Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I could very well be in for an interesting Grand final day.
My wife is pregnant with our first child and due on Monday.
When the season go stretched out to Oct I called she would go into labor grand final day.

Now my wife is a hawks supporter and said if she goes into labor and Geelong win the flag she will join me as a Geelong supporter.

Heres hoping

Congratulations!

I hope it's a great day for the 3 of you.

When the season go stretched out to Oct I called she would go into labor grand final day.

Now my wife is a hawks supporter and said if she goes into labor and Geelong win the flag she will join me as a Geelong supporter.

Heres hoping

Screw footy, nothing better than the birth of your child
All the best 👍🍺

Well we’re there...
and Tigers will be spewing we are
I was more worried about the Lions and that rabid home crowd pumping them up , like they did 2 weeks ago

We've made 4 prelim's in a row
Geelong have made 4 of the last 5 ?

what we have is consistency at a very high level from both sides

neither side looks like they have fallen in the GF a la GWS last year

that doesn't mean the score line will be tight
if one side has a couple of players that are a tad sore from the prelim or just a tad flat
the other side will monster them

I was more worried about the Lions and that rabid home crowd pumping them up , like they did 2 weeks ago

We've made 4 prelim's in a row
Geelong have made 4 of the last 5 ?

what we have is consistency at a very high level from both sides

neither side looks like they have fallen in the GF a la GWS last year

that doesn't mean the score line will be tight
if one side has a couple of players that are a tad sore from the prelim or just a tad flat
the other side will monster them

Probably wanted to avoid each other.. yet here we are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres hoping
Tell her to keep her legs crossed until Saturday!! 🤣

A solid effort last night. Well done to Chris Scott and the players in performing well under pressure the last two matches.

It is great to break the run of Preliminary Final losses.

I have yet to skim through this thread in detail, so apologies if what I write here has already been covered.

Duncan was impressive again and it was pleasing to see Ablett's deft touch deliver two goals in the 3rd quarter. Simpson's quality was again on display.

Well done last night , sets up a great contest

I see Stanley as key to your chances next week
he seems to be improving weekly and last night got inside big Oscar's head
where as two weeks ago the big O played like a man of steel

Stanley V Nank and two very good midfields at their feet

careful/precise vs surge/chaos

Hawkins V the young bull in Balta

The wise old head of Harry V Lynch

I don't think footy purists will miss it

Go Tiges :)

Too balance all the positivity ....

Luke Dahlhaus 9 poss.. and no tackles. .... needs to lift ... Miers is kid ..and fluffed his lines a bit... but LukeD. need more from him

Too balance all the positivity ....

Luke Dahlhaus 9 poss.. and no tackles. .... needs to lift ... Miers is kid ..and fluffed his lines a bit... but LukeD. need more from him

Sav for Dahl?

Sav for Dahl?

Not sure.... but really can you pressure Richmond into failure ..... or do we look at the way Colling beat them in the PF? Thing is Cox is very reliable setshot.

My bet is we make minimal changes ...

Long term ..dahl is not my fav ..and he does his role ..but I like goal kickers. I hope another small can find a way thru eventually .. as Jr is done and Meir is querky.

It’s quite funny the Ablett one. The lions player was gone. Then the ump paid in the back!!!! I couldn’t believe it. So much so that when I watched the game again directly after, I forgot it was in the back and was stoked with the Ablett tackle/effort.

It also seemed that after the whistle everyone was lining up for it being a Geelong free kick - don't think the Lions even though it was there's

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back