Game Day Gather Round vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom 8 Team at Adelaide Oval.

That’s a win.

It will feel hollow though as it will simply be 3 wins against (more than likely) bottom 6 sides.
Not in night games. We go @ 70% against the eventual bottom 10.

30 from 61 in night games at AO total.

If the Bombers end up in the top 8 this year, our chances of winning drop to 32%

Honestly this is the definition of danger game. They also pushed us to within a goal twice last year. Going to require a massive effort to pull this out.

Not in night games. We go @ 70% against the eventual bottom 10.

30 from 61 in night games at AO total.

If the Bombers end up in the top 8 this year, our chances of winning drop to 32%

Honestly this is the definition of danger game. They also pushed us to within a goal twice last year. Going to require a massive effort to pull this out.

Yep. It's going to be a difficult, high pressure, slippery night at the Oval. If we win it will have been a struggle.

Essendon have been ok but we are a better team and I think we should win. But would not bet on it. We still have all the same problems that we have had for years. I am going to lose my shit everytime we bomb it in to Dixon, Marshall, Mitch and Jez all competing for the same ball.

it's going to be a tough game but someone's gotta win. we know brad scott was a scary player and now he's got the mighty Essendon Football Club - one of the biggest clubs in the country - playing that hardnosed style which again is scary. i hope our boys can match it with a triple premiership player-turned-coach and his list. pretty scary on paper

And then watch Rioli get suspended for a nothing block 100m off the ball and a dodgy concussion call.
Essendon have literally told the comp they are going to play as dirty as they can get away with the 'Edge', the AFL will just let them actually get away with it, imagine Port saying that! Jeez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it'll be an uninspiring win, probably around 15-25 points. Won't get out of third gear and won't change anyone's mind.

Lets see if Port can double Essendon's I50 count and still lose.
It's important to have "goals".

----------------------------------------------------------------

True. However at Port we tend to see the "point" in amassing insane amounts of I50 entries for little reward as getting right "behind" our coach's game plan. (bad score pun!)

The good news is that win, lose or draw, the Woohoo Company were able to come in and build great relationships with all our staff, quickly foster an environment of trust and work closely with me as CEO to support our business and people needs. They came in and it was real, authentic and added important strategic value to our business.

The port crowd will play its part for a win and a win tonight will really bring the feral atmosphere back. 2 players of interest mead on an upswing and jones who they are backing in but unless he grasps it, could be tapped on shoulder at end of year imo.

The port crowd will play its part for a win and a win tonight will really bring the feral atmosphere back. 2 players of interest mead on an upswing and jones who they are backing in but unless he grasps it, could be tapped on shoulder at end of year imo.
What with everyone in random seats and a neutral bay allocation?

This is much harder to call than it should be. I'd just love us to demonstrate some flexibility if what we're doing doesn't work.

4 of our first 5 at home, if we don't get back in the winner's circle tonight it's going to be tough to get those game back at the end of the season.

Port by 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back