2nds Geelong Cats V Northern Ballarat 1:30pm Sun Aug 9 Eureka Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Still no Gregson, either? DUH!! Scratch that :oops:
Just re-read the AFL team changes! :( My bad!

I'm just so happy to see Cowan, Bates and Vardy still lining up... maybe Delaney will be there next week?

Really hoping to see Delaney's playing before the year's out, evidently very mobile big unit with plenty of talent around 194/5 and solid through the body.
We can do with someone of that size having lost Hamling, Brown and Toohey all in-between talls in the mid 190cm range.

Really hoping to see Delaney's playing before the year's out, evidently very mobile big unit with plenty of talent around 194/5 and solid through the body.
We can do with someone of that size having lost Hamling, Brown and Toohey all in-between talls in the mid 190cm range.
I think the injury update has frozen on 2 weeks for him, meto. Might have to give the stupid thing a kick (the injury update, I mean, not poor Delaney! :()

Anyone making the trip of this one?

Im not sure the GFC twitter will work up there - given the time delay for transmission of tweets and all that.

Go Catters
Yeah, I'll be likely heading up the Midland Highway for the game, I usually do an annual trip to the 'Rat to re-live my uni days, see what's changed, & catch the VFL boys in action!

Yeah, I'll be likely heading up the Midland Highway for the game, I usually do an annual trip to the 'Rat to re-live my uni days, see what's changed, & catch the VFL boys in action!
Any updates in game much appreciated….

Take that Cannuk with you!

Go Catters

Do you hear Goddard talking on turf the other day... sound like Etihad make be slightly better than the G atm. None of the grounds are soft , the way the designed now for drainage.
Interesting, Goddard is pretty considered. Might be just dependant on form now.

Do you hear Goddard talking on turf the other day... sound like Etihad make be slightly better than the G atm. None of the grounds are soft , the way the designed now for drainage.
I was shocked and surprised to hear blokes coming out of the woodwork and maligning the surface of the G because it had only been a few days earlier that I'd read an interview with Brian Lake, who credited the soft training ground plus the softer surface of the G as been two reasons that have allowed him to be playing as long as he has:

"Training has changed, just probably more the workload. You're doing more quality work at my age, and a lot of other guys are on the same sort of program," Lake said.

Changing clubs has had an added bonus too, with the old Dog playing on the softer MCG more often than Etihad Stadium and training at the more forgiving Waverley surface instead of Whitten Oval.

"We've got a really soft ground down here at Waverley
. We got it fixed at the end of 2013 I think it was. We got the whole ground resurfaced, which cost a fair bit of cash," Lake said.

"I reckon that's one of the things, and a couple of tweaks in the weights room, but nothing much, has probably helped me recover a lot better from games and takes that wear and tear out of you.

"That's so crucial when you're 33 or 32 years old
… and probably taking a little bit of weight off as well helps."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-...his-mind-and-wants-a-new-deal-reasonably-soon

When I read that Lewis had criticised the G, I figured it was a Hawthorn cover-up, but then I heard Goddard had spoken about it as well.. pop went that idea :(

I was shocked and surprised to hear blokes coming out of the woodwork and maligning the surface of the G because it had only been a few days earlier that I'd read an interview with Brian Lake, who credited the soft training ground plus the softer surface of the G as been two reasons that have allowed him to be playing as long as he has:

"Training has changed, just probably more the workload. You're doing more quality work at my age, and a lot of other guys are on the same sort of program," Lake said.

Changing clubs has had an added bonus too, with the old Dog playing on the softer MCG more often than Etihad Stadium and training at the more forgiving Waverley surface instead of Whitten Oval.

"We've got a really soft ground down here at Waverley
. We got it fixed at the end of 2013 I think it was. We got the whole ground resurfaced, which cost a fair bit of cash," Lake said.

"I reckon that's one of the things, and a couple of tweaks in the weights room, but nothing much, has probably helped me recover a lot better from games and takes that wear and tear out of you.

"That's so crucial when you're 33 or 32 years old
… and probably taking a little bit of weight off as well helps."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-...his-mind-and-wants-a-new-deal-reasonably-soon

When I read that Lewis had criticised the G, I figured it was a Hawthorn cover-up, but then I heard Goddard had spoken about it as well.. pop went that idea :(

No doubt Etihad has traditionally been hard on the running gear... but inference was that its as good now as it has ever been , perhaps asking someone who plays a fair bit at both grounds over many years ..like SJ for his opinion would be instructive.

No doubt Waverley would be a soft ground , its reside in a rain belt... be interesting to compare it to KP. I believe it would be a lot firmer than the 80's...when was the last muddy game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has had his chance. We can't afford a drop away in form like that. We need to trade him while he still has some value.
Trade Bews ?

surely.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Geelong Cats V Northern Ballarat 1:30pm Sun Aug 9 Eureka Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back