Geelong break record for most wins in a decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo get zero "true" home games, we play our home games at our main rivals home.
Freo is 30mins from Subiaco. Not in a completely different city. Plus we dont just play 15 games a year away from Geelong but all those 15 games are at our oppositions home city. The definition of away game. Freo playing Carlton at Subiaco or anywhere in WA for that matter does not give Carlton a home ground advantage.

The most amazing record that Geelong has got ( considering salary caps drafts etc etc) and no one can dispute it - is that it is 31 years since the Cats finished in the bottom 4 - unbelievable record

The only 2 clubs that i respect in that regard are Adelaide and Nth Melb - because along with the Cats - those 3 clubs have never bottomed out - theve never gone down to the pitts like every other club has - and got rewarded with priority picks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a great effort by the cats but explained by the introduction of two new sides and the effect on rebuilds post the Hawks and Cats in the early to mid 2000s
Bit like Brisbane and West Coast entering in 87 helping the previous record holders?

And because they beat us by a goal in one of the best H&A games of the modern era, let's be honest. StKilda '09 is the best side I've seen not win a flag.

StKilda 09 and other saints sides around that time had a big pile of elite talent at the top layer, but they also had a very ordinary bottom 5 compared to other teams competing in GFs during the period in question,and it probably cost them a flag in the end. Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn , and probably Pies all had a much better spread of talent across the entire 22.

That's like saying that Collingwood get zero home games at Victoria Park so it's not really a home game and is frankly ridiculous.
Correct, Collingwood like most clubs play their home games at a neutral venue, Geelong get a massive advantage to play seven home games at their home, yet still bitch and moan about it.
Freo is 30mins from Subiaco. Not in a completely different city. Plus we dont just play 15 games a year away from Geelong but all those 15 games are at our oppositions home city. The definition of away game. Freo playing Carlton at Subiaco or anywhere in WA for that matter does not give Carlton a home ground advantage.
Geelong is a stone throw from Melbourne, it is easy for supporters living in Geelong to attend games in Melbourne, played at a neutral venue.
Well, you better get out to Burswood and stop construction now...you're being screwed again!o_O

I am happy to go to Burswood, a neutral venue as opposed to playing derbies at WC home ground.

I saw a stat today that shows that this amazing club has broken yet another record, this time it's the record for the most wins in a decade by a club.

From round 6 2007 to round 5 2017, we have won 188 games. Amazing.

Previously the record was held by Hawthorn with 186 wins from round 1 1982 to the 1991 grand final.

The next best after that is Carlton with 173 wins from round 7 1978 to round 6 1988.

Such domination shouldn't be possible in the era of equalisation, yet the Geelong Football Club just continues to defy gravity and dominate the AFL competition.

It's been while since there's been a positive thread on here about this great club, but this achievement definitely deserves to be acknowledged by fans of other clubs as well as our own.

You continue to make yourself look more like a CLOWN everyday. Only one game matters and thats GF day. When was the last time yous were there again? How many have you won since 07?

And because they beat us by a goal in one of the best H&A games of the modern era, let's be honest. StKilda '09 is the best side I've seen not win a flag.
nope. If we played a half decent side against Brisbane then saints don't have the most wins regardless of beating us by a kick at their home ground. Saints are certainly one of the best but the pies of 2011 have to be up there as well.

Correct, Collingwood like most clubs play their home games at a neutral venue, Geelong get a massive advantage to play seven home games at their home, yet still bitch and moan about it.

Geelong is a stone throw from Melbourne, it is easy for supporters living in Geelong to attend games in Melbourne, played at a neutral venue.

I am happy to go to Burswood, a neutral venue as opposed to playing derbies at WC home ground.
A stones throw being three times the time as a drive from freo to Subiaco. Plus that wasnt my main point anyway. The main point you have completely ignored.

we did similar, and in tassie, but won that game anyway.
Yep you won it where we didn't. Your vfl team was better than ours. As for the main team they effectively had the same amount of wins each despite the fact that the one home and away game between us was at your home ground and not at ours. Play it at Geelong and most pundits would have us making up the extra couple of points difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong break record for most wins in a decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back