Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Life is funny ...... Im so happy we are in the GF .... yet I have paid a big chunk of cash for the right to GF tickets for a decade .. and we finally get there ... and I cant go to the game...
Frustrating Tcat for sure, thx for the suppprt. Would you prefer a refund and we are not in the GF?. FWIW, i paid $1600 plus airfare from Singapore for the 08 granny, and sat amongst a group of Hawk strangers who were all hugging each at the end.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, Port didn't play all that well and the umpiring was terrible - still only got done by a goal.

I'm not putting my house on the result, but I think it'll go close
Yeah I thought that when we played Richmond a few weeks ago and they made us look second rate. We need to be on our A-Game, and we need to nail our goals because Cheatmond won't miss theirs.

The pleasing thing is that our bottom 6 are all contributing. Only player I can think of that could lift is probably Dahl.

We had Jarvis, Sav, Fogarty, Close and Atkins in against the Tigers in Rnd 17 and no Rohan.

This is easily our strongest lineup.

What a Masterclass of coaching. Bravo Chris Scott, you have completely and utterly destroyed the opposition the last 2 weeks and were good enough to win v Port.
It was the players who couldn’t hit the scoreboard properly in week 1, and the players should’ve had this game done by HT.
Good on the players for staying focussed, awesome job to stay on top of the lions for 4 quarters. They never had momentum at all. Stuck to the structure and held firm.

Losing week 1 as I suspected was going to be good for us. The extra bye does not help much at all.

Now open the borders please. Or just let me in, I don’t have Covid :)

Does anyone have a video of bews tackle on berry streaming out of middle. It didn’t completely stick but took him down - a real sign of intent for the day. Bews is built for a grand final!!
It was a very good tackle, and the only Geelong tackle for the whole night which was not called "In the Back" by the umpires.

Stoppage work outstanding. It's almost a shame Hawkins is a forward... he would be a dominant main ruck.. combined with his field kicking and marking?

Interesting hypothetical with Hawkins as a ruck. He was always too good forward and too valuable to risk as a ruck or even 2nd ruck. If we are ever in a game where the opposition ruck is completely dominating and we’re losing the clearances, it could be a useful tactic to actually throw him in the ruck for 15mins to try to turn the tide of a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing l would wish for is a second tall like a Jeremy Cameron to help Tom with chop out who's strong o/head.
With Balta, Broard and Grimes and Nankervis intercept marking filling the hole worries me how Hawkins and Rohan including Dangerfield can kick enough goals.
I would drop Dalhaus who l believe is an accessory we don't need.
Would've preferred Sav to draw a tall defender to open up the forwardlne.
All the same whoever plays hope they all play out of their skins.
Last thing, we've found a player in Sam Simpson and those that can't give Sam Menegola credit, time to shut up.

Last edited:
The selection of Sam Simpson in the semi final was a brave and crucial decision. They made the call to drop a clear favourite of theirs (Atkins), who simply doesn’t contribute enough.

Simpson’s youthful enthusiasm, polished skills and relentless pressure has played a big part in our past two wins.

He grew up a Cats supporter. Not sure how much part that plays in his attitude but he clearly has a steely determination.

It was a very good tackle, and the only Geelong tackle for the whole night which was not called "In the Back" by the umpires.
It’s quite funny the Ablett one. The lions player was gone. Then the ump paid in the back!!!! I couldn’t believe it. So much so that when I watched the game again directly after, I forgot it was in the back and was stoked with the Ablett tackle/effort.

Frustrating Tcat for sure, thx for the suppprt. Would you prefer a refund and we are not in the GF?. FWIW, i paid $1600 plus airfare from Singapore for the 08 granny, and sat amongst a group of Hawk strangers who were all hugging each at the end.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I paid 2k for 2 tickets to 2007, drove over from Adelaide and sat in the middle of a grand stand full of Port flogs. We had the entire stand to ourselves for the last qtr 😂. I would’ve sold a body part for those tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back