Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure.... but really can you pressure Richmond into failure ..... or do we look at the way Colling beat them in the PF? Thing is Cox is very reliable setshot.

My bet is we make minimal changes ...

Long term ..dahl is not my fav ..and he does his role ..but I like goal kickers. I hope another small can find a way thru eventually .. as Jr is done and Meir is querky.

Yeah, I think there'll be minimal changes too, but if there was just one that would stretch the Tiger's defense, and possibly generate a nett improvement in our goal kicking, then Sav for Dahl would be it I reckon.

So many thoughts about the break-through, but watching Fagan's press conference - what a freaking legend! Had just seen his team get beaten up, but wasn't sulky or emotional. Stays positive without being delusional about where the Lions are at: they're on the right path and they'll get better (loved the Hawks comparison... even if I don't like the Hawks). Gives credit where it's due while still pointing out where the Lions need to improve.

Sure, Clarkson is the "winningest" current coach in terms of flags and Dimma might be the new "master coach", but if Scott was to retire after next week, Fages would be my #1 pick to follow him (good luck prying him out of the Lions, of course).

Well done guys.

Way, way too good. Umpires were on our side all night as well and obviously there was a massive push to have us play in a home GF.

The usual suspects played well as expected but I thought some of your “lesser lights” like Parfitt, Henry, Simpson, Miers were superb. You were just so much cleaner than us all night.

Got to admire how Geelong can control the tempo of the game so easily. The way you dismantled Collingwood and us was pretty bloody good to watch.

Go well next week. Really hoping you guys get up.

Its on catters. Winner gets Shaun Grigg.

But... we've already got him?

Not sure.... but really can you pressure Richmond into failure ..... or do we look at the way Colling beat them in the PF? Thing is Cox is very reliable setshot.

My bet is we make minimal changes ...

Long term ..dahl is not my fav ..and he does his role ..but I like goal kickers. I hope another small can find a way thru eventually .. as Jr is done and Meir is querky.

Narkle for Dahl, but too late now.

Its on catters. Winner gets Shaun Grigg.

we will do our best to raise to your level and make it an even battle ...

Narkle for Dahl, but too late now.

Honestly I think Narkle is better up field rather than near goals .. more a traditional winger type imo... not sure of his motor though.

I have high hopes one of the smalls we have can do the job. Evans looks very promising ... and lets see who we draft. Miers fantastic value for a tail end pick.. but we need some class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Hawk is having a pretty good finals series.

vs Port - 13 possessions, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 3 hit outs, 0.5
vs Collingwood - 17 possessions, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 4.1
vs Brisbane - 12 possessions, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 11 hit outs, 2.3

Averaging 14 possessions, 7 marks and 5 scoring shots a game. Was a shame he was so inaccurate against Port, but he has bounced back well.

There should be a lockdown role for Dahl.

I just don’t think we can risk a change to Sav without throwing out the balance with Taylor, Hendo, Blitz, Stanley.

Close was great in early games but faded and eventually lost his spot. Stevens hasn’t produced and turnovers will kill us.

We know what we get with Atkins and it hasn’t been significantly different to Dahl.

I’d back Dahl. I don’t think he will get nervous by a big game so prefer we stick with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too balance all the positivity ....

Luke Dahlhaus 9 poss.. and no tackles. .... needs to lift ... Miers is kid ..and fluffed his lines a bit... but LukeD. need more from him

I can handle Miers’ mistakes - because he has the mentality of a player with far more experience. He’s blessed with the priceless ability to completely forget his previous stuff up and keep presenting, keep going at the ball. His skills let him down last night but certainly not his endeavour

How was the adrenaline, didn't get to sleep until 4am, was up watching the replay and all possible post game material. Straight back on to it as soon as I woke up reading every article and scouring Photo Galleries for the crowd singing the song etc haha :D

There should be a lockdown role for Dahl.

I just don’t think we can risk a change to Sav without throwing out the balance with Taylor, Hendo, Blitz, Stanley.

Close was great in early games but faded and eventually lost his spot. Stevens hasn’t produced and turnovers will kill us.

We know what we get with Atkins and it hasn’t been significantly different to Dahl.

I’d back Dahl. I don’t think he will get nervous by a big game so prefer we stick with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's experience of playing in a grand final may be very useful next week

Last night wasn't his best game, and actually he's worse output since our loss to Carlton, but look at the week before against Collingwood:
17 disposals (14 effective), 3 marks, 1 goal, 3 tackles, 2 goal assists, 7 score involvements & 5 inside 50s

We know he can bring that sort of game, so hope they back him in to do so

I can handle Miers’ mistakes - because he has the mentality of a player with far more experience. He’s blessed with the priceless ability to completely forget his previous stuff up and keep presenting, keep going at the ball. His skills let him down last night but certainly not his endeavour

I dont think he is in form ... but he has played 45 games and is 21.. inconsistency is to be expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong defeats Lions by 40 points for a GRAND FINAL BERTH in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back