Game Day Gameday vs the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Played the last quarter as we expected the whole game to be played .. nice to see Nicks got their minds back on the job - Doedee , Scholl & Schoenberg massive in the last quarter in particular.. Lairdy , Tex ( and Smithers ) awesome

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was some of the usual suspects that got us over the line - Scholl, Keays, Laird, Tex, Doedee. Good work to grind out the win when our backs were against the wall. Defintely not a pretty win with how the 2nd and 3rd quarters went but you have to give it to the young guys to not give up and the killoff a hungry team.

I will hand it to O’Brien, he had a much better second half. Was toweled up in the first half.
Quite a few stood up in that last quarter, several that are unfairly maligned on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good Was Doedee? CAPTAIN!

Sholl? Best game he's played so far. Jet

ROB is back. You love to see it

Thought Tex was gonna tear it apart after having 2 inside 2 mins

Laird, Seeds, Schoenberg and Smith all good too

Lynch was bog awful. Frampton just not there. McHenry does some absolutely dumb shit, although i do like his energy. McAdam is lucky after that 4th quarter we (and he) had. He cost us 2 goals in the 3rd

Stuff to work on, but we're young and inexperienced. Clearly Missed Sloane in the guts

Hopefully a couple of changes next week. Keep the boys hungry. I don't think many of us would've said we'd be 3-1

How good Was Doedee? CAPTAIN!

Sholl? Best game he's played so far. Jet

ROB is back. You love to see it

Thought Tex was gonna tear it apart after having 2 inside 2 mins

Laird, Seeds, Schoenberg and Smith all good too

Lynch was bog awful. Frampton just not there. McHenry does some absolutely dumb sh*t, although i do like his energy. McAdam is lucky after that 4th quarter we (and he) had. He cost us 2 goals in the 3rd

Stuff to work on, but we're young and inexperienced. Clearly Missed Sloane in the guts

Hopefully a couple of changes next week. Keep the boys hungry. I don't think many of us would've said we'd be 3-1
Great summary.

You degenerate

;)

you ont know the half of it, I watched Animal House yesterday like three times, I can quote Bluto’s speech at the end by heart, and it’s still the most inspirational speech I’ve ever heard

I think a lot of our blokes though this was going to be a parade after we kicked the first few. It took us to get behind before we switched on again.

Meanwhile, how was that little cheating prick trying to get North back in the game. He paid a dubious free in our F50. Then made a poor decision on the wing, then overruled the umpire in charge to pay a free against Doedee that wasn't there in their F50. Utter cheating. Should be dropped based on that passage alone.

One thing that has been impressive all year is the ability to respond within games, especially in the last quarter after having momentum against us. Ugly game but good last quarter and took advantage against a weakened team as we should.

Yep - while it was pretty scrappy through the middle of the game, I really liked how we were able to steady and focus in Q4 to take the game back. We would never have been able to do the in the recent past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Gameday vs the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back