2nds Geelong Cats V Northern Ballarat 1:30pm Sun Aug 9 Eureka Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt Etihad has traditionally been hard on the running gear... but inference was that its as good now as it has ever been , perhaps asking someone who plays a fair bit at both grounds over many years ..like SJ for his opinion would be instructive.

No doubt Waverley would be a soft ground , its reside in a rain belt... be interesting to compare it to KP. I believe it would be a lot firmer than the 80's...when was the last muddy game?
When I read that article, Turbo, it made me wonder if some of our foot injuries were maybe a result of overworking the feet on Simonds. I know there are a lot of factors, including footwear and things like how players are getting tackled, etc. that can place extra strain on that area but the amount of time the boys spend on our ground at training must account for a large part of the wear and tear down there. (Im a poet ;))
Knees, calves as well. We just seem to have had an awful lot of lower-body problems in recent times.

No doubt Etihad has traditionally been hard on the running gear... but inference was that its as good now as it has ever been , perhaps asking someone who plays a fair bit at both grounds over many years ..like SJ for his opinion would be instructive.

No doubt Waverley would be a soft ground , its reside in a rain belt... be interesting to compare it to KP. I believe it would be a lot firmer than the 80's...when was the last muddy game?

150px-Jim_McShane.jpg

:D

There is not a jacket that exists that would be thick enough to get me to ballarat today.
Ha! Ya big sook! lol One of my friends lives in Ballarat, I spoke to him after the game + he said it was -6.5C last week lol You need to get yourself one of those Puffy jackets from the Cats shop, I bought one for Menzel's return game at Werribee but I was too hot in it lol What you need is a thermos of coffee with some brandy in it.

You + some friends at the VFL today -

1343060572_8f5dbe0cc5f0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha! Ya big sook! lol One of my friends lives in Ballarat, I spoke to him after the game + he said it was -6.5C last week lol You need to get yourself one of those Puffy jackets from the Cats shop, I bought one for Menzel's return game at Werribee but I was too hot in it lol What you need is a thermos of coffee with some brandy in it.

You + some friends at the VFL today -

1343060572_8f5dbe0cc5f0.jpg
Hahah spot on.

Trial Rivers at CHF today? His last 12 games for Melbourne in 2012, he played forward at times and kicked 13 goals.

Walker kicked a bag against the wooden spooners last week and did nothing last night. Vardy is still weeks away from possibly resuming, same with Clark. Last night it was Hawkins or bust, again.

It seems like Kola will play seniors for the rest of the year. Rivers is too good the twos. His wise old head and strong marking could work up forward. Walker can still stay in the ones, but play more as the second ruck.

Trial Rivers at CHF today? His last 12 games for Melbourne in 2012, he played forward at times and kicked 13 goals.

Walker kicked a bag against the wooden spooners last week and did nothing last night. Vardy is still weeks away from possibly resuming, same with Clark. Last night it was Hawkins or bust, again.

It seems like Kola will play seniors for the rest of the year. Rivers is too good the twos. His wise old head and strong marking could work up forward. Walker can still stay in the ones, but play more as the second ruck.

Great suggestion.
He played there with the Dees for a while and did well. Kolo is a lock now , particularly after last night

I they are going to see them off, good idea for the older seniors to get a game or two. Not like they have dropped off all that much.

Great suggestion.
He played there with the Dees for a while and did well. Kolo is a lock now , particularly after last night
Forward line with kersten, hawkins and rivers... imagine the pressure guage.

That's concerning. How does that happen, does it just grow over your skin
I just wake up every morning in the same room with one on.

Mate text the coach!....I like that. ............If Kolo's struggling we could swap them, it's a top idea.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Geelong Cats V Northern Ballarat 1:30pm Sun Aug 9 Eureka Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back