Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

meh' result was never in doubt.
Am actually surprised we were only down by a few points at quarter time.

Had a feeling Port weren't exactly playing to their full potential in R12.
They just took it up a level in that third quarter and we looked lost like we always do in September (ummm, October).

Hawkins now moves to 1.4 goals per final or 1.6 goals since 2011.
I don't like stating those statistics but it's something he will have to try and rectify before his career finishes. He's just not a dominant forward under intense pressure such as finals.
Few are, but for his sheer size and strength, it's a strange one.

So much DUMB footy. Duncan's late kick, Parfitt's handball to Ablett, Hawkins bewildering goal kicking, Kolodjashnij spudding it up again, Henry's total lack of awareness, Dangerfield handballing to a flat-footed Kolo instead of banging it back inside. Ablett 10 touches. Miers 4. The ****ing umpires sometimes deciding to bounce it to the left of centre and getting 3 metres height.

And yet it was only 16 points.

Problem is I don't think we can stop playing dumb footy in finals.

We'll win the semi after getting a rocket all week then get smashed by a hungry, determined team in the prelim.

No killer instinct in the club outside of Joel. Too many laid back jokers and not enough hard nuts.

I think the club is in for a real shock next year. I think a lot of people are going to find somewhere better to put their hard earned than into this club, especially as people are falling on hard times with job keeper and seeker being cut.

Tom Hawkins hang your head in shame. What an absolutely disgraceful performance.

This one wasn't on Chirs Scott. This one was on him.
Absolutely this. I usually hate singling players out and I love Hawk, but he cost us a flag last year and potentially this year.
Mentally weak shit. He’s a ****ing leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone blaming Hawkins and missed opportunities for the loss? Not really.
Very similar to the Richmond final.
3rd quarter and the game opens up a bit and is harder to defend.
We're just not a finals team unfortunately and its a final.
Mids aren't strong enough or powerful and fast enough and we don't have the players to move the ball quickly enough.
Can't chip around and get a breather.
I am honestly happy for Motlop as I like him but you've got to show him a tiny bit of respect. Not just treat him like he is not even there and play 20 metres off him.

Hit the drat and look for pace and run. We're far too slow.

That was the difference. Scarlett needs to stop the crap with this tall defense and get with reality.

Henderson was sensational tonight and deserves to stay on the list. Taylor is cooked ... he can't play in the next final. Henry was woeful as was Koldjashnij.

We need a defensive restructure.

Hit the drat and look for pace and run. We're far too slow.

That was the difference. Scarlett needs to stop the crap with this tall defense and get with reality.

Henderson was sensational tonight and deserves to stay on the list. Taylor is cooked ... he can't play in the next final. Henry was woeful as was Koldjashnij.

We need a defensive restructure.
Or just give clarke a fair run at it. And narkle.

Positive: at least there are no more byes coming up. Feel like we are a good chance to beat either WCE or Collingwood.

Negatives: please please please match commitee drop miers. Apart from the North Melbourne game, he has had a poor year. Feel like we are playing with one less with him in the side. We gambled with the centre square set up in the last quarter and lost.

Let's be honest, are we flat track bullies?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I forgot - Scott told Stanley to ensure he kicked into the post, he requested that Hawkins missed all his shots on goal, he also told guys to ensure that when they had chances late in quarters to have a set shot that they should play on and not have a shot

Give it up - players have to take ownership for what they put or more so didn't put out on the field tonight

:handpointup:

Every year it is the same.

- Midfielders shit the bed, get very little heat from the masses for it.
- Knock on effect that the defence is under much more pressure, get pilloried by the masses for it.
- Nuffies blame the coach for player skill errors.

Tonight starts and ends with them Selwood gave his all. Duncan got a bit of the footy but was poor, Guthrie and Menegola were down on the season. Dangerfield tried but didn't have a massive impact. Parfitt was putrid.

As a result guys like Dahlhaus, Miers, Atkins, Ablett are starved for supply. Hawkins has an off night and it is all she wrote.
Not being able to handle the heat in the middle causes the problems down back, those guys get slammed and the midfield repeatedly in finals get off lightly.

If we take our chances in the first half we have a decent lead and the talk isn't about this being the coach's fault. Miss easy shots on goal and it is somehow all on him. Utter nonsense.

Ok I'm probably going to get slaughtered by people here.

Only two/three blokes who shouldn't be upset are Henderson and Parfitt. Kolo was solid without being good or bad.

Down games from the big four of Hawk, Danger, Selwood and Ablett. They will bounce back so I'm not worried. Rohan and Stewart also.

What worries me most is the lack of speed in defence. Tuohy needs to play back, we're too big.

Which brings me to our 18-22 players, they're weak, they are mostly shit and it shows in big games. Jack Henry, Tom Atkins, Gryan Miers, Luke Dalhaus. They are just inconsistent and for the most part rubbish lately. Atkins, Miers and Dalhaus are providing nothing across that half forward line. Then Henry is a deer in headlights with probably the worst decision making I've ever seen at AFL level and inconsistent disposal. His disposal has improved but not the guy you want playing game plan footy. He constantly spoils his own player or gives hospital handballs. I suppose at least he is getting his hands on it unlike Atkins, Miers and Dalhaus. Slightly harsh on Miers due to his age but some seconds footy would be handy.

Not good enough to carry these guys anymore. They need to step up or ship out.

Same as every other year.

Couldn't handle the heat when it came
Scotts gameplan doesnt work in finals
Same old players go missing in the big games (blicavs being the anomaly tonight)
Didn't look desperate enough at times

Game wasnt over at qrt time so guess theres that? Looking like straight sets unfortunately but we will do it all again next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeated by Port by 16 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back