shaped. You can't tell me those kids didn't try tonight. They tried their hearts out - most of them. For people to suggest otherwise is unfair.

Nobody seriously thought we would win this game did they? We came within a bees dick of pulling off the upset of the round. And then we ran out of legs. Bad conditioning? Absolutely. I laughed when Hird said how fit Craig has had us. Has he not watched us this year???? Disappointing finish to the game for us. And completely unacceptable. But you can't tell me that team didn't try. We just had players in the end that weren't up to the task. Not for lack of trying.

I'm disappointed but not angry with our performance.

Dangerfield, VB, Mackay, Douglas (our best IMO), Maric, Thompson, Tippett, Bock were all excellent tonight. Davis looked good as well (brutalised by the umpires).

Saints will not win the flag. Unfortunately for them there is a no bribes policy for the GF plus there is the little matter of Geelong. I look forward to them choking (although I don't plan to watch this years finals series).

The umpires didn't hand them the game. They were pretty atrocious for both teams. We had a number of key players go missing when the game was up to be won...simply not good enough.

We got genuinely shafted, and had we lost be 2 or 3 goals it could be argued that they made a pretty significant difference in the game, but that last quarter was utterly, utterly shambolic.

Have heard that there's a very good chance of big changes being made at some point this week. By the sounds of things, it could be another extremely eventful week.

Oh, and Richie was excellent again. Big positive that he backed up last week with another very impressive performance. Our best by a ludicrous distance. Well done Richie. :thumbsu:

Why, because I think our boys put up a valiant effort against the 5th place team????? Read all the comments in here.... so did others, until things went pear shaped. You can't tell me those kids didn't try tonight. They tried their hearts out - most of them. For people to suggest otherwise is unfair.

Nobody seriously thought we would win this game did they? We came within a bees dick of pulling off the upset of the round. And then we ran out of legs. Bad conditioning? Absolutely. I laughed when Hird said how fit Craig has had us. Has he not watched us this year???? Disappointing finish to the game for us. And completely unacceptable. But you can't tell me that team didn't try. We just had players in the end that weren't up to the task. Not for lack of trying.

Ok, im not sure if you've noticed, but football actually has four quarters.

Being close in the third quarter means ****ing nothing if you turn to water and let the other team stomp all over you in the last.

We got genuinely shafted, and had we lost be 2 or 3 goals it could be argued that they made a pretty significant difference in the game, but that last quarter was utterly, utterly shambolic.

Have heard that there's a very good chance of big changes being made at some point this week. By the sounds of things, it could be another extremely eventful week.

Oh, and Richie was excellent again. Big positive that he backed up last week with another very impressive performance. Our best by a ludicrous distance. Well done Richie. :thumbsu:

What changes?

PM me brosef ;)

Douglas is one of our best players :eek:

At the end of the day we only generated 16 scoring shots, which is what I expected against the Saints. We allowed far many too easy goals again.

Don't get carried away with the third qtre either. Saints missed some chances, we weren't that great then either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't always agree with you but I think you're spot on here.

Look, for the 2nd and 3rd quarters, we played the most direct, free flowing, most exciting football since 2006. It was fantastic to watch. And this was with a depleted, disoriented squad and up against the most disgusting display of cheating I've ever seen.

Umpires ruined what would have been a close spectacle... This has to be the worst I have ever seen, I don't care about the last quarter, I would have felt robbed if I had seen that rubbish going on and wondered whether getting hold of the ball would be a free against, it seemed that was the case... DISGRACEFUL!!!!

Schmidt, thought you were alright, proved me wrong the past 6 weeks...Makes it easy to give Edwards a send off though...

Stevens can go away and Doughty should soon be the next Edwards, Neil start planning his farewell game, tell him the day before...

Next week...

INS: Symes, Edwards, Jaensch, Johncock
OUTS: Schmidt (Johncock) Stevens (Edwards) Doughty, wont happen...(Jaensch) Sloane (Edwards..Fort the week, didn't give us anything)

Should I pull out some quotes from before the last quarter? Would make a lot of people on here look mighty stupid now. 'O I don't care if we win, atleast we are putting in a gallant effort tonight'.:thumbsdown: Some of our 'supporters' are a complete joke and don't deserve to attend Tyson's send off next week.

Positives:

-Davis/Armstrong - coming along quite nicely. Alot to work with.
-Dangefield/McKay - Stars.
-Maric - Massive heart.
-Griff - Keeping improving son and save your career. Nice start.
-Sloane
-Douglas - Surely the AFCs most improved. Fantastic story. Eat humble doubters.

All said and done... and the umpire rage wears off! They honestly should be tested for drugs or medical conditions relating to hyperwhistleanxiety disorder!

Davis really lookwed classy at different stages. He's no road runner... but he makes good decisions, reacts quickly and delivers well under reasonable pressure.

Schmidt... is getting hammered every week... needs to overcome his fumbling disorder but still has a game left before being banishe3d to SANFL. Hope he develops... because deespite the odd good thing he does is still a passenger at AFL level... but i still see something in him if we start to purely look at this as a development year with finals shot.

At the end of the day... our midfield capitulated tonight. Porplyzia could have had a run in there as I couldn't imagine he feels like he's done more than stroll tonight. he did kick a good goal... but his spot in the side is under serious pressure after tonight.

Walker... no good in these types of games... not all his fault but very one dimnsional which I can accept at this stage of his career. As long as he accepts he has a long way to go I'd like to persist with him for the magic he most certainly shows at times.

Painful.

Should I pull out some quotes from before the last quarter? Would make a lot of people on here look mighty stupid now. 'O I don't care if we win, atleast we are putting in a gallant effort tonight'.:thumbsdown: Some of our 'supporters' are a complete joke and don't deserve to attend Tyson's send off next week.

So, people who were pleased at the sign of a genuine effort, become annoyed when that effort disappears, and you are actually struggling to understand why?

Positives:

-Davis/Armstrong - coming along quite nicely. Alot to work with.
-Dangefield/McKay - Stars.
-Maric - Massive heart.
-Griff - Keeping improving son and save your career. Nice start.
-Sloane
-Douglas - Surely the AFCs most improved. Fantastic story. Eat humble doubters.
That makes you look like a mighty idiot. Sloane? Stevens was better than him tonight.

So, people who were pleased at the sign of a genuine effort, become annoyed when that effort disappears, and you are actually struggling to understand why?
Lack of effort? How about St Kilda are just a better side than us, and ran over the top in the end? Losing Bock didn't help, and simply we need to get fitter to run our games out better. Anyone questioning the effort tonight are a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday Round 10- Etihad Stadium: St Kilda vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back