Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

They are a likeable group. They're also a good team to watch with some really talented and exciting players. Not where we were just yet, but it's now two good years at the top of the ladder, and this one offering the prospect of a home GF, which they haven't converted into a premiership attempt. It's just likely been a matter of experience and I'm sure they'll grow from it.
Imagine them with a fit Daniher

In 2010 Gaz left. People thought we were finished. We ended up winning the flag the following year.
In 2019 Tim Kelly left. People thought we were finished....

Frustrating Tcat for sure, thx for the suppprt. Would you prefer a refund and we are not in the GF?. FWIW, i paid $1600 plus airfare from Singapore for the 08 granny, and sat amongst a group of Hawk strangers who were all hugging each at the end.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Im sure plenty have been affected by this covid era worse than myself ..but we all have our cross to bear. No not looking for a refund just mention it that its funny how things work out. Im definitely a glass half empty person but hopefully now that CS's group has made a GF ..thats one hurdle that thats jumped ..and next year with some best 22 enhancements... maybe we can do it in front of Vic crowds.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see a player that not many rated in Simpson break out and lock in. being in our best 22

He's special. There was a moment late in the game where he was about to bomb it inside 50, instead he held the kick, dodged one or two tackles, assessed his options inside 50, realised there were none, kicked backwards to an uncontested mark. The amount of skill and nous in that one moment was immense, especially for a bloke with only 15 games to his name. He's going to be a very good player.

They are a likeable group. They're also a good team to watch with some really talented and exciting players. Not where we were just yet, but it's now two good years at the top of the ladder, and this one offering the prospect of a home GF, which they haven't converted into a premiership attempt. It's just likely been a matter of experience and I'm sure they'll grow from it.

I agree. They remind me of us around 2004.

Every time I see Sam Simpson I think of Riccardi..

Anyone know where Charlie Cameron ended up after he rode off on his Harley after kicking his second goal ?.

LOVE this, Hello Kitty. As a Victorian, I was close to tears last night seeing the Port faithful sing their song before the game, arms around and full crowd. It’s been tough and isolating and I’m living with an elderly loved one so I have to be super-careful with COVID but it was so great to watch tonight’s game with said loved one. Hopefully us Vics get some good news tomorrow and can at least watch in small groups. I just want to watch it with my Dad - the only GF (of our era) we didn’t attend together was 08 so we learned we have to stand side by side when the heat is on!
Geelong needs to win this Premiership, for Victorians + all Australians. Next week will be Geelong + Australia -v- Richmond.
Hope you watch it with your Dad + your elderly loved one + it’s a big win!

He's special. There was a moment late in the game where he was about to bomb it inside 50, instead he held the kick, dodged one or two tackles, assessed his options inside 50, realised there were none, kicked backwards to an uncontested mark. The amount of skill and nous in that one moment was immense, especially for a bloke with only 15 games to his name. He's going to be a very good player.

Dare I say it, another Wells special.

AFL Draft 2016: Sam Simpson, son of Sean Simpson, in Geelong’s father-son radar
NICK WADE, Geelong Advertiser
May 11, 2016 9:00am

LATE-developing Geelong Falcons wingman Sam Simpson has surged onto Geelong’s radar as a potential father-son selection this year.
The Cats have confirmed their interest in the son of former 114-gamer Sean Simpson after two impressive performances at TAC Cup level in recent weeks.
Geelong recruiting manager Stephen Wells was a keen observer from the sidelines a fortnight ago when Simpson made his debut for the Falcons against Eastern Ranges.
The 17-year-old St Joseph’s junior then had 28 disposals, six marks and four tackles in a starring role on Saturday in the Falcons’ win over Western Jets.
That performance was also watched by a member of the Cats’ recruiting team.

Simpson is eligible for this year’s draft and the Cats will consider him, though much will hinge on how he develops over the course of the season.
He would be a late pick at best, so would come at little to no cost in terms of the draft bidding system.
Sean Simpson in his 100th AFL game in 1997 against St Kilda.

Sean Simpson in his 100th AFL game in 1997 against St Kilda.
Features of his game are a strong running ability, solid decision-making ability and neat skills, with the potential to play in the midfield.

“Sam has done well in his games for the Geelong Falcons and, like all father-son players, we’re following his progress with a keen interest,” Wells told the Geelong Advertiser yesterday,

Simpson has grown notably in the past 12 months and is tipped to develop further after also overcoming an off-season injury.

Geelong may even decide he needs a further year of development before considering him for the 2017 draft.

Sean Simpson played 114 games for the Cats between 1991-1998. He also played seven matches for St Kilda between 1988-1990.

Great deserved win. Some balanced umpiring in the first half would have seen a similar scoreline, that you gave us last week. Dominated the game. Very impressive performance.

I hope you guys win it all, if nothing more than to take that smug look off Jon Ralph's face. I agree with Chris Scott's comments, this Richmond team is nothing on the Cats teams of 2007,2009 & 2011 or the multiple premierships winning Hawthorn teams.

Anyone know where Charlie Cameron ended up after he rode off on his Harley after kicking his second goal ?.
I rewatched the game just now. His first goal was from a well executed lead after no pressure in the midfield to receive a bullet pass. No defender in the world can stop that.

His second Bews was on him and actually made a great spoil. Unfortunately Henry had his one blemish on an otherwise fine game so effectively assisted him - neither Bews or Kolo could be blamed.

So Kolo could be considered very unlucky at that point. Afterwards he made several important spoils, nullified Cameron completely except for two occasions - one on the boundary, one running into goal later on (we had a player on the line to collect). Not only that but Kolo pushed up on the wing and helped generate play a number of times. While they were directly on each other, Kolo bossed that battle whenever possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back