Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong fans [circa 2024] remind me of the arrogant smug Blues tossers from the late 90's.

I remember being impressed by humility of many Geelong fans back when they dominated the comp around 2007, 2008, 2009. They were pretty determined not be cast as a bunch of arrogant wankas. But all that seems to have gone out the window with their most recent decade of perennial top 4 appearances (and 2022 flag) under Chris Scott.

Easily the worst and most annoying bunch of fans in the AFL.

Yeah mate you loved us back then. You couldn't get enough of Cats supporters back then.

Geelong fans [circa 2024] remind me of the arrogant smug Blues tossers from the late 90's.

I remember being impressed by humility of many Geelong fans back when they dominated the comp around 2007, 2008, 2009. They were pretty determined not be cast as a bunch of arrogant wankas. But all that seems to have gone out the window with their most recent decade of perennial top 4 appearances (and 2022 flag) under Chris Scott.

This comes across as so bitter, miserable and paranoid.

Maybe try simply discussing the football matters you disagree with.

This petulant sort of stuff belongs in the playground and displays a lack of intelligence.

Hey Art Vandelay_ is Ollie Dempsey really on the rookie list still?

That is monstrous to think this.. Surely a 3+ contract extension is on the table. Kid looks like a star in the making
It appears to be the case yes. Signed a new deal last year.

This petulant sort of stuff belongs in the playground and displays a lack of intelligence.

No you silly man, don't you realise that Geelong fans are arrogant and entitled?
Geelong just steal talent and don't develop their own players.

Not like true list builders.

I think you'll find that 'arrogance' you speak of is almost always in retaliation to threads like these.
Thread bumps are to be expected. The Cats are doing a sneaky good job of turning their list over and not ageing out.

I wasn't actually talking about Geelong's cohort on Big Footy. By and large, the Cats fans on Big Footy are a decent bunch. There are a handful of bellends on here, but every club has their share of dropkicks among them. Pretty sure they would be equally despised on the Geelong board.

I was talking more about the cocky Cats fans I hear on SEN's talkback radio, or the gloating handbaggers who send me shit-stirring texts after a morale-sapping loss. Or to be more precise, the one-eyed clowns seated all around me on Saturday evening who annoyed the bejesus out of me with their non-stop biased whining for free kicks. FMD... I felt like stabbing myself in the ears... Painful also to hear the constant chirp and pay-outs on various Hawks when we're getting our arses handed to us by all and sundry. Most of it deserved. :(

Let's just say it was a long arvo/evening. Not much fun. Probably 20 years since I last ventured down the Geelong Hwy to catch a game. Hopefully, the Hawks can put up a better fight next time I make the trip.

I don't think it's a stretch to label the Geelong fans as Carlton & Hawthorn's replacement the AFL's most smug, arrogant fanbase. It kind of goes with the territory of long-term success. There are Geelong fans in their 20's who more or less expect the Cats to be perennial top 4 premiership contenders. Much like Blues and Hawks fans in the late 80's early 90's... Or the Manchester United fans when Alex Ferguson was their manager.

Yet another season when I thought Geelong's time had finally run out... But here we are... Just 2 months out from the finals and Geelong are up to their necks in it yet again... Back in red hot form... Sitting in 5th place with Sydney, Carlton, Freo and Essendon ahead of them. [smh]... You wouldn't exactly be quaking in your boots as a Geelong fan... Another possible flag in the offing...

Last edited:
Yeah mate you loved us back then. You couldn't get enough of Cats supporters back then.
They were good days... A new rivalry was born.

We had fun, didn't we? Oh well...

I had fun, at least..

I seem to remember you were always sooking and taking life too seriously... :rolleyes:

Thread bumps are to be expected. The Cats are doing a sneaky good job of turning their list over and not ageing out.

I wasn't actually talking about Geelong's cohort on Big Footy. By and large, the Cats fans on Big Footy are a decent bunch. There are a handful of bellends on here, but every club has their share of dropkicks among them. Pretty sure they would be equally despised on the Geelong board.

I was talking more about the cocky Cats fans I hear on SEN's talkback radio, or the gloating handbaggers who send me shit-stirring texts after a morale-sapping loss. Or to be more precise, the one-eyed clowns seated all around me on Saturday evening who annoyed the bejesus out of me with their non-stop biased whining for free kicks. FMD... I felt like stabbing myself in the ears... Painful also to hear the constant chirp and pay-outs on various Hawks when we're getting our arses handed to us by all and sundry. Most of it deserved. :(

Let's just say it was a long arvo/evening. Not much fun. Probably 20 years since I last ventured down the Geelong Hwy to catch a game. Hopefully, the Hawks can put up a better fight next time I make the trip.

I don't think it's a stretch to label the Geelong fans as Carlton & Hawthorn's replacement the AFL's most smug, arrogant fanbase. It kind of goes with the territory of long-term success. There are Geelong fans in their 20's who more or less expect the Cats to be perennial top 4 premiership contenders. Much like Blues and Hawks fans in the late 80's early 90's... Or the Manchester United fans when Alex Ferguson was their manager.

Yet another season when I thought Geelong's time had finally run out... But here we are... Just 2 months out from the finals and Geelong are up to their necks in it yet again... Back in red hot form... Sitting in 5th place with Sydney, Carlton, Freo and Essendon ahead of them. [smh]... You wouldn't exactly be quaking in your boots as a Geelong fan... Another possible flag in the offing...

Written like a true peasant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you find the stadium?
Yeah, good. Got there early. Snagged a great parking spot close by. Enjoyed my steak for lunch. Cruised straight on in and took my seat. Excellent view. Very happy. Pretty amazing transformation from the old windswept standing room on the gravel terrace behind the city-end goals.

Then the game started and we got F**KIN SMASHED... :cryv1:

I basically sat there and ate shit for the next 2 hours. Oh well... The Geelong men were too good for the Hawthorn boys. I was very impressed with Geelong's single-minded attack & relentless pressure over the 4 quarters. We went to water. A pretty good lesson for our mob in the difference between being a mid-table pretender and a top 4 contender.

Hopefully we can get back up there again and renew our hostilities.

I'll put up my hand and admit that I'd written the Cats off after the recent slump. But I think with Hawkins sidelined, Cameron back in form and and Dangerfield back in the guts, you guys look a lot better. It's a close season and anyone's flag. Swans and Blues are rightful favourites. But the Cats are in there with a good chance. The non-Vic teams are little phobic about the MCG. The Blues will have elements of self-doubt and possible GF nerves should they get there. The Cats have been there before and done it.

Last edited:
Lawson looks like a fantastic pick up by the Geelong recruitment staff
Great user and looks like he will be the perfect plug and play replacement for Tuohy next season

Love seeing a late draft pick gem

It's a little bit disingenuous (since we were the only team still making picks at that stage), but I love the fact that Humphries was taken with one of the throwaway picks from the Ratugolea trade, where people were losing their minds that Mackie stalled the trade for a week, 'just for a couple of picks that wouldn't even be used'.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, but after years of being the "contented knitters" and "happy clappers" - getting spat and shrieked at in "home" games at the G for many years - giving back just 2% gets a reaction like this?

Better for everyone to just sit down and cover themselves with blankets, I guess. How dare they actually make a bit of noise for a change. Arrogant twats.

Can the mods attach the 'backfire' prefix to this thread? This is getting silly now.

When you have a 96% efficiency rate, Hello girls! :)

GSScCKxagAUSfkb

Amen.

2008 lol
2017 lol
1967 lol
2020 lol

No wonder SHocking changed the rules!

Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back