Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 25 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

He's got the Hawthorn spirit. He never gives up.

I hate the HFC with a passion, but I must begrudgingly admit that I admire their love of the contest and refusal to ever give up.

Wish we had it. Always have.
Are you high? One thing the Cats never do is give up!
How many blowouts you seen in the last few years?!
A little appreciation for a club that has only missed the finals twice in 17 years!

He's got the Hawthorn spirit. He never gives up.

I hate the HFC with a passion, but I must begrudgingly admit that I admire their love of the contest and refusal to ever give up.

Wish we had it. Always have.

And look at the Hawks coming back at Freo

Ehh, went all in this year with recruiting, going to backfire immensely, Jeremy Cameron alone isn’t the answer to going one step further.

Call me dramatic but I’d be surprised if we are there in September this year, we genuinely look cooked.
Hi Dramatic93.
We'll see finals. Unquestionably.

We all see it different. The dees mids all had a day out.
I probs had Atkins as our best today. Thought he was allright.

I thought Stewart was our best. We'd have lost by 10 goals today if we didn't have him down back.

Are you high? One thing the Cats never do is give up!
How many blowouts you seen in the last few years?!
A little appreciation for a club that has only missed the finals twice in 17 years!

No, I'm not.

And I've watched the club for many, many years. And I've also watched the Hawks.

I stand by what I said.

Time for the Kreuger backline experiment in the VFL to stop. He needs to practice his craft as a forward as if Hawkins/Cameron are out we need a 2nd tall forward.

The side is full of defenders, so not sure why Kreuger needs to be another one.

cats_09

To continue on from the game time thread, I think / hope CS is asking searching questions and demanding answers from all his assistant coaches.

It's his responsibility to ensure those guys are presenting a product that performs to his satisfaction and criteria.

Today's questions should include asking why the guys weren't motivated today, and justifications for some of the selections.

He is the senior coach. They answer to him. He should be throwing some weight around.

I think most would agree that forward structure is our biggest weakness, but for whatever reason it feels like Enright is the least spoken about of the assistant coaches

We hear often of Scarlett & the Misfits, and that he really seems to have ownership in terms of our defensive set up

Fans have tended to be rather vocal about Knights as our midfield coach, and questions about what's happening with our midfield when that area doesn't function as it should

But when it comes to our forward structure, so much seems to be put on Scott & his game plan without a lot of talk about Enright & what he's done or not done

I know some will say "it's the head coach who accepts the trophy so it's all on them", but it also feels like now days that more is trusted to the line coaches with regards to structure, set up etc, for their players

I know that we're missing key players to our forward structure, but it just wasn't functioning today, and this is where Scott, Enright & the players need to sit down and talk about what's happening, what's not happening and what needs to happen going forward - get everyone on the same page

But from the first passage of play today, there seemed to be a disconnection between the forward line & the other players - Selwood with the early free kick & I could hear someone direct him to kick it to the wing where Smith was open & with space to run into, but instead Selwood opted to go long in the Hawkins direction even though Hawkins wasn't leading at the ball & had someone in the space in front of him

Hopefully when we start getting guys back like Dangerfield, Rohan, Cameron, & Parfitt, add in Higgins, fingers crossed Evans, it'll change things up a little and we start to see more movement & options presented from the forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Melbourne played really well.
I still can't get my head around 'incorrect disposal' 'holding the ball
Cant get my head around the fact Close and Selwood got pinged for clear handballs but Gawn frequently threw it and never got called.

Dahlhaus, Stanley, ZGuthrie, Narkle out
Rohan, Fort, Danger, Holmes in, Henry moved down back

Obviously Cameron and Parfitt too if they're git

That already looks a much better side

Game style continues to kill us, really gives us little chance to hurt the opposition. Demons are a good side but 4 goals down at the start of the last and allowing Lever to play spare in defence? Just brain dead coaching.

Player wise. Half a dozen that could say they played ok, rest were terrible.

I expected a loss, although I thought that would be due to their run and carry being too much for us to keep up with, which it was to a degree.
What I didn't expect was Cats players to be so reactionary, so timid in the contest and constantly trying to corral and not put their body on the ball and hit a contest hard.
I won't nail individual players as almost every player had situations they'd be disappointed in (from Selwood and Hawkins down, literally all 22 players).
I'm not as melty as some in this thread, although I was heated throughout the game, we desperately need some of our outs in and clearly are more than a step short of those who didn't play finals (or didn't go deep).
We just gotta make sure we don't get to round 8 4-4, NEED to bank points early in the year especially when we are clearly playing well short of our best.

Slightly off topic, but if Hawkins gets sighted, not even suspended or anything but simply sightened, for the hit on May then I give up this game. You can bookmark this now if you want, if he even gets fined I will not follow this sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 25 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back