Game Day Gather Round vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It's going to be a difficult, high pressure, slippery night at the Oval. If we win it will have been a struggle.

Shouldn't be slippery at all. Cool night but no cloud cover and humidity is low (40ish%), so it should be a relatively dry game.

The port crowd will play its part for a win and a win tonight will really bring the feral atmosphere back. 2 players of interest mead on an upswing and jones who they are backing in but unless he grasps it, could be tapped on shoulder at end of year imo.
The atmosphere has been gone at our games for probably 7 years now. It's not coming back on the basis of beating the Bombers. With a dispersed Port crowd.

Goonies is an awesome kids film.
Well unlike Port they did never say die.

As for the game, win or lose, it's going to be same shitshow forward of centre, with it bombed on Dixon's head, only to then rebound as our 'pressure forwards' provide minimal pressure. Whatever score we do kick, it's going to be less than the expected score from the shot positions.

Win and there'll be no pressure to get rid of Finlayson or McEntee. Not that they would get much in a loss, but at least it'd be some. Lose and we all know Essendon will get talked up by Hinkley as a really good side. What a choice! Do you want to get punched in the balls or kicked in the face?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too dark for Dixon to see the ball, so expect superb ball slapping.

Prime time mean faces though
Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Essendon have literally told the comp they are going to play as dirty as they can get away with the 'Edge', the AFL will just let them actually get away with it, imagine Port saying that! Jeez.
When you're a Big Vic team you are allowed to do whatever it takes.

When you're a Big Vic team you are allowed to do whatever it takes.
Same as the 'Unsociable Hawks', makes you wonder if the declaration is sanctioned to give them a boost.

The port crowd will play its part for a win and a win tonight will really bring the feral atmosphere back. ...
What feral atmosphere?

I don't know why the mods allow such an obvious Camry Crows supporter to get away with so much trolling on this board.

Last edited:
Feral atmosphere lol. Port games have been utterly devoid of passion for years. The only time we arc up is to get angry at the umpires. The rest is golf claps because they are bored out of their mind.

I dont care i love it not giving in never tear us apart woohoo!

Feral atmosphere lol. Port games have been utterly devoid of passion for years. The only time we arc up is to get angry at the umpires. The rest is golf claps because they are bored out of their mind.

I dont care i love it not giving in never tear us apart woohoo!
INXS PERFECT PEAR SAX SOLO!

We are TOP guys.

View attachment 1950422

View attachment 1950428

Who have Port played so far this year...

um
  • Tigers
  • Demons
  • Eagles

View attachment 1950435
Rebound 50s are a bit of a junk stat, need to know conversion of r50s into scores.

We set up quite a high press so seem to be satisfied letting our oppo chip the ball out with small kicks along the flanks as this gives us time to run back in defence and set up. So in that case, R50s aren't a KPI for us (as I doubt it is for any team at the moment, given walls are usually set up 70 metres or so out, thus intercepting a whole bunch of those r50s).

In that regard, our inside 50 differential (i.e. ours versus our opponents) is also top of the league. That is further indication that we are intercepting higher up the ground and bombing it back in long, rather than being prone to slingshot from r50s, as we have been in the past (in which you'd see a lower i50 differential number).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back