Review Geelong defeats Hawks at KP by 61 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I thought the small forwards would be the key against their tall defence. Miers silky and Parfitt looks fit and hungry to nab that midfield spot. A lot of tackles for parfitt. Great job!
One of the best aspects of Miers' game is his consistent ability to work back into a game after being totally out of it early on; he works out what's wrong, and fixes it.

Yep. And I think most of that was in reaction to last night's ugly slog of a game. I feel like people suck at acknowledging evidence of footy being good to watch and are superb at jumping on any evidence whatsoever of unattractive football. The second half of tonight's game was stylistically attractive. If supporters are going to shit on the ugly games I think it's incumbent upon us all to celebrate the ones where the football is good to watch when they come along.
Read my mind! Oddly enough we seem to get some of the true shockers at the MCG now - no matter which teams are involved. Then the league's leaders apply that scrap to the 11th degree. Maybe it becomes more evident at the MCG because the ground is larger and the ball gets stuck in one sector of the ground. Either way, the space isn't used for free flowing footy as much as it used to. Even though technically there's less space at Geelong, there's more room for slingshots. In any case we find avenues to score much easier there. The footy is fine enough aesthetically when we have the urgency used tonight. It's cautious, nervous footy at the G that has driven me mad from a Geelong perspective in recent years.

So apparently 10k at GMHBA could happen soon.

I'm booking seats for the last GMHBA game of the season as soon as they come out. Want to be there for GAJ's last home game. :'(
Still up to the state government to implement those things

And I dare say it will work similar to how they distributed tickets for this week's Port vs Crows match, where it was done via ballot

No matter how they determine ticket allocation, some won't be happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best aspects of Miers' game is his consistent ability to work back into a game after being totally out of it early on; he works out what's wrong, and fixes it.

Yup this.
Didn't look near it early, ball just never went near him but he's ended up with 20 and 3.
He's a money man for sure, reminds me of Stevie J to be honest, different of course, but a similar attribute of being able to contribute on the scoreboard even if they've had little impact.

For god sake how many times do we have to save football. 2005 and 2006 almost destroyed it and then the team that plays the game the way it should be played came along in 2007 and saved it with beautiful attacking football. Then richmond and collingwood get together in the post covid world to almost bring the game to its knees and who steps up? You guessed people the mighty catters with scintillating attacking, high scoring brilliance. I LOVE THIS CLUB hahahahaha

Some pretty impressive stats from tonight's game - only areas we were behind are tackles (but we were +91 disposals) and then rebound 50s, though we did rebound it on 30 occasions from 40 inside 50s which seems a pretty good strike rate

View attachment 891321

To win the tackle count in a game of footy you usually have to be consistent in being second to the contest. 'Mission accomplished', hey Clarko!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back