Autopsy Geelong QF loses to Richmond by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Discuss our loss to Richmond here and changes for next week.

Unfortunately it looks like we have handed Adelaide the flag so whatever happens from here is pretty much irrelevant but that said let's discuss it anyway.

RICHMOND SUPPORTERS-I cannot stress strongly enough if you want to keep your Bigfooty accounts and not have them infract out this is not the thread for you. It is the only warning you will get-fail to heed it at your peril.

Say what you like about our performance tonight but our players ran out onto the ground to the tune of 80,000 animals booing, at what was our 'home' game.

Might as well have been a zoo where I was sitting, nothing was off limits as the tiger supporters swore and screamed at seemingly nothing.

Fair credit to them though, barracking for Richmond is physiological torture and I couldn't blame anyone for acting that way after decades of pain.

If the AFL has a shred of integrity, they'll let us play finals in Geelong, as should be our right. I don't care how many people miss out.

Next week, if we do not win, I think Chris Scott should resign, as we can't keep accepting being knocked out in finals as the benchmark for what is acceptable.

"Geelong has been the No.1 ranked team this season for contested possession differential, but currently trail 137-154 in this area. Dion Prestia has a game-high 16 contested possessions (also a season-high for Prestia)."

But fire away. It was, I'm sure:

- The coach
- Hawkins not leading
- reliance on Dangerwood
- too tall
- too slow
- not picking Menzel

etc.

It's the midfield stupid. Smashed there and we can't win when we don't win the middle.

Horrendous bunch of individuals.

Passengers everywhere.

Be civl.

Bans will be issues.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott press conference report in:

• "Slow start but that is OK we are used to it",
  • 'WE ARE UP TO THE FIGHT and are optimistic'
  • "Would you like to buy a membership next year"
  • "We know the reason we lost but I will not share that with you, it is too complicated"
  • "Menzel is one of our best goal kickers and we played him nearly every game but we decided to not play him tonight for team balance"
  • 4 tackles inside our 50 for the game was great, we would have got one more if Menzel played"
  • "trade period will be interesting"
  • "we came to win and had the right mindset"
  • "need to forget and move on, just like ALL of our other finals"
  • "we will more on quickly"
  • 'we congratulate THE AFL for letting us play away from home
  • "their ruckman did not jump and we tapped it down to their spare, great tactic"
  • "We played heaps of new players this year so we are rebuilding, do not panic"
  • "They ran away from us at the end as we were resting for next week"
  • "Caddy played OK, he would have been our best if we kept him"
  • "Next week will be interesting, we should play better when we fix a few things"
  • "Not sure how many more tall players we can get in, but we will try"
  • Selwood should be OK next week even though we played him a touch early"
  • We are confident against the Swans next week, last years final was an aboration"
  • "If we had to play another quarter I think with our momentum we would have got close"
  • "We win on talent during the year but finals footy is harder for some reason"
  • "Harry Taylor played well as a forward as he made space for Hawkins, Taylor was magnificent when he got a Goal in junk time and our Key Forward Hawkins kicked a goal"
  • "Next week we will try a plan B, I have to think of one. Can you suggest anything"
  • "If it was not for the fundamental basics we would have been better"
  • "Lucky we got rid of our older players if not we would have lost by more"
  • Guthrie is in next week, the medical team say he is OK but I am not sure yet"
  • "Our finals record has room for improvement"
  • "I inherited a great team but I think we have room to grow"
  • Hawkins might play forward this week”
  • “26 a piece near the end of the third and we only lost by 51 points is not bad. I think that is what you call exponential”
  • "We can not play that bad next week, at least that is something"
  • "Contested footy is not that important in finals, we would rather concentrate on zoning off. That is a modern aspect of the game"
  • “Only 83 turnovers is OK, there is room for improvement”
  • “Do we have to play next week against Sydney or can we just not show up to avoid the embarrassment”
  • "I love our defensive game even though we kicked 5 goals"
  • "Interesting meeting after the game, the players were wrapped"

Last edited:
"Geelong has been the No.1 ranked team this season for contested possession differential, but currently trail 137-154 in this area. Dion Prestia has a game-high 16 contested possessions (also a season-high for Prestia)."

- The coach
- Hawkins not leading
- reliance on Dangerwood
- too tall
- too slow
- not picking Menzel

etc.

It's the midfield stupid. Smashed there and we can't win when we don't win the middle.
What about the long bomb?

- The coach
- Hawkins not leading
- reliance on Dangerwood
- too tall
- too slow
- not picking Menzel

etc.

Menogola was shocking,
we won the hitouts but they dominated us in the midfield
We played shocking.

All I can say is we are shit off a bye, so at least we don't have to worry about that now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong QF loses to Richmond by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back