Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

That's all.

19*******67.
It’s payback time!

I remember watching it with my darling Dad (Melbourne supporter) + crying. I had a massive crush on Sam Newman + was so upset he wasn’t playing. Then losing was just too much. It was my first Season following Geelong.

I rewatched the game just now. His first goal was from a well executed lead after no pressure in the midfield to receive a bullet pass. No defender in the world can stop that.

His second Bews was on him and actually made a great spoil. Unfortunately Henry had his one blemish on an otherwise fine game so effectively assisted him - neither Bews or Kolo could be blamed.

So Kolo could be considered very unlucky at that point. Afterwards he made several important spoils, nullified Cameron completely except for two occasions - one on the boundary, one running into goal later on (we had a player on the line to collect). Not only that but Kolo pushed up on the wing and helped generate play a number of times. While they were directly on each other, Kolo bossed that battle whenever possible.
Yep, I’m calling it 1 goal on two of the games most dangerous forwards in consecutive weeks. A fine effort and huge for finals.

2 goals by ablett in the 3rd is what broke the game. When others were missing he nailed them.

He was very unlucky .... just couple of years less on the clock it would have been 4 or 5 goals that performance. The left around the body must have been close , a little extra length on the kick.. but his second on the run was classic Jr

Yoyo man tagged Stewart early...Stewart had 7-8 touches in the second Q.
Tag dropped.

CEY only had 12 touches was useless.
Berry useless.
Lyons not much.
Neale was very good tho.

Zorko was practically invisible. I thought he'd lift, but nope

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I'll save the Tugboat's board for next week 😋

What i *did* do is post my thanks and condolences on the Brisbane board cos I respect their team and supporters - very few d/hs in their best 22 and they play a great brand of footy under Fagan.

You guys think there’s any chance you make a change? Ratugolea seems to be the one that always causes us a bit of trouble...

I wonder why not myself,..but wiser heads say no, personally l'd swap out excess small Dalhaus for the marking threat and physicality of Ratagolea.
But Scott seems to like him out there we will see.

I could very well be in for an interesting Grand final day.
My wife is pregnant with our first child and due on Monday.
When the season go stretched out to Oct I called she would go into labor grand final day.

Now my wife is a hawks supporter and said if she goes into labor and Geelong win the flag she will join me as a Geelong supporter.

Heres hoping

Anyone know where Charlie Cameron ended up after he rode off on his Harley after kicking his second goal ?.

If it's a Harley, he wouldn't have gotten far before it broke down. Maybe even check the GABBA car park

Last edited:
2 goals by ablett in the 3rd is what broke the game. When others were missing he nailed them.

Agree..hopefully he can retire with a third premiership..what a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back