Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez the old fellas Hodge, Lewis and Burgoyne were great tonight, overall our effort and intensity were right up there and at no point did it look like were going to get far behind....those 3 quick Geelong goals late in the third was what killed us in the end. Whitecross playing in career best form I reckon. Dangerfield got his 30 + but didn't have a huge impact. Special mention to Schoey - I reckon he completely negated Harry Taylor, who normally has a field day against us - and kicked a couple himself.

We lost this game last year and still won the flag - it ain't over yet folks. I feel more confident about our 4Thorn chances after tonight than I have for months.

Whitecross was one of our best and Schoenmakers did reasonably well. If Breust made better decisions he could've finished with 4-5 goals.

It's going to be tough to win the flag from here but it can be done.
You're kidding potting Breust, one of our best players on the night. Hang on we'll trade him.

Hawthorn had the gameplan to defeat Geelong but the Cats had periods of play where they dominated the flow of the game and took advantage just enough to get over the line. That five minute purple patch in the third quarter was decisive.

Birchall is copping vitriol from supporters but let's not pretend that other senior players also didn't make mistakes.

Rest reload and come out aiming to make a statement next week.

Look on the bright side, all that time spent debating who prefers cats or swans to win a gf will no longer be a hypothetical :/ :s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly keen on Adelaide tearing the handbaggers a new rectum in their prelim.

Hey does anyone know when we will play the Doggies next weekend? when does that get announced?

Tomorrow after the other elimination final but it will probably be Friday night.

Did I see Smith smiling before he took his kick?
I couldn't see anything remotely amusing about the situation we were in.
Probably a dead shit ump being captain freaking obvious telling him he can't play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiff.

Umpiring wasn't the issue. That rushed behind first quarter should've been deliberate so there ya go.

You're better suited to playing Sydney anyway so hopefully it'll be a gf rematch. 100k crowd. Footy needs it.

Nah, Hawks v Adelaide grand final would be better. Continue our interstate scalps in the big one.

Stiff.

Umpiring wasn't the issue. That rushed behind first quarter should've been deliberate so there ya go.

You're better suited to playing Sydney anyway so hopefully it'll be a gf rematch. 100k crowd. Footy needs it.
Oh yeah, coz that rushed behind was the only controversial decision which resulted in a goal.
EDIT: The rushed wasn't called, obviously

Think people need to back off on the final mins , Smith would have been rooted for that set shot and Punky did everything right to give the opportunity in the first place imo .
Just one of those things , Varcoe had a similar situation but went our way
I for one am proud of the boys and our club . That was an epic that will live in the memo rio of many for ever .
For ever Hawthorn !!

The worst part about that loss was Geelong were terrible but won...says more about where Hawks are at...any other contender up 3 goals wins that game by 30+. Instead, Hawthorn conceded 4 goals in 8 minutes.
Bottom 6 tonight played well. WhiteX, Shoenmakers, hill and Fitz were all decent, so they can't even be blamed.
Grant Birchall should be made to train for 10 hours a day for the next week alone just kicking the football. His disposal tonight was as bad by a player EVER.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong defeats Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back